Dragonball Z Redub News & Release Date!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Dragonball Z Redub News & Release Date!

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:06 pm

Awsome news! Along with the new redub for seasons 1 and 2 ,movies 1,2 and 3 will be redubbed as well, and a release date for Movies 10 & 11!

I feel like its season 3 all over again! :D

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/6049.html

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:12 pm

I cant wait for the re-dub. 2005 is going to be one kick ass year.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:47 pm

Some of the material from these episodes was previously released in Ocean editions, which presented the material as it had been edited for broadcast. The first 63 episodes were edited down into 50 episodes, with many key segments, including major fight scenes (such as a key battle between Goku and Vegeta), heavily edited.
Those numbers bug me. :?

But otherwise, this is certainly good news. But where's Saiyaman? :cry:

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:54 pm

Eh, until I see something straight from the horses mouth I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

I'm not worried about Funi botching the episode count on the redub, if anything they are good at squeezing every last dollar out of a property and wouldn't miss the opportunity to produce a few more DVD's I'm sure :P

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:55 pm

They're redoing the movies? The ones Pioneer did, correctly?

There is no God.

-Corey

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:02 pm

They're redoing the movies? The ones Pioneer did, correctly?

There is no God.

Eh, I thought it would be a bad idea to but, Its not like the Pioneer version would cease to exsist. I rather have two versions to chose from then none. I also like to see how FUNimation is going to handle the Mr.Piccolo song.[/code]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:09 am

Well, I knew about the first two seasons being re-dubbed, but the first 3 movies too? I already payed a butt-load of money for those... :?

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:30 am

Since Funi is redubbing movies 1, 2, and 3, will they change the japanese score so it's English? Since in my understanding, Pioneer didn't change the score, and I definitely don't want the music changed in those movies to resemble the crappy music in GT, sorry, I'm a Faulconer fan.
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:11 am

I find it very difficult to imagine those movies without the original music. I mean, the two Gohan songs just mesh with the animation so perfectly. Especially Piccolo-san Daisuki, which is rather pivotal to its scene. I wonder how Nadolny might sound singing in her Gohan voice...

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:37 am

Dragon wrote:and I definitely don't want the music changed in those movies to resemble the crappy music in GT, sorry, I'm a Faulconer fan.
Yeah, that one God damned song they play OVER AND OVER again. Damn, it pisses me off when I watch the dub.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:38 am

Well, I remember hearing once that FUNi was going to release ALL of the DBZ property in english with the same voice actors so that the franchise has a sense of continuity, I'll buy them to have the whole "FUNi set", and to see how they dub them. I thought Pioneer did an AWESOME job on those movies! I think that's pretty damn close to my ideal for DBZ in English.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:58 pm

Bulma: You just HAD to buy the expensive SHIP didnt you?

I remember when I watched Movie 3 w/ my sister she was like "OMFG, she said shit!" :shock:

Idontknowhasnoclue

Post by Idontknowhasnoclue » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:23 pm

Why in the hell are they going to re do movies 1.2, and 3? I mean is it not bad enough that pioneer dubbed the Tree Of Might twice. I mean come on I have the first release of movie 3 on VHS and then the second on DVD, and the funny thing is when i bought them i had no idea that pioneer had redone movie 3. I mean the script for it is completley different than that of the first. I don't know if I want to fork out the money just to get FUNI's new (gasps) versions of the movies. It just dosen't seem like there is a need to, but i will more than likely buy them anyway. (sighs) *Is it so much to ask just to have all of the dragonball saga(s) on DVD!*
"Evolve and Let The Chips Fall Where They May"
-Fight Club-
-Tyler Durden-

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 pm

meh no ones forcing em to rebuy the first 3 movies and I have them all on DVD (Heck I used to have all 3 on VHS but I sold em to get the DVDs), so frankyl FUNi can do what it likes, not really going to bother me.
-Laserkid

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:42 pm

laserkid wrote:meh no ones forcing em to rebuy the first 3 movies and I have them all on DVD (Heck I used to have all 3 on VHS but I sold em to get the DVDs), so frankyl FUNi can do what it likes, not really going to bother me.
Can you please... uh... type a little better? I've been lenient on you because you've been around for a bit, but you've still gotta follow the rules.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:52 pm

I will consider that a warning and will aim to do better. My apologies.
-Laserkid

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:55 pm

I've been holding off on the first three movies simply because the subtitle font and name spellings bug me. I have no interest in the dub, but I've been hoping for a Daimao-approved version for some time. Great news.