"Transformations - Saiyan": Various Updates

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Transformations - Saiyan": Various Updates

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:59 pm

http://www.daizex.com/guides/transformations/saiyan/

Significant updates. Lots of little things added here and there for the USSJ stages, and a whole new section added for "Full-Power Super Saiyan." Did a crapload of manga reading today, so I'm fairly sure I've covered anything and everything that's there. Give it all a read-through, though. Lemme know.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:04 pm

:shock:

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but this is way too strange. I had a dream last night about this update, exactly the way it is. Weird weird weird...

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:06 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote::shock:

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but this is way too strange. I had a dream last night about this update, exactly the way it is. Weird weird weird...
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask for proof. :P

I'm diggin' the "full-power saiyan," a grand addition!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:00 pm

Oh! I also added some extra notes about Vegetto & Gogeta in the SSJ1 & SSJ2 sections. Bite me, IGN.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Bite me, IGN.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:15 pm

That was retarded :P.

ON-TOPIC! ^^;;

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:41 am

Any (other real) comments at all? :P Thinking of updating with this, later on today.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:41 pm

Are you going to add the other time Goku goes Oozaru? (at the tournament)
Where's the beef?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:06 pm

We only note the first time a transformation takes place. For something like Oozaru it's not that often, but imagine if we noted every single time Goku went SSJ1... ^^;;

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:19 am

We see SSj1 Goku 8 times in the whole series...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:53 pm

And now to make up for my completly random comment earlier, time for some real commentary!

I always thought that the "FPSSJ" defintion was rather stupid, since people seem to believe that it is its own form, like USSJ, but whatever. Now, I always assumed that when Toriyama had them come out of the Room of Spirit and Time, it was because they had literally reached the limits of Super Saiyan (something which would change later on, so the story could progress of course). I don't recall it being said exactly, but I thought Goku was hinting at that, for the reason why they came out early, and didn't take a second turn.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:10 pm

Yeah, I think he said he had reached his limit, and would just be straining his body if he went back in.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:44 am

Say, what ever happened to you making notes on Super Saiyan 5?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:48 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:Say, what ever happened to you making notes on Super Saiyan 5?
Haven't written it, yet :P.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:03 pm

I wouldn't write it up if I were you, people will start thinking that there is actually an SSj5...

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:04 pm

He went out of his way to create commotion among idiots with the AF prank. I don't think he'll withhold info from them just to prevent such commotion. :)

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:20 pm

Actually, What about from near the end of the 10th anniversary special? Goku did sorta power up after Ha-chan was killed. If you ask me it was kinda similar to the Quasi-SSJ, exept with a Blue aura instead of a gold one.... If you look at it his hair DOES stand on end SSJ style a bit.... (although it does seem to go up and down a bit) Hmm.... Well, just a suggestion....

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:55 am

NOTES: The term "Super Saiyan Full Power" is coined in the second daizenshuu (it appears nowhere in the manga). It also notes that Goku's aura, while his Super Saiyan power is drawn out to its limits, is "different." There is no indication that either Goku and/or Gohan have reached their "maximum power" while in this stage; in fact, that's quite an outlandish claim to make. There is always room for improvement. Goku and Gohan do indeed grow stronger with time, pushing the Super Saiyan stage to its limits time and time again.

While they were at a picnic, during the 10 day wait for the Cell Games, Gohan asks "Father, is it really alright for us to be relaxing like this?" and Goku's reply was "I told you it wouldn't do any good if we tried to train a lot more now. We've already reached our limits."
So apparently, Full Power Super Saiyan is literally their 'full power'.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Sorry if this was brought up already somewhere else, but I think there's an error in the SSJ2 section of the Saiyan Transformation Guide. It says Gohan transformed in ep 155, but shouldn't this say 184? Also, Majin Vegeta is listed as transforming in episode 162, but it would have had to be well after episode 200 since that's when the Buu saga was. Same thing with Goku in the next entry.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:03 pm

Huh, you're right. I wonder where that came from. I'm pretty sure someone pointed it out to me before, too, and I just ignored it... like a dumbass... anyway, yeah. Someone got the correct Goku/Vegeta episode numbers? Chapters aren't a problem (Julian can just look 'em up).