Dragonball... "Sucks" ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Heritic » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:16 pm

I like Dragonball and Naruto equally, I don't know why anyone has to choose one over the other. Although Dragonball will always have that little special place because it was my first anime that I ever watched.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:10 am

I think the term "Narutard" itself is absurd. Anyone who uses it should really stop for a moment and remember, unless they're in 3rd grade, making fun of a person or persons by playing with the name is no longer cool.

Such demeaning titles are best left in grade school....or Ben Stiller movies....or movies with Ben Stiller having a cameo role.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:12 am

In response to what Julian said about how the "Narutard" term is used. I have seen it used to describe anyone who likes Naruto in some places. I'm just so fed up with any of this "whatever series we deem not good enough makes you an ignorant idiot" snobbish crap with the fan community here. Which is ironic considering it seems the series everyone is raving about is just the most recent series out at the time, regardless of whether it's good or not. And in the last at least year and a half, most series just haven't been that good.

I agree that people love to hate DB simply because for a short time it brought anime into the mainstream. And how dare a series do that. How dare their "exclusive" little world be brought out for everyone to enjoy.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."