Last Episode of Dragon Ball GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rockman

Last Episode of Dragon Ball GT

Post by Rockman » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:39 pm

Does anyone know how long the last episode is? I have read that it is a "TV Special". Does this mean it is like a Dragon Ball movie?

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:03 pm

The last episode is #64, and is the same length (excluding credits) as any other episode. After that, however, was a GT TV special about Goku Jr., Goku's descendant.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:35 pm

Yeah, the last episode is a normal length episode. It DOES have a scene from "100 Years Later" with Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. fighting at a Budokai. The only real difference about this episode is that it doesn't have a traditional ending theme... there's the montage of scenes from all three series done to "DAN DAN," and that's it.

But yeah, the TV special is totally separate, and is about 45 min. (like the 2 DBZ TV specials).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:31 pm

GT....

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:03 pm

johnnyboy wrote:GT....
Yes... and...? o_O
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:11 am

I think what he wants to say is....

STEP INTO DA GRAND TOUR!!!!

*Ahem* Now that that's out of the way, I'm looking forward to seeing the final episode next week on the International Channel....too bad for some other people in my area, as this week is when IC is switching to digital cable only (don't know if this is happening in other areas, too). It would really suck to watch the whole series and then tune in for the final episode and find....Spanish programming (Telemundo is moving into that channel....strange, since that will make 2 Spanish channels in a row with Univision on the preceding channel).
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:46 pm

In my opinion, the final episode (which I just saw earlier this week, nyo) was pretty good, but still didn't live up to what I thought the end of a beloved saga would be like. I mean, Goku was leaving forever (well, obviously not forever, since he came back 100 years later, but you know what I mean), and he didn't even tell his wife how much he loved her? @_@ I could see when he teleported Cell off of the planet, but Chi-Chi was standing right frickin' there!

Oh, and "Step Into The Grand Tour" is THE lamest T.V. theme ever. "Rock The Dragon" was better. The theme to that damn Sponge Bob is better o_O
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:30 pm

Eek! I'm editing you back to black text... no color, please...

*wipes eyes*

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:27 pm

The S wrote:Oh, and "Step Into The Grand Tour" is THE lamest T.V. theme ever. "Rock The Dragon" was better. The theme to that damn Sponge Bob is better o_O
I'm afraid I must disagree...as much as I loathe the shitty 1991 style GT rap, 'Rock the Dragon' is the only song that has made me want to drive a knitting needle into my ear-drum since the Back Street Boys.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:55 pm

The S wrote:I mean, Goku was leaving forever (well, obviously not forever, since he came back 100 years later, but you know what I mean), and he didn't even tell his wife how much he loved her? @_@ I could see when he teleported Cell off of the planet, but Chi-Chi was standing right frickin' there!
Y'know, thinking about it, did Goku actually love Chi Chi? Or did he just stay married to her because, well, there was no reason not to?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:14 pm

Goku didn't really love Chichi, I think. Well, there must of been something... Goku's the most stupid, innocent guy on earth, or at least that's what you might think. I'm trying to picture (in non perverted ways) how the "birth of Gohan" must have happened. It's really crazy... But I have the same trouble imagining Bulma and Vegeta.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:33 pm

He definitely cared about Chi-Chi. At least by the Cell Games he knew what intimacy was as evidenced in the scene at Kame House where he kisses Chi-Chi before going to reunite with everyone. But you have to remember that Toriyama found dealing with the area of romance uncomfortable, so it was really pushed to the back. Plus the fact that DBZ is a shonen series. But I'm quite certain when it came to Buruma's and Vegita's relationship, it was quite a passionate affair.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:49 pm

Yup. In fact, I'd say it probably started out as just passion, and went on from there. Either that, or Vegeta just wanted to beat Goku at one thing, and if it wasn't fighting, then it was going to be hotness of wife, damnit.

The first episode of GT was on just now, and I burst out laughing when Dende said "you have to leave already" after Goku mentions that he has to go home. And Goku's follow up line:

"I have to be heading home. It's been so many years. Chi Chi's going to be mad."

...is also brilliant. And possibly the understatement of the decade.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:55 pm

Hey look at it this way, Chi-Chi can always pretend it's for a more valid reason, like he's off fighting a war. :wink:
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:56 pm

I'm pretty sure Goku just doesn't want to be put in the box.

Dammit, now I have to go read DBZ Rewrite again. Stupid Some Random Guy and his godlike level of humour.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:46 am

Eek! I'm editing you back to black text... no color, please...
You want me to conform? COMMUNIST!!!!

(runs off in histerics)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:21 am

Dammit, now I have to go read DBZ Rewrite again. Stupid Some Random Guy and his godlike level of humour.
He's still up on the net??? :D
What's the link????
Last edited by Dayspring on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:30 am

Yeah I'd like to know that too!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:21 pm

Web archives, guys. Again. Sorry if I worded it in such a way that you thought he wasn't dead.

So, either http://web.archive.org or see what you can find by him on http://www.seanbaby.com .

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Thanks Zacko! 8)