Movie Guide: To Update or Not to Update?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Movie Guide: To Update or Not to Update?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:54 pm

I've been seriously considering altering the "Movie Guide" lately. I find myself using its link constantly to answer questions, which are always met with follow-up questions concerning the PlayDia footage and the old Chinese live-action movie.

Now...

My proposal would be to split up the current listing into three sections (all on the same main page, just as it is now, but with header/titles breaking them apart down the page vertically... you know what I mean):

- Theatrical Movies
- TV Specials
- Other Features

It makes pretty logical sense. Right now we've got the TV Specials slightly separate from the other movies, but only in the sense that they're at the bottom of the page. I'd like to make more of a distinction with them, especially since FUNimation sure doesn't. And I'd certainly love to cross-references throughout the site with linking to PlayDia information and such.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Lunch?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:40 pm

Dividing them up seems logical, considering the amount of people that confuse the specials for movies as it is. Perhaps changing the link on the main page to "Special Features Guide" or something like that would be good too.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:54 pm

Mizugi wrote:Perhaps changing the link on the main page to "Special Features Guide" or something like that would be good too.
I'll be keeping the name of the section the same. It's logical and I don't want to have to change the URL :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:07 pm

I think it's a pretty neat idea. It makes things slightly easier to navigate, in a way, and basically answers every question anyone might have as for into what category the films fall... I'm all for it.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: Movie Guide: To Update or Not to Update?

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:and the old Chinese live-action movie.
Monkey Magic? Please, no...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

GotenZ1
Patreon Supporter

Post by GotenZ1 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:28 am

In my experience, it is always easier when I divide things into more sections. The "Theatrical", "TV Specials" and "Others" are a good choice and they answer about 10 questions for any new DB fan. I vote "yay" in favor of the change.

Michi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michi » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:06 am

I think it's a good idea. Anything that helps confirm anything and help rid confusion is always good in any fandom. x_x;