Dragon Ball Z 2 Japan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Dragon Ball Z 2 Japan

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:19 am

Known simply as Dragon Ball Z 2 in Japan, the newest PS2 fighter does indeed include Freeza`s son Kuriiza as a playable character. No word on whether Neko Majin is also in the game but chances for that seem rather good. Hooray for the Japanese version including something sweet and the US getting stuck with...um....Yamucha and Tenshinhan fused....yeah....

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:08 pm

1) Um, what are you talking about?
2) Do you have any proof, i.e. links, pics?

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:56 pm

If you've been paying attention to Neko Majin Z then you know what I'm talking about.

I could take pics couldn't I, but that would spoil the fun. Don't worry I'm sure someone will scan them eventually, I just really don't feel like doing such. I suppose you'll just have to trust me. gasp

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:16 am

Er, are you talking about the Japanese version fo Budokai 2?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:25 am

No offence, but it sounds like complete bull.

Kuriza is a character in Neko Majin Z, and even if he is a gag character, he's still copyright of Akira Toriyama. I don't think they could just use him even if the executives in Toei went crazy and wanted to throw him in.

Send a screen shot, then we'll talk.

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:08 am

You don`t have to believe me. I simply really don`t feel like scanning it. Please feel free to be my guest and appear as a dumbass when a screen from this month`s Monthly Jump does come online though.

Oh, by the way, the game was made by Bandai in Japan, who is free to use Toriyama`s characters as they please. Has nothing to do with Toei. Neko Majin Z was not aired on television, it was published in a Shueisha work. If you wanted to go down that path the idea would be to say Shueisha has the rights, but since Bandai has rights to DB games anyway and DB property for use in the games, it really doesn`t matter.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:53 am

bwhaahahahahaha

I never thought I'd see the day when people would take you (the Great Greg Werner) as being a mere shit stirrer on a forum.

*checks watch* Has it really been that long since your 15 minutes?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:11 am

So, er, you ARE talking about Budokai 2. Hmm.

Hey, the Yamcha-Tenshinhan fusion was cool. Boo to you.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:21 am

He's not.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:26 am

*sigh*

So, what is he talking about then? The Japanese version of which game is called "Dragon Ball Z 2"?

Or is all in reference to something that I'm failing to get?

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:48 am

I think the game was developed by Bandai and is separate from the Budokai series we've all come to know...and...like. Bandai had the liciences to all the famicom games so I'm sure that plays into the development of this new game somehow, but I really don't know the details.

I BELIEVE Neko Majin is just a gag manga that Akira Toriyama began working on to spoof DB. I've seen a few pictures. I'm sure if you type into your search engine you're bound to find something. I believe I've even seen a discussion or two over it on this very forum. In fact, I think VegettoEX wanted to include the characters from the comic on this site somewhere.

As far as further knowledge on this subject, someone else will have to step in.

I just realized that if you look at omae's last post it basically explains everything a lot better than this post. I knew there was a REASON that my other post was so brief.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:59 am

SonGohan-san wrote:bwhaahahahahaha

I never thought I'd see the day when people would take you (the Great Greg Werner) as being a mere shit stirrer on a forum.

Regardless of the truth to statements made in this thread, or any other thread...

Really NOT the kind of attitude we're looking for on this forum; attitude ranks right up there with grammar. Consider that a warning.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:59 am

I've seen Neko Majin, and I got the Kuriza thing. It was the "Hooray for the Japanese version including something sweet and the US getting stuck with...um....Yamucha and Tenshinhan fused" that made me think it was the Japanese version of Budokai 2.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:03 am

Ok, now things are making more sense. I pegged you as one of the guys around here who would know what Meko Majin is. It's like we're the only blokes out here eh, m8.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 am

VegettoEX wrote:
SonGohan-san wrote:bwhaahahahahaha

Regardless of the truth to statements made in this thread, or any other thread...

Really NOT the kind of attitude we're looking for on this forum; attitude ranks right up there with grammar. Consider that a warning.
WhoaWhoaWhoaWhoaWHOA...Hold on!!! Sorry if that was misinterpreted or whatever. That was NOT meant to be derogatory AT ALL. It was a playful rib at how incredulous I am that no one knows about omae, here. Only positive vibes out coming from this guy. I'm cool. *holds hands up innocently*

Or was it about the descriptive wc for execrement? Honestly, I'm not looking to get banned from here at all.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:11 am

*shrugs* I saw that with NO way but to interpret it as being UTTERLY derogatory in nature; if I read it that way, I'm sure others would have, as well. Remember that you're typing on the internet; your emotions and intentions don't come across as well as you think they do. You have to be extremely careful in how you word things...
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:13 am

sorry about that. I just reread that post. It does sound sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be.

omae no kaasan

Post by omae no kaasan » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:14 am

I`m talking about the Japanese version of Budoukai 2. It`s simply called Dragon Ball Z 2 here. If someone (one) wants to e-mail my cell-phone I`ll send a picture which you can post or whatever you desire if you want it that much right now. But it will probably be online floating around within a matter of days and at a much higher resultion. I just really don`t feel like trying to work with this crappy scanner and my laptop is dying of some awful venereal (sp) disease at the moment so I`d rather not use it.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:16 am

omae no kaasan wrote:and my laptop is dying of some awful venereal (sp) disease at the moment so I`d rather not use it.
WELL STOP HAVING SEX WITH YOUR COMPUTER.

I mean...

Gimme your number, and I'll do so :P.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:18 am

Wow, I really had no idea what I was talking about. So IT is Budokai afterall.

*dies dramatically*