Bardock vs Vegeta = pwrlvl

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alienman24

Bardock vs Vegeta = pwrlvl

Post by Alienman24 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:37 pm

Ok, I just found this forum, and it looks pretty legit. Its been a while since I posted on a DBZ forum. The last one I frequented was planetnamek.com and that went off line like 2 years ago. Anywho to the point.
I was wondering who you guys think is the better fighter, Bardock or Vegita. Now I know what your going to say, Vegita goes Super Saiyan and rips Bardock a new. I am well aware SSJ Vegeta could kill a non-SSJ Bardock however I want to know if their powerlevels were equal who would win. I think Bardock what do you think?
[color=gray]The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
the strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
and the cleanest cut is the one withheld.[/color]
Visit my ever growing RPG webstite @
www.alienteacher.info

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Jesus Christ...

Power levels + total n00b hypothetical question = something bad

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:42 pm

Those who actually *use* the word "n00b" in a sentence are usually little more than insignificant "newbies" to be ignored, themselves.

According to early DB/DBZ logic, if a "battle power" is the same, the fighters are the same. Going with later logic, it doesn't matter at all. One could catch the other off-guard, or summon this giant ball of energy donated by characters throughout the entire universe.

It just doesn't matter.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:23 pm

If their power levels were equal, the only way one fighter would defeat the other is through some strategy or by chance. Considering Vegeta was still young when Bardock was around, I would say the latter would win from experience. If you mean a clash between Bardock and an adult Vegeta...I don't know.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:42 pm

Those who actually *use* the word "n00b" in a sentence are usually little more than insignificant "newbies" to be ignored, themselves.
Especially with the zeroes.

If I were a betting man, I'd say adult Vegeta would be able clean Bardock's clock at even Saiyan Saga strength. I mean, Bardock was a low-level grunt, and Vegeta's the prince of all Saiyans.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:49 pm

The S wrote:
Especially with the zeroes.

If I were a betting man, I'd say adult Vegeta would be able clean Bardock's clock at even Saiyan Saga strength. I mean, Bardock was a low-level grunt, and Vegeta's the prince of all Saiyans.
If they're the same strength it doesn't matter.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:Those who actually *use* the word "n00b" in a sentence are usually little more than insignificant "newbies" to be ignored, themselves.
Sorry all, didn't mean for it to get that bad... I couldn't help myself, these type of hypothetical questions with no real answer are just annoying to me. But anyways, I do apologise for going below the level expected of a Daizex member. It won't happen again.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Re: Bardock vs Vegeta = pwrlvl

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Alienman24 wrote:Ok, I just found this forum, and it looks pretty legit.
You say its pretty legit eh? Then why the hell are you posting about powerlevels.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:42 pm

*eye-roll*

Way to be welcoming and representative of the forum...
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Bardock vs Vegeta = pwrlvl

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:57 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote: You say its pretty legit eh? Then why the hell are you posting about powerlevels.
Because we're not a judgemental type forum and he can post a question like that if he wants. His grammar is good and he's courteous. So stop complaining and attacking him and acting like all the other forums you guys supposedly are against.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:19 pm

Some of these comments make me think there's some kinda "win moderator status" contest. :D

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:*eye-roll*

Way to be welcoming and representative of the forum...
I love you too EX ^^

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:19 pm

While sarcastic, I'm not trying to be funny. A good portion of your posts end up being some kind of derogatory comment. Stop.

Alienman24

Post by Alienman24 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:16 pm

I hoped this wouldn’t happen but oh well. Its just a simple matter of opinion. Rather than calling me a “n00b” you could have done as others and simply said that if their power levels were equal, they would fight to a stand still. I think that power level is just like strength in the sense that while it can give you an advantage (often a big advantage) its not the be all and end all of a fight.

After watching the Bardock special I think that the few times we do see him fight, he shows good improvisation and technique. For example he manages to use his opponents attacks against them. Vegita rarely shows this kind of strategy. Its kind of like what Buu talks about after absorbing Piccolo. Although he didn’t get much power, he got Piccolo’s ability to strategize. Power level varies a lot through out the series but skill seems to stay about stable. Best fighting technique/strategy to worst might look something like this:

Goku- consistently stated as the most skilled fighter
Piccolo- maintains a wide range of techniques
Tein- also has quite a few techniques one of which stop cell in his tracks
Vegita- his pride comes before his strategy
Krillin- his fear comes before strategy
Gohan- never really shows any independent strategy without someone else helping

Even though each character’s power level might go up and down, some seem more adaptable to fighting skilled opponents. I think it has to do with training and mind set. Gohan gets a lot of training but has a peaceful mindset which hurts his fighting technique. Vegita has even more rigorous training but his pride limits his strategy. Bardock, has likely been fighting on alien planets since he was born. He is clearly a stand out since he actually survives every mission coming back only half dead. This allows his power level to increase but is more a result of his strategy and fighting technique than power level.

That’s what I think anywho, sorry for the length but when I post I want intelligent replies and it seems my initial post didn’t warrant too many. Maybe some will read this and actually respond intelligently. That’s not to say no one did, thank you to those who stood up for me and gave a reasonable response.
[color=gray]The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
the strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
and the cleanest cut is the one withheld.[/color]
Visit my ever growing RPG webstite @
www.alienteacher.info

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:56 pm

I actually agree with you, to a point.

Vegeta is a very powerful fighter, but as we've seen time and time again, he lets his arrogance get in the way of his strategy.

However, that isn't to say that he isn't a good strategist, or that he isn't skilled. Several times in the series, he's shown remarkable, almost brilliant strategies that have often helped save the day.

If their power levels were equal, I'd say Bardock would take it 6-4; more often than not, Vegeta's arrogance would get in the way of any real strategem. However, I'd say that Vegeta could possibly outmaneuver Bardock {he does seem to be a better physical fighter} one in a while.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:49 am

Goku- consistently stated as the most skilled fighter
Piccolo- maintains a wide range of techniques
Tein- also has quite a few techniques one of which stop cell in his tracks
Vegita- his pride comes before his strategy
Krillin- his fear comes before strategy
Gohan- never really shows any independent strategy without someone else helping
You know, this is the most in-depth I have anybody seen going into the exact form of each character. Kudos to you.

And one of my first topics was "Who is stronger, SS2 Ma-jin Vegeta or SS2 Vegeta?" I didn't get "n00b"ed into oblivion.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:58 am

Vegeta only seems to be arrogant when it comes to an opponent he's much greater than (or was, until they inevitably transform, or unless his opponent is an android and he can't sense its power). He's shown time and time again that he's a crafty bastard in and out of combat, only letting his arrogance overcome him when he believes victory is assured.

His conceited nature really only ever costed him when fighting Freeza (though he really didn't have much choice but to fight, anyway), Android 18, and Perefct Cell (whom he actually WOULD have beaten with the Final Flash if he couldn't regenerate).
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:11 am

oponok wrote:Vegeta only seems to be arrogant when it comes to an opponent he's much greater than (or was, until they inevitably transform, or unless his opponent is an android and he can't sense its power). He's shown time and time again that he's a crafty bastard in and out of combat, only letting his arrogance overcome him when he believes victory is assured.

His conceited nature really only ever costed him when fighting Freeza (though he really didn't have much choice but to fight, anyway), Android 18, and Perefct Cell (whom he actually WOULD have beaten with the Final Flash if he couldn't regenerate).
Still, Bardock was a low class warrior while Prince Vegeta was a member of the ruling elite... If they ever fought and were equal, I can still see Vegeta being arrogant due to that fact.