DragonBall Z Kai - Cable TV Version (NickToons)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Re: Tanooki's DragonBall Z Kai TV Version Edits! *UPDATED EP. 4*

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:42 am

Thank God they didn't use the green arm joke...!!
Than God (again) it's not Home For Infinite Losers...!!
Piccolo is so awesome! He can stick his chin outside the TV :shock: !!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat May 29, 2010 10:14 am

The Time Traveller wrote:You've put you're instead of your here.
Hmm, I did. OK, fixed.
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Piccolo is so awesome! He can stick his chin outside the TV !!
Ha ha, yea, I usually cut the screen shot so that the word bubbles are the main focus and there isn't all this "dead space". I don't know what made me have his chin sticking out of the frame, just thought it looked good like that. I figured no on would notice. :lol:

Also, after going through a few fonts, I finally come to the conclusion that I'm gonna use good old Comic Sans. It's a classic.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Thank God they didn't use the green arm joke...!!
I think he read it with a similar infliction on the words so it sounded really weird...

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kai (TV Version Edits): Episode 5 "Wilderness Survival! A Moonlit Night Awakens Gohan!"

We have an edit even before the episode starts. Check this out, another sloppy editing error...

The first real edit comes about 6 minutes into the episode. This is another edit I really don't understand. Mr. Popo asks Kami well, if he dies what happens to the DragonBalls ? Kami replies...

A few moments later we see Goku running on Snake Way. He starts leaping thinking it would be faster to jump then run but, one jump goes wrong and he starts to fall to Hell. He eventually gets back on the road and says...

Now, I know this next scene seems like it's in the same part of the episode as the one above, but it doesn't, even though it takes place on Snake Way. There were some scenes that happened in between this edit and the last. This just happens to be the next edit and it just happens to be on Snake Way.

Goku is complaining about how hungry he is, but before he does he belts out...

Back at Kame House, Bulma finally fixed Raditz's scouter so they could understand the language. Bulma, originally wakes Krillin and Master Roshi up by shooting them with a machine gun. In the TV version however, she ... punches them? It's an odd edit because you don't hear any punching sound effects where the machine gun sounds where. But the machine gun is edited out and Bulma's hand is changed so that she's making a fist...

They then get a visit from Yajirobe. He basically tells them Kami wants all of Goku's friends to report to Kami for some "special training". He also mentions that Baba will be coming by...

Eventually Chi-Chi and Ox King arrive on Roshi's Island. Roshi tells them what happened to Goku and Gohan. Everything stays the same in both versions except for...

Sometime after, Gohan transforms. Piccolo eventually realizes he has to blow up the Moon! After he does Gohan goes back to normal. Piccolo talks over a sleeping Gohan. Most of the dialogue he says stays the same but, one part was different...

And, that's it for episode 5! :D
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
The first real edit comes about 6 minutes into the episode. This is another edit I really don't understand. Mr. Popo asks Kami well, if he dies what happens to the DragonBalls ? Kami replies...

Remember kids, wishes aren't real. :)
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Also, after going through a few fonts, I finally come to the conclusion that I'm gonna use good old Comic Sans. It's a classic.
You know that millions of design buffs across the internet just repressed an instinctive bout of acid reflux the moment you typed that, right? They can just feel it.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: Tanooki's DragonBall Z Kai TV Version Edits! *UPDATED EP. 5*

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat May 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Haha, yea, I know. But I actually tried a ton of them from different programs and the one I really liked the best was Comic Sans. I know it's a default font but... I think it works.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sat May 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Also, after going through a few fonts, I finally come to the conclusion that I'm gonna use good old Comic Sans. It's a classic.
Ha ha oh man good one...wait that was sarcasm right? P-please don't. I'd rather decode wingding symbols.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat May 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kai (TV Version Edits): Episode 6 "The End Of Snake Way! King Kai's Bizarre Test!"

The first edit in this episode happens to be the biggest cut in the series so far. About 32 seconds where cut from the scene where Gohan chops off the end of the dinosaurs tail. I guess I can kinda understand why it was cut... ? ::shrugs:: Basiclly when Gohan leads the dinosaur into a wall, they just add a shot of him from a few seconds later of him laying in the rubble, then they cut to Piccolo. Here is how it went in the two versions...

A few scenes later we see a cocky Yamcha. If he only knew what was going to happen...

Meanwhile Goku finally makes it to King Kai's place. Once on it, he realizes this little planet has a lot of gravity...

Later, King Kai tells Goku to jump as high as he can. King Kai is impressed, but Goku feels like the gravity is holding him back...

Then we get to a part where they edited out the letters on the well... wait, what?!

Eventually, King Kai tells Goku that he has to catch his monky. This is where the episode ends. Originally the last shot is a freeze frame of Goku and Bubbles with, what looks like a sepia-tone, but in the TV version it's just the regular colors...

And, that's it!
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Tanooki's DragonBall Z Kai TV Version Edits! *UPDATED EP. 3*

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat May 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Image
Imagine that in 3-D :lol:
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Sat May 29, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Should be more entertaining than Jaws 3-D! :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Tanooki's DragonBall Z Kai TV Version Edits! *UPDATED EP. 6*

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh god, they've edited out guns. They're no better than 4kids. :P

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Oh god, they've edited out guns. They're no better than 4kids. :P
Well, it is airing on CW4Kids as well, so they're probably trying to adhere to their standards too.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat May 29, 2010 11:23 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Oh god, they've edited out guns. They're no better than 4kids. :P
Well, it is airing on CW4Kids as well, so they're probably trying to adhere to their standards too.
But that scene had only comical gun violence. Bulma didn't have the intention of actually killing Krillin and Muten Roushi, unlike that scene in Yu-Gi-Oh! where Pegasus' goons were pointing their guns at Kaiba.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
But that scene had only comical gun violence. Bulma didn't have the intention of actually killing Krillin and Muten Roushi, unlike that scene in Yu-Gi-Oh! where Pegasus' goons were pointing their guns at Kaiba.
Well we are talking about 4Kids, a company that changes rice balls into salami sandwiches. :P
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Farmer's gun was kept in.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Big Momma wrote:Farmer's gun was kept in.
True, but that would've been extremely hard to edit out.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Sun May 30, 2010 12:17 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Farmer's gun was kept in.
True, but that would've been extremely hard to edit out.
Farmer with squirt gun.

Honestly, I think 4kids will want to do something about his shotgun. Maybe they'll resist the urge.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:41 am

I'm sure they'll leave it, considering that firing it backfires on him (quite literally), and they will probably take that as a lesson for the kiddies to not shoot guns. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 30, 2010 1:17 am

Yeesh! The letters on the well. Why?! What sense does that make?

And cutting off the dinosaur's tail? Even Saban kept that intact!

Ridiculous, puritanical weirdos...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3