Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Post by KakaR0T » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 am

In this thread we will discuss who would win in a fight and who is stronger (the two questions are not necessarily asking the same thing as you may well know) but we will have a Dragonball character versus a Non-Dragonball character.

You can create your own interesting matches and everyone can discuss who they think would win and who is stronger.

To start things off I have a few up for discussion:

Who would in a fight/Who is stronger between:
A. Piccolo vs. The Incredible Hulk
B. Popeye (after eating a can of spinach) vs. Krillin
C. Goku vs. Superman

For B, if you think Krillin will win, then how many cans of spinach do you think Popeye would need to eat in order to win? (if such an amount exists)
For C, if you think Goku will win then do you think he would need to transform in order to win the fight and iof so what level of super saiyan do you think he would need?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 am

A.Piccolo
B.Krillin, Popeye would never win and no amount of spinach could make him win
C.Goku no need to transform

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 am

I have a feeling this thread will be incredibly biased...

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:05 am

There won't be many fair contests when a lot of the DB characters can destroy planets with ease.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 am

Zephyr wrote:There won't be many fair contests when a lot of the DB characters can destroy planets with ease.
Good point.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:38 am

Well, Goku is stronger then the average man, so it is safe to assume that a Super [Saiyan] Goku is stronger then the average Superman.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:23 am

KakaR0T wrote:A. Piccolo vs. The Incredible Hulk
I don't think I know enough about the Hulk to have an opinion here.
No one can beat Popeye when he's eaten spinach. Seriously though, this is like matching Krillin against Bugs Bunny.
C. Goku vs. Superman
This one's always asking for trouble. It completely depends on which version of Superman you're talking about, though. I mean...

ImageImageImageImageImage

...Yeaah...
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

angelus0901
Beyond Newbie

Post by angelus0901 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 am

Goku vs Superman! And look what I've found!!

What the Helheim?!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 am

KakaR0T wrote:
Who would in a fight/Who is stronger between:
A. Piccolo vs. The Incredible Hulk
C. Goku vs. Superman
A. Piccolo. Piccolo is much faster than the Hulk and he can shoot energy beams and fly. Therefore, even if the Hulk was about as strong as Piccolo or stronger (muscle wise), he wouldn`t stand a chance because Piccolo would only have to evade him and hit him with energy beams.

B. Popeye is pretty much a gag character. They always win :lol:

C. Depends on which Superman you are talking about. Goku is more powerful than some versions and weaker than others.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 am

KakaR0T wrote: A. Piccolo vs. The Incredible Hulk
Piccolo. One Makankōsappō and Hulk's a goner.
KakaR0T wrote: B. Popeye (after eating a can of spinach) vs. Krillin
Krillin. No contest.
KakaR0T wrote: C. Goku vs. Superman
Superman, actually. As Bussani posted before me, Superman has done some extraordinary stuff that I don't think Goku would be able to pull of. If Goku gets a hold of some Kryptonite, however........

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am

Piccolo vs the Hulk would not be as one-sided as people seem to think.

"The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of core solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-splitting impacts. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods (yet still eventually needing to breathe), and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds." - The Wiki

There was once that the Hulk had been disemboweled and was holding his guts in - he healed so fast the skin grew up over his hand.

Plus, the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets; all his powers, including regeneration amp up as his rage increases.

Piccolo could win if he hits as hard as he can, as fast as he can.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 am

A.Piccolo. The Hulk is listed as having class 100 strength in the Marvel Universe (If I am not mistaken) and Piccolo is way beyond that. I mean, Piccolo picked up a pyramid with his MIND. Could the Hulk even lift something like that? Even if he could, Piccolo outclasses the Hulk in speed making this fight no contest. (As well as being able to shoot projectiles, fly, etc) One special beam cannon later and you would have one dead Hulk.

B.Krillin. No explanation is needed... Unless Popeye suddenly shocks the world and suddenly goes Super Saiyan proving to all that HE was the legendary Super Saiyan the legends spoke of. I mean, who the fuck knows what the hell is in that spinach? That shit aint Green Giant, I can tell you that.

