Expensive items? The best piece of Dragonball Z

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Expensive items? The best piece of Dragonball Z

Post by spikemcruffy » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:14 pm

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Re: Expensive items? The best piece of Dragonball Z

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:54 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:I have two questions that I'm sure many of you will have an opinion on.
1 :
What is the rarest item of Dragonball? Could it be the dragonboxs? Or maybe certain cels of the series?
2 :
Roughly how much would all the daizenshuus of dragonball be?

I hope that this will not become a blocked topic because this is the only place that I could find my anwser.
I'm not rich I just want to be rich!
1. I'm not sure... The DragonBoxes are all currently availible, so you can buy them online quite easily, all you need is the $800 or so each costs. If I had to make I guess, I'd think that the rarest would be the Super Battle Collection 3-Pack that came out with Movie 7 in Japan.

2. Daizenshuu books go for about $40 for the first seven, I've seen the three supplemental volumes for quite cheap. ($12-$25). And shippingis a royal bitch if you get the hardcover books from Japan, believe me I know.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:39 am

Yeah, the Daizenshuus are a bitch to find these days.

Michi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michi » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:11 pm

Rarest items are cels, because they are one-of-a-kind and can be VERY expensive.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:29 pm

SonGokuGT wrote: 1. I'm not sure... The DragonBoxes are all currently availible, so you can buy them online quite easily, all you need is the $800 or so each costs. If I had to make I guess, I'd think that the rarest would be the Super Battle Collection 3-Pack that came out with Movie 7 in Japan.
Oh *really*? Show me a place that stocks all the Dragon Boxes for $800 a piece, so I can buy them, turn around and make a profit ;p

-Corey
Is glad he got the boxes when he did

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:58 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:What is the rarest item of Dragonball? Could it be the dragonboxs? Or maybe certain cels of the series?
Toy-wise, the Ultimate Evolution Saiyan Series 1 (Goku and Vegeta) are impossible to find anywhere but eBay. About a month after they were released, the Vegetas sold very quickly and the Gokus soon followed. If you do find them on eBay, they'll be at very, VERY high prices.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:43 pm

Detective X wrote:Toy-wise, the Ultimate Evolution Saiyan Series 1 (Goku and Vegeta) are impossible to find anywhere but eBay. About a month after they were released, the Vegetas sold very quickly and the Gokus soon followed. If you do find them on eBay, they'll be at very, VERY high prices.
Yeah, I saw those on eBay no too long ago, a full set for $250... But anyways, isn't the price of DragonBoxes [when converted] about $800?

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:23 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:Yeah, I saw those on eBay no too long ago, a full set for $250... But anyways, isn't the price of DragonBoxes [when converted] about $800?
Yep...when they were available as pre-order only, with a discount through Amazon of Japan...

You're about 2 years late for the Z boxes, and 1 year late for the DB one. Those go, used, for $1000+ now. They're not made anymore either, so that's the only way to get them if you missed out...boy I'm glad I pre-ordered...

-Corey
Waiting for the movie box