Thoughts on insert songs? Predictions throughout Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Thoughts on insert songs? Predictions throughout Kai?

Post by B » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 am

It seems the general feel around these parts concerning Kai's insert songs is "too many, too often." My opinion on it leans fairly close to that, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy hearing these songs. What are you guys looking forward to for the rest of Kai in this aspect? What will they do with Trunks's opening scene, which is coming up, and Gohan's SSJ2 transformation? What about scenes that originally didn't have inserts? Or the songs from the Kai Song Collection that haven't been used? I think we're at a point to where whether we like it or not, more songs a'comin'. Some of my guesses/predictions/desires:

-Trunks's scene will be score. While I welcome a new song, or even Mind Power Ki, I'd be surprised if they actually did it. Mainly because I'm seeing No. 17 and No. 18 getting their own song for their first appearances, akin to the Ginyu Force. But it's not like Kai's been stingy with these things; they could both get a song. If Trunks's scene does end up as score, though, I pray it's not an already used-and-abused track.
-Gotenks will most assuredly get a theme song. I would bet money on this.
-Bee's death and Buu's emanation of his evil side looks like a strong candidate. However, I've got no idea how they would go about it. Would it just be a sad song with ambiguous lyrics, or would they actually make a Buu and Bee specific piece?
-I would not be against Ultra-Super Dragon Soul playing during the final Genki Dama scene, or even better yet, just the instrumental for it. So long as they use it sparingly up until that point.

I'm also disappointed in how the use of Saiyan Blood played out. That would have been perfect for the "BAD MAN" scene.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Re: Thoughts on insert songs? Predictions throughout Kai?

Post by Vino » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

I hope they will use insert songs only for important moments....and that saiyan blood song was annoying.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 am

Am I being too much of a fangirl if I say that Trunks should get his own character song like Vegeta did? I *know* Kusao Takeshi can sing. XD

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 am

I don't know where it would fit in at all, but I would love to hear the following:
-Goku and Vegeta singing a duet. With Vegeta getting ever-increasingly annoyed at Goku's singing voice. X3
-Gohan singing a Great Saiyaman theme song.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 am

But Saiyaman already has a rap! :P
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Scary... :shock:

Gohan needs to sing something like the Ginew insert song. Something Super Sentai-y.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:39 pm

ThunderPX wrote:But Saiyaman already has a rap! :P
That was actually pretty funny...
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:Scary... :shock:

Gohan needs to sing something like the Ginew insert song. Something Super Sentai-y.
I second that... :shock:

www.KristaMichaels.com

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm

I really fear what they'll be doing for Gohan's SSJ2 transformation, because I have a hard time believing anything could measure up to what Z did. If they put a new song there, it better be one hell of one.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Besides Day of Destiny: Spirit vs. Spirit, the only other option for this scene is total BGM silence.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

O-chan30

Post by O-chan30 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Besides Day of Destiny: Spirit vs. Spirit, the only other option for this scene is total BGM silence.

~Da Lemmy
You know it's kind of funny how DBZ was very conservative on insert songs but in the Namek/Freeza saga alone I think we've had like 5 or 6 songs already. It's not like DBZ was lacking in songs (think of all those freakin' song collections) but Kai seems more pumped to use them. Of course I LOVE insert songs, especially during a big battle or special moment (the final battles in Sailor Moon, R, Stars come to mind and a certain emotional moment at the end of Water Seven in One Piece).

A good indication of how they'll handle Gohan's scene is how they handle Goku's scene. Especially since Freeza got a song for his final transformation.

O-chan

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Here's my predictions:

CHASER!!: I'm really not sure. Maybe during Vegeta and 18's fight? Something during the Artificial Humans, I think.

Win Tough Fight!: Trunks? I don't know. He's not fighting a tough fight. It could replace where Battle Point Unlimited was.

Energy of Invincible Aura: I think during Gohan's first Super Saiyan transformation.

CURE ~ I'll Be Here ~: When Dende comes back.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 am

I think that Saiyan blood will play when Vegeta is fighting 18

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 am

Regarding the DragonBall Kai Song Collection, does anyone know if "CURE ~ I'll Be Here ~" track 6 in the cd was going to be used in the series? It's such a nice song.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:Regarding the DragonBall Kai Song Collection, does anyone know if "CURE ~ I'll Be Here ~" track 6 in the cd was going to be used in the series? It's such a nice song.
I don't think so? The only scene we now have left before Dende leaves for a long time is when he's saying his goodbye's to Gohan.
Which means we could get "CURE ~ I'll Be Here ~" as an insert song in next week's episode.