Director's Choice for 10 best fight scenes [Ruination DVD]

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Director's Choice for 10 best fight scenes [Ruination DVD]

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:43 pm

Yup Ruination has a new countdown, much like "A Hero's Legacy's" top ten crazyest techniques.

10- Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta vs. Yi Shen Long
9- Kuririn vs. Bacterian
8-Trunks vs. Freeza
7-Super Buu vs. Vegetto candy
6-Baby Gohan vs. Vegeta
5-Goku + Vegeta vs. Metal Cooler
4-Goku + Piccolo vs. Raditz
3-Vegeta vs. Zarbon
2-Videl vs. Spopovich
1- Gohan vs. Broly (movie 10)

Discuss!

I just want to point out two things, in the redub, they are using a bunch of Pioneer's lines and the picture quality for the Raditz fight is extremely grainy, and by extremely I mean it has NOTHING on the rest of the series, even the original DB! I hope they clean that up.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:54 pm

Which director is choosing this?
What's Gohan v Broli like (voice wise)?

And Pioneer didn't write any lines.
Where's the beef?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:09 pm

El_Diablo wrote:Which director is choosing this?
What's Gohan v Broli like (voice wise)?

And Pioneer didn't write any lines.
the clip is all screams, music... is alright...

and I meant Ocean in the Pioneer version... my bad...

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:58 pm

I think FUNimation is making these "list" so they can show off clips to upcomming DBZ episodes and movies that have yet to be released to get people talking...hey, Iam not saying it's a bad thing. I rather have a clip from an upcomming release then a crapy trailer with techno-rap music. :wink:

TripleRach

Re: Director's Choice for 10 best fight scenes [Ruination DV

Post by TripleRach » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:29 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:2-Videl vs. Spopovich
I don't know about that one... Certainly it was a very good, powerful scene, but as for being a good fight scene in general? I'd have to disagree completely.

The other choices are pretty good and interesting, though.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:32 pm

I'd actually have to agree with FUNimation on the inclusion of the Videl/Spopovich fight. That is the only fight in the series that made me wince.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:29 am

The S wrote:I'd actually have to agree with FUNimation on the inclusion of the Videl/Spopovich fight. That is the only fight in the series that made me wince.
I totally agree. I was in awe and was shocked at the brutality of that fight. The first time they showed that fight on XEWT a Mexican station here in San Diego, they cut the episode short right after Videl twists Spopovich's neck.

As a matter of fact... I need to check to see if I kept the edited version or the complete version.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:10 pm

Hmm why no Goku VS Maijin Vegeta,an actual fight between the two rivals and a very brutal and powerful fight it was...still thats just a minor niggle the rest look fair enough.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:25 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I think FUNimation is making these "list" so they can show off clips to upcomming DBZ episodes and movies that have yet to be released to get people talking...hey, Iam not saying it's a bad thing. I rather have a clip from an upcomming release then a crapy trailer with techno-rap music. :wink:
Yup, I have to agree, it's a ploy! FUNi is trying to say: "The best is yet to come! Stay tuned!!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:47 pm

Corvus Moore wrote:Hmm why no Goku VS Maijin Vegeta,an actual fight between the two rivals and a very brutal and powerful fight it was...still thats just a minor niggle the rest look fair enough.
You might want to check out the spelling and... err... the spacebar... for your posts.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:52 pm

I don`t put a space after punctuation and I also type how I talk,hence the "...." and small letters after,plus if your wondering why I use the accent mark for don`t etc. its because the button featuring the at key is broken.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:56 pm

The S wrote:I'd actually have to agree with FUNimation on the inclusion of the Videl/Spopovich fight. That is the only fight in the series that made me wince.
I'm agreeing with this as well. I remember first watching these episodes fansubbed eons ago and almost having to FASTFORWARD some of the scenes because they were so brutal. I guess it was a combination of the blood, the fact this was all happening to a girl with not NEARLY as much experience as our usual heroes, and the sheer brutality of it all.

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:26 am

Z-Senshi vs. Nappa would be a cool one to have on there. I guess the fact that it goes on for a fair few episodes would put people off it.

Still, that list is pretty good.
... Maybe later.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:24 pm

Corvus Moore wrote:I don`t put a space after punctuation and I also type how I talk,hence the "...." and small letters after,plus if your wondering why I use the accent mark for don`t etc. its because the button featuring the at key is broken.
I find that to sound rather stupid. Putting spaces after punctuation is much more easier on the readers' eyes, and I don't really think it's a matter of personal preference. I'll accept one of your keys being broken, but typing badly on purpose isn't exactly nice. Go to your room and think about what you've done.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:34 pm

Corvus Moore wrote:I don`t put a space after punctuation and I also type how I talk,hence the "...." and small letters after,plus if your wondering why I use the accent mark for don`t etc. its because the button featuring the at key is broken.
Don't feel you're being singled out on this. Every person who doesn't type correctly gets some kind of warning.

It's difficult to read posts that are not written properly. The attempt with this forum has been, and always will be, to provide a totally different environment than DBZ fans are used to. Nicely written posts, none of that "OMG J00 PHAIL!!!" nonsense, etc. Typing properly is part of this.

Typing with correct grammar is one of the rules you agree to when you first sign up on the board. If you don't feel that you can stick with these rules, I'm more than happy to set your account to "Inactive" and help you find another board, outside of Daizenshuu EX, to post on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:47 pm

Corvus Moore wrote:Hmm why no Goku VS Maijin Vegeta,an actual fight between the two rivals and a very brutal and powerful fight it was...still thats just a minor niggle the rest look fair enough.
If you think about it, that battle essentially consisted of "Let's bash our heads against each other repeatedly!" It was fun to watch, to be sure... the animators actually put some work into the battle.

However, the fight wasn't really as big as some of the other battles on the list... and any possible hint at strategy or tactics was alleviated in place of... one more time... head smashin'.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:24 pm

I'm glad they put the Videl vs Spopovich fight in the top ten, i really liked that fight too. I was actually talking to a friend about it a couple of days ago. It was a really hard hitting fight.

Too bad they didn't include the Z Team vs Nappa & Vegeta fight in the list.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:39 am

Videl Vs. Spoppovitch should have gotten number one and Vegetto Candy Vs. Buu should be number 2. Otherwise, good list. ^^
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Idontknowhasnoclue

Post by Idontknowhasnoclue » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:29 pm

I like this one a lot better than the last one on the DBGT- A Hero's Legacy, which i liked and all but this showed some more interesting clips from the re-dubs and Movie-10. I hope funimation decides to do more of these. Though I don't know what they would be called, but you know funimation could come up with something off the wall.
"Evolve and Let The Chips Fall Where They May"
-Fight Club-
-Tyler Durden-

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:28 pm

No Yamcha vs. Ten? No Goku vs. Chun? No Goku vs. Murasaki? Aragh! These battles are crap, especially Trunks vs. Freeza! Thats not even a fight! Trunks vs. Freeza's Henchmen would of been more acceptable! On the other hand Vegeta vs. Zarbon, that was a crazy fight!

I remember watching it for my first time, and TOTALLY did not expect Zarbon to transform...it was like.... BABABOOM!!! :shock: -craps pants-

The inclusion of GT battles just makes it worse, than again, its a GT Dvd...so yeh...gotta have a few GT fights or "light shows" ^^