1st form Cell, Piccolo, and #17

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GorillaGrodd

1st form Cell, Piccolo, and #17

Post by GorillaGrodd » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:40 am

I get the impression from reading that most people think that Cell, at the point when he crashes Piccolo and #17s fight, is much more powerful than either of them. When i watched the anime (This may be why i think this cause a lot may be filler) my impression of Piccolo and #17 vs. Cell was that Piccolo and #17 were exhausted and noticibley injured from the hellacious (thank you good ole JR for that word) fight the two put each other through.

My Thoery is the Piccolo, and #17 were also basically just as powerful as Cell but so tired that Cell was just too much for them at the time. Kinda of like how Goku lost to Tambourine even though he could have won because of being worn out from his fight with Tenshinhan.

What does everyone think, Would a well rested Piccolo and 17# been able to defeat 1st form Cell st that point, or even would either alone have been a decent match for post mass human drain 1st form Cell?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:03 am

One problem with that theory, #17 has infinite energy remember? He even states this to Piccolo when they seem to be dead even. That Piccolo's energy will run out, weakening him eventually, but he can keep going indefinitely.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

GorillaGrodd

Post by GorillaGrodd » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:24 am

Fair enough, and by many statements and by what the androids schtick was when introduced that was their edge, but during 17's fight with Piccolo he is shown to be breathing heavily (why? isn't he an android, plot hole maybe?) and even when Piccolo would get worn out as the fight progressed they still stayed dead even throughout the fight. I do have to agree with you which is it do the androids never get tired or do the huff and puff when pushed like in the anime (again maybe filler?)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:34 pm

Actually, 17 and 18 are Cybrogs, not Androids, so it's very possible they need to breathe. I'd say that Cell is stronger by this point. About as much stronger than Piccolo's maximum power as Piccolo was over 17. But by this time Piccolo's probably even with or weaker than 17, so Cell easily takes them both.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:17 pm

Not only that, but 17 has a very cocky attitude (remember he believed that he was indeed the strongest being in the universe and that does include him believing that 16 was weaker than him) and his "infinite" power statement may have been made only to throw Piccolo out of his game. Too bad it didn't work.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:40 pm

Perhaps #17 and #18 indeed had infinite energy, but that doesn't stop him from being "tired." He could have been damaged to the point that despite his energy, his body was still worn out, thus it would be more difficult to function. Or his energy supply could have been damaged itself.
Ugh...I'd say Piccolo was stronger than #17, but of course when it comes to energy/endurance, Piccolo fell short. When Cell appeared, I guess both the Namekian and the android were more powerful, but with both his enemies running short of stamina, Cell prevailed.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:00 am

#16 points out that only he is as strong as Cell at that point
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:56 am

Mike D wrote:Not only that, but 17 has a very cocky attitude (remember he believed that he was indeed the strongest being in the universe and that does include him believing that 16 was weaker than him) and his "infinite" power statement may have been made only to throw Piccolo out of his game. Too bad it didn't work.
But Trunks also states that #17 and #18's energy is infinite when asked to say what they look like so the others don't make another mistake again like they did with #19 and #20. And no #17 was not more powerful. Remember when Cell powered up and Piccolo couldn't get over the huge amount of people he had absorbed. It seemed to be that Cell had made great strides in increasing his power because of this and overtaking Piccolo. #17 was supposed to be at most, equal to Piccolo, therefore not as powerful as Cell, whether or not he had been fighting.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."