Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:04 am

Again, though, the Daizenshuu might not actually use "somewhat" for only small gaps. There should be a big difference between Buff Boo and Fat Boo, but the Daizenshuu say that Buff Boo was "somewhat" weakened by absorbing Dai Kaioshin.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:12 am

Saiga wrote:Again, though, the Daizenshuu might not actually use "somewhat" for only small gaps. There should be a big difference between Buff Boo and Fat Boo, but the Daizenshuu say that Buff Boo was "somewhat" weakened by absorbing Dai Kaioshin.
Well, you know my theory on that one. But "somewhat" literally means "in a small amount" or "in a moderate amount" depending on the definition. Aren't these the only two times it actually uses "somewhat"?
Well that one doesn't work with Gohan's statement. Unless Cold is suppressed too. :shock:
A viable possibility. Freeza can control his battle power, and wasn't at full strength when approaching Earth. Why can't the same apply for Cold?

But, then again, I don't recall it ever being stated that Cold is EQUAL to Freeza's suppressed level. I mean, they're grouped together, but no one explicitly says they're around the same size. And the anime says Cold's ki is larger... so I guess you could go with that to get suppressed Mecha Freeza < King Cold < Freeza < Mecha Freeza

Ooooor go with the Dragon Book statement that says Cold can transform.

I don't like that, though. You can also assume that a jump from, say, 90 million to 120 million (with Cold being 100 million) would be considered "much, much stronger" to Gohan.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Saiga wrote:Again, though, the Daizenshuu might not actually use "somewhat" for only small gaps. There should be a big difference between Buff Boo and Fat Boo, but the Daizenshuu say that Buff Boo was "somewhat" weakened by absorbing Dai Kaioshin.
Well, you know my theory on that one. But "somewhat" literally means "in a small amount" or "in a moderate amount" depending on the definition. Aren't these the only two times it actually uses "somewhat"?
I think it also says that when comparing the future Androids and present Androids. So I guess that does support the Daizenshuu using the term correctly, unless you think that there's a big gap between both sets of Androids (which there very well may be, if the future ones fought Trunks at full power).
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 am

Saiga wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
I think it also says that when comparing the future Androids and present Androids. So I guess that does support the Daizenshuu using the term correctly, unless you think that there's a big gap between both sets of Androids (which there very well may be, if the future ones fought Trunks at full power).
Well, before seeing the power of the present androids, Trunks said:

Chapter: 351 (DBZ 157), P7.1
Trunks: “We absolutely can’t win unless we have Goku’s help and everyone fights together!”

A full four chapters later, he says:

Chapter: 355 (DBZ 161), P8.5
Trunks: “They’re also somewhat different from the androids I know…They weren’t as outrageously strong as this…Even I could fight them fairly well…”

So, to Trunks, even the future androids were stronger than Vegeta or Goku individually, hence why they needed to outnumber the androids two to one (Vegeta, Goku, Trunks and Piccolo vs 17 and 18) to win. Considering that 18 wasn't THAT much stronger than Vegeta, even in the present timeline, this would go along nicely with them only being "somewhat" weaker in the future.

The use of "somewhat" for Cold's bio also doesn't contradict anything, and fits the implications from the series that he's relevant in a team-up against SS Goku.

The use of "somewhat" for the drop from Buff to Fat Buu is the only questionable one, but only if you don't use the same theory I do. In fact, I find myself using that quote to support it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am

Kakashi wrote:Not to mention it's illogical when GT Base Goku can stomp SSjin Vegetto
This is also opinion-based. We don't have any indication of such thing in GT, we only have GT base Goku >= SS3 Z Goku, which is questionable.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:Not to mention it's illogical when GT Base Goku can stomp SSjin Vegetto
This is also opinion-based. We don't have any indication of such thing in GT, we only have GT base Goku >= SS3 Z Goku, which is questionable.
GT Base Goku > Anime Pure Boo > SSjin Vegetto

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Kakashi wrote:Anime Pure Boo > SSjin Vegetto
What?!? What gave you this idea?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Pure Boo is far stronger than Gohan-Boo in the Anime and SSjin Vegetto struggled against Gohan-Boo's dimension scream which I believe was some of Pure Boo's has power

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Slug power level

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Kakashi wrote:Slug power level
Slug-
--Old- 28,000,000
--Young- 56,000,000
--Giant- 140,000,000

That's a minimum. I believe he was being compared to 50-70% Freeza when Kaio said he was stronger than Freeza, but I can see Slug being as high as over 200 million.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Pure Boo is far stronger than Gohan-Boo in the Anime and SSjin Vegetto struggled against Gohan-Boo's dimension scream which I believe was some of Pure Boo's has power
So, you're saying that SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Vegetto. Okay.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Two statements say Pure Buu is stronger than Buuhan. Over a dozen, most left over from the manga, say that he isn't.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Two statements say Pure Buu is stronger than Buuhan. Over a dozen, most left over from the manga, say that he isn't.
Exactly. And even if he is, I'm still not seeing how that makes Pure Buu stronger than Vegetto. You know, the guy that Goku turned down becoming in order to fight Pure Buu.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Two statements say Pure Buu is stronger than Buuhan. Over a dozen, most left over from the manga, say that he isn't.
Exactly. And even if he is, I'm still not seeing how that makes Pure Buu stronger than Vegetto. You know, the guy that Goku turned down becoming in order to fight Pure Buu.
The justification for that is probably "Vegetto still has SS2 and SS3".
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Slug-
--Old- 28,000,000
--Young- 56,000,000
--Giant- 140,000,000

That's a minimum. I believe he was being compared to 50-70% Freeza when Kaio said he was stronger than Freeza, but I can see Slug being as high as over 200 million.
The highest power shown at that time was 3rd form Frieza. Goku is also his Ginyu arc self. Slug as a giant should be > 3rd form Frieza

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, you're saying that SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Vegetto. Okay.
Anime Pure Boo Arc SSjin 3 Goku is. Why not? That's TOEI Hax

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Kakashi wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Slug-
--Old- 28,000,000
--Young- 56,000,000
--Giant- 140,000,000

The highest power shown at that time was 3rd form Freeza. Goku is also his Ginyu arc self. Slug as a giant should be > 3rd form Freeza
What's even the point of asking other people if you're just going to give sparse content-less replies where you just state your own opinions of fact?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:21 am

Kakashi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
GT Base Goku > Anime Pure Boo > SSjin Vegetto
Pure Boo is only stated to be the strongest Boo in the anime, but since Goku couldn't stand a chance against Gohan Boo, Gotenks Boo, S. Kaioshin Boo, Piccolo Boo, and Evil Boo, while he could stand a chance against Pure Boo, it's obvious that Pure Boo isn't literally the strongest Boo. But even if he was stronger than Gohan Boo (he isn't), that doesn't make him stronger than Super Vegetto, since Super Vegetto was faaa~aaar stronger than Gohan Boo.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:39 am

Buuhan = Strongest Buu.

Kid Buu = Most Dangerous Buu.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:27 am

So, I'd like to bring something up: I have often seen it stated that the Daizenshuu says that the only difference between SS2 Gohan as a kid and SS2 Gohan as a teenager is the rage boost. Meaning SS Gohan as a teen should be stronger than SS Gohan as a kid. I've HEARD that, and follow it, but have yet to actually see the excerpt that says that. Anyone have it?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: