Funniest Moment in DB?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Funniest Moment in DB?

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:34 am

Okay, so I thought since a lot of topics have been about reminiscing lately, this would also be a good question. What I was wondering from everyone is: What do you think is the funniest moment or scene in the DB series? It can be from the manga or the anime and can be from DB, DBZ, or GT. It doesn't matter which.

I guess I should name mine first. My favourite scene is the episode in the anime when Goku is at Princess Snake's palace and he encounters that Russian Roulette game. I know it's sick and twisted, but it's just so insane. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it takes place after Goku gets out of the hot spring and says he really has to leave now. When Princess Snake tells her servants to stop him, one of them says before he goes, he should play a really fun game, Russian Roulette. She takes out a handgun and loads it as she explains what you do. This whole time, Goku's got his naive face on as he actually pays close attention to the instructions. :D As the girl puts the gun to her head she tells him it's perfectly safe, the chances of getting the bullet are nil, and then of course she ends up shooting herself and drops dead right there. It's not so much that that makes me laugh as Goku's whole reaction to it. He looks absolutely horrified and basically states the obvious: that it's a really stupid, dangerous game and there's no way he's playing! :lol: It's just such a messed up, wacky scene that's more at home in Dragonball. Of course, it was cut out of the U.S. version, and in this case, I can perfectly understand why. Although apparently in Japan, it seems acceptable, strange. Anyway, that's mine, along with Vegita wearing his pink "Badman" shirt. So now what is everyone else's? :D
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:50 pm

Your post is to long to read for me.
So the funniest moment had to be when Goku gets punch in his groin area.(Trying to keep it clean :wink: )
Or if not when that one Samurai gets Goku PowerPole shove up his Rectum Area.(Still keeping it clean folks :D )
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:11 pm

I liked the part when Goku gets back from wishing Upa's father back, and everyone's proud of him. Then he's suddenly 'Oh! I gotta pee!'' and takes a leak at the side of Urunai Baba's ring.

Or at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai..

Tenshinhan: ''Let me show you something interesting!''
Jackie Chun: ''You've got nudie mags?''
Tenshinhan: ''Why would I have such things?!''

I thought that was funny.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:17 pm

Jakez04 wrote:Your post is to long to read for me.
The American Education System makes me dispair.

Anyway, there are a few, but one that comes to mind recently is (shock) actually from the dub. In the DragonBall episode where Master Thief whatzerface (Heskai?) is trying to get the Dragon Balls, she disguises herself at one point like a fortune teller. Goku and gang go to see her, and she senses that Goku has a pair of balls on him, and asks him to show her.

So, obviously, Goku drops his trousers. Hilarity ensues. Yamcha makes a comment about the fortune teller obviously knowing everything about Goku. And Ooloog, ever the wit, pops up with:

"Not everything. Just the private parts".

I dunno why, but that made me piss myself.

The other thing that makes me laugh isn't a single joke, but I loved Yamcha's terrifying flight from his battle with Goku after Bulma wakes up, and the realisation that this tough, hard-as-nails desert bandit is terrified of women.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:29 pm

Ooh... This one's hard to decide... Out of 508 episodes, 16 movies, 4 TV specials, and 42 manga books, I've got to pick the funniest moment? I don't have a favorite, but here's a couple I liked.

Hmm, I really love the BADMAN thing, especially the following two lines:

V: "You presume to make me, the prince of the Saiya-jin warrior race, wear something like this!?"

B: "Well then, how about going naked!?"

Cracks me up every time. ^_^

Another favorite would be the part where Vegeta and Goku come across those... worms... in Buu's body. Vegeta's expression when he hides behind Goku is priceless, and the Papa worm whacking his son and telling him not to pick on people smaller than him... Hehe...

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:20 pm

I really like some scenes from the earlier episodes of the DB manga. The expression's of the characters really crack me up.

1. Yamcha is walking outside of the window and sees Bulma in the shower - naked. The expression on his face is hilarious - his jaw is on the ground and his eyes are popping out.

2. When Goku discovers Bulma has no "balls".

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:57 pm

In Dragon Ball when Kame-senin is about to his mufaba (demon containment technique) or whatever its called and explains to Piccolo Daimao that he cannot enjoy looking at pictures of naked women with him terrorizing the planet. Interesting part for comic relief.

