100% Full Power Freeza stronger than Super Saiyan Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Duo
I Live Here

100% Full Power Freeza stronger than Super Saiyan Goku?

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:35 pm

I read the Manga, and when Freeza first hits 100% and attacks Goku, he beats him around without any solid resistence. This leads me to believe that if he hadn't been so injured from the Genki Dama and lost his Full Power, that he would be stronger than Super Saiyan Goku.

Thoughts?

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:44 pm

Once Goku turned SSJ he just began to play around with Frieza. Also, Frieza got his shit beat by Piccolo but when transformed, he was at full power once again.. or healed... O_o

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Also, note that Freeza kicked the living shit out of non-SSJ Goku, who OVER-exerted himself with multiple kaiokens. I'd say SSJ is more powerful.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:47 pm

In Budokai 3, 100% form has more power, but know I think it's a sort of Kaioken for Freeza. Straining his body.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:41 pm

It was stated that Freeza's power started to drop after he reached his full 100%(which is why Goku stopped fighting him). So I would conclude that he was even with Goku at the moment he reached 100% and had the power to defeat him aswell.

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:43 pm

The only thing for sure is that Frieza at full power had a power level of 12,000,000; while SSJ1 Goku had a power level of 15,000,000. Had he not been hit by the Genki Dama, he may have been more powerful; but seeing how easily Trunks manhandled him, I'd not think so.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:46 pm

In Budokai 3 I think Unlock Potential on Krillin is more powerful, percent-wise, than Omega Shenron (despite the fact Shenron hits like a ton of bricks...dumping all skill into Attack and Arts anyone???) so I think we can discount Budokai 3 for any real meaningful info re: power (although the fact different characters do different "base" damage is nice)

IF you bring "Official" Power-Levels in (I know I know :( ) then SSJ is stronger than 100% Freeza.

The Beating around can be explained many ways including the fact that his power rose so dramatically that it just took time for Goku to adapt to it.

The fact which may be addressed here is an issue of stamina, or keeping your power level at it's peak, which it seems either Freeza was unable to do or Goku simply toyed with him before unleashing his full power.

Akin to running a long distance race, you may be able to keep up for a while, like Freeza did, but eventually the guy who can keep his speed/power up for longest will win.

It ain't all about Power Levels, as was displayed initially in the Goku/Cell fight.
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Yeah, the power levels aren't necessarily accurate, but they are "official", and they do seem about right, IMO.

It's possible that Goku was beginning to feel some strain on his body due to being an SSJ, and after Freeza hit 100%, that he was momentarily less tired and stronger than Goku, but he quickly began being very strained, or something. He gained a momentary burst of strength and speed above Goku's, but this placed a huge strain on him and made him tired quicky.

That'd be my best guess; but I can't say for sure.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:36 pm

SSJ Goku = 15,000,000

100% Freeza = 12,000,000

Those Daiz PL's are bullcrap, Akira Toriyama never wrote those at all.

100% Freeza was, at LEAST as strong as SS Goku, and was stronger at first, but his power drained very quickly and soon they were equal, then Goku was stronger.

Its called a Progression.

Tjalian

Post by Tjalian » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:59 pm

Looking at it all, I would say That 100% Freeza is more powerful then SSJ Goku, face it, The only reason why Freeza lost is because he got cut in half by his own attack, Goku did nothing really in the equation. He Finished off a not even whole Frieza. Yeah, REALLY strong ¬_¬.

Of course, Goku just turned SSJ, so after a while he would be stronger then Freeza, however, at first, Goku got a lucky break.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Goku mentioned the Freeza would not be able to maintain a high level of power because he was hit by the Genki Dama, and this was before Freeza powered up to 100%.

The guy had it all planned out. He was because Freeza's power kept draining out of him, thanks to the Genki Dama.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:20 pm

Tjalian wrote:Looking at it all, I would say That 100% Freeza is more powerful then SSJ Goku, face it, The only reason why Freeza lost is because he got cut in half by his own attack, Goku did nothing really in the equation. He Finished off a not even whole Freeza. Yeah, REALLY strong ¬_¬.

Of course, Goku just turned SSJ, so after a while he would be stronger then Freeza, however, at first, Goku got a lucky break.
Is that why Goku was beating the hell out of him for about 3 eps straight after Freeza had his initial fling, and even decided the fight was pointless fighting due to Freeza not being able to keep up his power level?

I really wish I had the DVDs of these eps, it's really annoying not having what the characters actually say to guide you. ANyone know what Goku actually said during the whole "It's done...." speech he gave to Freeza?
Last edited by Boomer2k4 on Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:26 pm

I'm not talking about the Anime, I am speaking of the original Dragonball Z, the MANGA.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:30 pm

Duo wrote:I'm not talking about the Anime, I am speaking of the original Dragonball Z, the MANGA.
Well in that case I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject as I have absolutely no knowledge of the manga, outside of the baseline.

I know more about the Slayers Manga than DBZ and I've been watching DBZ MUCH longer, it's just that most DBZ conversation takes place around the Anime.

Just gonna have to take your word for it, but in my opinion if you're talking max power level then Freeza may indeed have the edge but stamina-wise Goku takes it
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:37 pm

You are quite perceptive, and I appreciate it.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:41 pm

*blushes*

I'm actually quite interested in where everyone has seen the manga as I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it at some point? (money permitting of course)
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:43 pm

I currently own 5 Volumes, including the entire SS Goku vs. Freeza.

You can purchase them at Barnes N Noble for $7.95

If you live outside of the U.S. I don't know how you can get your hands on them short of Internet Order.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:53 pm

oops

*checks Mastercard*

*Finds out that it would be best letting it cool down after Christmas*

Well I'll wait for a little. Really got to prioritse what DVD/Mangas I want.
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:17 pm

Manga's online can be found at www.shonenjump.com

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:44 pm

Duo wrote:I'm not talking about the Anime, I am speaking of the original Dragonball Z, the MANGA.
Of course, there being no original DragonBall Z manga... ^_~.

I hate to be using my moderation powers so much lately, but this seems to be another thread that has runs its course, is slightly getting off-topic, and runs the risk of getting slightly obnoxious. Thanks for understanding :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::