Will Funimation Release "The Great Saiya-man" Saga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Idontknowhasnoclue

Will Funimation Release "The Great Saiya-man" Saga

Post by Idontknowhasnoclue » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:12 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if funimation will be releasing the "Great Saiya-Man Saga" on DVD soon or ever. I have searched around to find out some information on the release dates, but nothing turns up. I mean Funimation did release the "World Tournament" Saga on DVD but they skipped the Great Saiya-Man Saga. I mean they released it on VHS but come on VHS sucks. It puts a real gap in my Dragonball DVD collection (Not to mention the re-dubs coming out in a few months, added which I am excited about). But if anyone can please help me with this information would greatly thank you.
"Evolve and Let The Chips Fall Where They May"
-Fight Club-
-Tyler Durden-

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:09 pm

Just give them time. They'll get to it.....eventually. :roll:
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:44 pm

Didn't they have a problem with VHS version, If I remeber correctly the name "The Other World Tournament" was copywrited by someone else...

Does anyone else remeber this?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:24 pm

It will be released once they've done releasing Cell Games DVDs. At least I think so. That would make sense, wouldn't it?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:17 am

Why is it exactly that they're jumping around with their DVD releases like this?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:04 am

For the longest time the DBZ DVD release schedule lagged massively behind that of the VHS (It still does even to this day, I guess), and for quite some time was even behind the Cartoon Network airing of the show.

Ultimately I think they began with the jumping around in order to get the DVD's ahead of the Cartoon Network airing and thus sell the discs to those who couldn't wait for more episodes to air.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:18 am

The S wrote:Why is it exactly that they're jumping around with their DVD releases like this?
BECUASE THERE MO EVILL THeN SATON HIMSELVE!!!!111 I MEEN!!! MO EVILL THEN OSABINLADEN!!! THEY PART UV THE ACESS OF EVILL!!111