C.Goku VS Superman? I started a thread about this on Gamefaqs not too long ago. Superman took far more votes than Goku did and if you take the strongest incarnation of Superman, Goku doesn’t stand much of a chance. Even at SSJ4. You have to realize that the people who created Superman basically created the perfect super hero. They made Superman so “Super” that I honestly think his character is a joke. He might as well be God. No one ever wins against Superman in these contests as they created him with no limits whatsoever. I even read once that a single sneeze from Superman wiped out an entire galaxy or universe. How messed up is that? Supes could probably beat Goku with a cold because all he would have to do is basically cough a few times and the Earth would be destroyed. You can’t beat the ultimate cheater that is Superman. None of the Z fighters would probably know what the hell Kryptonite is either.
-Questrider

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am

I have to ask, why do people always say that Goku vs. Superman "depends on which Superman"? Seriously, you can't go into any Goku vs. Superman topic (besides on a comics board, I guess) without hearing that. Wouldn't it be common sense to just assume it's the canon Superman we're talking about? I mean, would the idea of GT Goku or Toei Goku being used for this debate cross anyone's minds? I doubt it...

But anyway, Piccolo kills the Hulk. On average, Hulk doesn't display any strength that puts him above Piccolo, who, like most DB characters, is capable of tanking attacks that would otherwise instantly destroy planets. Even World Breaker Hulk was being so hyped-up because...he was breaking the world. Freeza was blowing them up with relative ease back in his 1st form.

Krillin. Yeah.

Goku. Superman's top-tier, out-of-battle, and often OOC feats aren't consistent or reliable in the slightest sense of the word, and 99% of them are accomplished outside of his fights. Goku's powers are much more consistent. Superman is still far stronger than Goku, but if they were to actually fight one another? Forgive the equation, but this is the easiest way I've found to convey their strengths:

High-end Superman >> High-end Goku, and Average Goku > Average Superman.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am

Savage68 wrote:I have to ask, why do people always say that Goku vs. Superman "depends on which Superman"? Seriously, you can't go into any Goku vs. Superman topic (besides on a comics board, I guess) without hearing that. Wouldn't it be common sense to just assume it's the canon Superman we're talking about? I mean, would the idea of GT Goku or Toei Goku being used for this debate cross anyone's minds? I doubt it...
Because there is no "canon" Superman.

What you have is simply a super hero that has existed for over 60 years with dozens of authors which altered the power of his abilities to suit the plot.

Unless we are talking about a different superman from some other reality which appeared once or twice in the comics, all the different incarnations of Superman are the "canon" Superman (the same character).

And since his powers are greatly different depending on the year we are talking about, it becomes necessary to be specific.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 am

Questrider wrote:One special beam cannon later and you would have one dead Hulk.
The Hulk has regeneration.
On average, Hulk doesn't display any strength that puts him above Piccolo, who, like most DB characters, is capable of tanking attacks that would otherwise instantly destroy planets.
Hulk has tanked planet-destroying attacks too.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:30 am

rereboy wrote:Because there is no "canon" Superman.
...What? How is there no canon Superman? If there is no "canon" Superman, then there is no "non-canon" Superman to distinguish him from. I don't know about you, but the Superman I see in Blackest Night, World of New Krypton and War of the Supermen is canon. The Superman I read in Red Son, Secret Identity and Crisis on Infinite Earths is not. There has always been a distinction made between "canonicity", and it affects every character of the DCU. It has for decades.
Rocketman wrote:Hulk has tanked planet-destroying attacks too.
I know. He's also regenerated from dust and has lifted 150 billion tons. Piccolos still wins, because his power remains consistent, and again, he can tank attacks from beings thousands of times more powerful than planet-busters. Hulk can survive a planet blowing up around him as often as Superman can. Which is to say, once in a blue moon.

hui43210
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hui43210 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 am

Power levels according to me:

Hulk: 50

Popeye: 10

Superman: 100

So as you can see, Mr. Satan could beat any of these foes, let alone Goku.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 am

hui43210 wrote:power levels according to me

hulk 50

popeye 10

superman 100

so as you can see, mr satan could beat any of these foes let alone goku.
Oh well I'm so glad you wrote up that handy chart. Everyone can go home now.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

How much exactly Mr.Satan's power level?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am

1. I agree with Rocketman. Piccolo would have to hit as hard as he can early in the match to win. But I don't see Piccolo starting off with his strongest attack.
2. It's impossible to beat classic cartoon characters like Popeye.
3. I don't know enough about Superman.