In Dragon Ball Z, during the Cell Saga, one of the funniest parts for me occurred when Goku surrendered and it cuts to the Dragon Team as to get their reaction. Each of them spout off lines such as, "what?" or "It can't be". Then, when it cuts to Yamucha, he says something like, "Has something like this ever happened before?" It just struck me as funny. Shows how out of the loop and uninvolved his character was by that point in the series. It may have been a bad tranlation, but it wouldn't surprise if it wasn't.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:00 am

Alias wrote:
Another favourite would be the part where Vegeta and Goku come across those...worms..in Buu's body.
I forgot about that scene, it's one of my favourites too! The freaked out look on Vegita's face is definitely hilarious and the way he starts having a panic attack about the worms! Imagine, it turns out that brave, tough Saiyajin Prince Vegita has a phobia about slimy things!! :mrgreen: I love it when he tells Goku if the worm brings his face any closer he'll kill it! :lol: I'd just love to sneak up on Vegita and stick a slug on his shoulder and then watch all hell break loose! :D

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:06 am

Just the thought of Buu digesting the two of them is pretty funny. The fansub I had had Goku saying something like, "Oh no! We're going to be crapped out."

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:50 am

I have to agree with Bulma suggesting Vegeta walk around naked ^o^ I also liked the part during the android saga soon after Bulma's ship was shot down by Dr. Gero when Bulma was yelling at Vegeta because his scary face was making Trunks cry. The facial expressions of Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan were just priceless ^_^ Oh, and who could forget the video shown at the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai entailing Mr. Satan's victory over Cell. It was hilarious both in Japanese and English, and I think the English was even funnier, what with its kung fu movie style stilted speech (ha ha!). The line that cracked me up the most was when the Vegeta character said "I wish I were him" ^_^ Two hilarious moments from GT were when Vegeta was told by Bra that his mustache looked stupid (a classic "shocked spotlight" moment) and when he ripped the steering wheel out of the car of the guys hitting on Bra (I wonder how he'd react to any dates she brought home....scary).
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:15 am

You know what I thought was the funniest moment during that Mr. Satan video? The looks on Piccolo and Vegita's faces, as well as Goku cheerily commenting when it was over that it's amazing how the truth gets really out of hand! :lol: Actually, sailorspazz, you reminded me of another scene that I always find hilarious and that's during the actual real fight with Mr. Satan and Cell, if you can call it that! Mr. Satan starts doing his usual prancing around, bragging, and fancy attack moves at Cell and finally Cell just swats him away like a fly with a reverse knife-hand strike!! :lol: I think that's probably the only time everyone was happy with an action Cell took! :D

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:19 am

Another scene that I've always loved is from when chibi Goku and Kuririn are flying on the Kintoun...

Kuririn: "You mean you really can't tell if someone's a boy or girl?"

Goku: "Oh, I just check."

Kuririn: *silent for a moment* "Just so you know, I'm a boy."

That, and the entire episode of "The Search for a Rock" (excluding the stuff with Kamesennin. Damn pervert. -_-)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:29 am

That was so mean of Kuririn to steal his rock! Of course I love the way everyone got what they deserved in the end, except for Lunch who really didn't deserve to be poisoned. :)

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:13 pm

I can't really think of anything truly hillarious, so here's a quote from Yajirobe:

"I hate heroes. Especcially those who are stupid."

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:43 pm

That, and the entire episode of "The Search for a Rock" (excluding the stuff with Kamesennin. Damn pervert. -_-)[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Kame-sennin was the best source of comic relief on that entire show. Remember when he asks Blue if he can join the Red Ribbon Army when he is about to blow up the Kame House with the whole gang inside it? Or when Kururin proclaims how truly great fighters shave their heads, and sites Kamesennin as an example to which he replys, "No, I'm just bald." I dunno, those examples really don't do the guy justice.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:06 pm

I hate Kamesennin. Without the perverse stuff, he would have been funny. But he's not just a little on the lecherous side, he's a really weird freak. He doesn't even just do that stuff towards adult women, he does it towards those that are still children. Bulma was only 16 when he wanted to see her panties and made all those other attempts to grope, etc... That makes him a really sick weirdo. He, frankly, is my biggest complaint with the series. -_-

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:05 pm

He didn't know that she was 16. (Although the age she looks fluctuates like mad over the first few issues).

She's still legal though. :)

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:00 pm

Bulma didn't look any older than 16, and he did know her age later. Doesn't matter if she's technically 'legal', no normal man chases after girls that young.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:37 pm

But THAT was what made him funny, at least to me. The whole duality of his character was brilliant on Toriyama's part. Here is a guy, who is supposed to, at least to me, respresent years of dicipline in addition to being part of the older order in the world like the stereotypical martial arts master, and here he is with this one insane flaw that morphs his character Lunch-style at the site of a beautiful women. It's like he is supposed to be above everybody else with his knowledge and enlightenment, then you see him have a seisure over a "bouncy" girl. It's just funny and it really relieves tension at certain parts of the series. Especially when the turtle reprimands him and gets embarassed by his behavior. Plus, if he wasn't a pervert, Kuririn never would have been able to "persuade" him that he was a worthy pupil.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:00 pm

Funniest moment: Fat Gotenks start to run (in manga).

1st step taken-Yamcha: "Oh! He's starting to run!"
2ns step taken-Gotenks almost dies.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.