Music: Beyond Dragonball?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Music: Beyond Dragonball?

Post by Gouki » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:04 am

While listening to Power of Smile on Never Ending Storythe other die, I began to wonder, what have the vocalists from Dragonball Z been doing since then )excluding Budokai 3)?

The only one I've really heard about is Hironobu Kageyama writing the Crush Gear Opening and performing the opening to Sonic X. I've heard nothing about KUKO, YUKA, Shin’ichi Ishihara or anyone! Even if I haven't really searched...
... Maybe later.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:08 am

Hironobu KAGEYAMA
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedi ... p?id=12326

I think the most recent thing on there is the "Yu-gi-oh GX" OP. The others, I have no idea. Oh, and learn to type better before EX gets to ya.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:36 am

Strange website wrote:Given name (in kanji): ヒロノブ
I'm not an expert on Japanese or anything, but, uh... isn't this kinda fucked up?
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:05 pm

That means your computer doesn't have the proper software to show the Japanese characters. You need to download some.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm

What? It shows them on my computer just fine! I was refering to the fact that his "Given name in kanji" was written in katakana. I didn't even know there were Japanese given names in katakana!
It's party time, Ginyu style!

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:04 pm

Fuujin wrote:What? It shows them on my computer just fine! I was refering to the fact that his "Given name in kanji" was written in katakana. I didn't even know there were Japanese given names in katakana!
He's an artist. Whaddaya want anyway? I don't imagine that most Japanese people have their names written in all-caps Roman letters, either, but you don't seem to be complaining about KÛKO or YUKA. :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 pm

It's remarkably hard to find info on KUKO or YUKA, trust me I tried a long time ago! CDJapan has some works listed of KUKO. She's done some themes for NHK shows and a song for one of the Doraemon movies. As far as I know, I think YUKA Sato(she goes back that full name too), still is working in music and I at least know she's done a few other anime themes. You have better luck with Ishihara as like Kageyama, he's done thousands of theme songs for shows. He especially has done a lot of themes for live action ones like Ultraman and Kamen Rider. But he's done other anime themes too, such as Blue Seed music as part of "Carnival Babel" and some Gravitation stuff.

This site has a small blurb on him:
http://namida.cyna.net/english/music1.html

And if you do a search on his name at CDJapan, you'll get a list of all the CDs that have songs sung by him.

Oh and Kageyama also works under the group JAM Project. They do a lot of themes for shows, mostly mecha anime like Gravion and New Shin Getter Robo. But they've done others like eX-Driver and Scrapped Princess. But I think my favourite anime theme from them is the Soul Taker opening.^^ Oh and they've also done video game themes.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:46 pm

On a similar note, does anyone know anything about Hiroki Takahashi beyond the few DB songs he's done? I've tried looking him up in Japanese searches (English searches usually confuse him with a seiyuu whose name is the same, but with different kanji), but that rarely results in anything but people talking about Makafushigi Adventure! being one of their favorites.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:31 am

I dont think I've heard anything else from him. Nope, all ANN has listed from him is the DB songs he did. The only other thing Ushio HASHIMOTO did was the second Sailor Moon ending

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:26 pm

And what about MANNA? Does anyone know anything about her?