"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 pm

it would be so cool if Chronoa had an old man GoD themed after Saturn, the God of Time as an all consuming destructive force. Aeos and Chronoa are even based on Greco-Roman gods Aeon and Chronos (The Primordial God).

For hilarity, despite his decrepit appearance he's actually the youngest of the Hakaishin.

Their angel would have an hourglass or infinity symbol shaped Halo and their staff's ring/halo would be horizontal like the planet Saturn to go along with their GoD.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:01 pm

has anyone managed to translate the new anniversary guide?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:56 pm

Hi guys, are you still following the events of the game? Are there any new transformations or new characters besides Ozotto?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:17 am

Gt91 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:56 pm Hi guys, are you still following the events of the game? Are there any new transformations or new characters besides Ozotto?
This arc has been so freaking meh, it seems the hype is all gone at the moment :x

I've been waiting so long for Ozotto to get attention in SDBH, but now that he does he's just dragging things with little plot progression. And awful things like talking Janemba :thumbdown:

Other cards that come are good and all, but I'm not happy with how boring the main plot is so far. It's so unlike Heroes to be BORING :evil:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 am

Yeah I concur he was menacing in the prison planet and when he grabbed laggs, and yeah it was a plausible excuse that he's letting them grow stronger before eating them like moro did, but I'd rather see the lower powered match ups of the tournament before or lore expansion.

I do wonder if this is literally like ozzotto himself, a final hidden boss, a little bonus chapter/epilogue.

Maybe we see blue 4 goku and call it a day.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:17 am
Gt91 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:56 pm Hi guys, are you still following the events of the game? Are there any new transformations or new characters besides Ozotto?
This arc has been so freaking meh, it seems the hype is all gone at the moment :x

I've been waiting so long for Ozotto to get attention in SDBH, but now that he does he's just dragging things with little plot progression. And awful things like talking Janemba :thumbdown:

Other cards that come are good and all, but I'm not happy with how boring the main plot is so far. It's so unlike Heroes to be BORING :evil:
Thanks for the reply!
I was also quite disappointed with how they are handling everything. I understand that we are still at the beginning of the story but nothing interesting is happening... I hope they add some new characters or transformations.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:27 pm

It's been a while...... this game has really gone downhill, they haven't come up with a single new thing for an old character in like literally years now, the hell happened to the game i loved so much?

Now with Toriyama's passing (RIP) can't help but wonder what kind input did he had in this game if any at all.

Like did he had to approve of new forms for characters and such.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:30 pm

I know I said I probably wouldn’t come back but I might aswell explain this to you all.. DBH isn’t that great anymore because Wataru Higuchi the creator of DBH and it’s main producer left the team back in late 2021/early 2022, this is why we haven’t gotten anymore what if characters and it’s also the reason why we’ll probably never get another console game of DBH. I can’t think of his name off the top of my head but the current producer is the really jacked muscle guy, he’s more into making scene recreations and not what if stuff. I would also like to add DBH will definitely be ending within the next year or two(by it’s 15th anniversary it will mostlikely be over) and that’s another reason the staff is focusing on scene recreations and not original content/characters… hope this helps, but, yeah it does suck that the end of a game I love so much is coming soon and with how things are now it’s feels like a husk of its former self.. really miss the days of original DBH especially JM(evil dragon mission) when it was just what if after what if with barely any explanation outside of the back of the cards and some Vjump inserts :( :wave:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 am

If the original creator left then no wonder the whole situation has changed. No more Heroes ports is definitely the worst news for the entire SDBH fanbase outside of Japan, but considering we haven't got any since years now, I guess it was a given..
S3 Hendrix wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:30 pm I would also like to add DBH will definitely be ending within the next year or two(by it’s 15th anniversary it will mostlikely be over)
Ending the whole thing however seems like a dumb marketing decision, considering how popular it continues to be. Obviously they would just make a new arcade game in it's place, but then all the Heroes cards would become unusable? Wow, that sounds like an awful move especially considering how much many of them cost.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:07 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:30 pm I know I said I probably wouldn’t come back but I might aswell explain this to you all.. DBH isn’t that great anymore because Wataru Higuchi the creator of DBH and it’s main producer left the team back in late 2021/early 2022, this is why we haven’t gotten anymore what if characters and it’s also the reason why we’ll probably never get another console game of DBH. I can’t think of his name off the top of my head but the current producer is the really jacked muscle guy, he’s more into making scene recreations and not what if stuff. I would also like to add DBH will definitely be ending within the next year or two(by it’s 15th anniversary it will mostlikely be over) and that’s another reason the staff is focusing on scene recreations and not original content/characters… hope this helps, but, yeah it does suck that the end of a game I love so much is coming soon and with how things are now it’s feels like a husk of its former self.. really miss the days of original DBH especially JM(evil dragon mission) when it was just what if after what if with barely any explanation outside of the back of the cards and some Vjump inserts :( :wave:
Well damm, even before that date where the main producer left i felt they the new what if stuff was lacking, the first like 5 years were by far the craziest and nothing in like the last 7 or so years have come close.

I still remember the Broly and Gohan SS4 reveal, back then the most hype thing ever, if its gonna end then i hope we get to see some concept art from that SS4 Trunks they never released, i swear to god they make that anniversary book every year and we still haven't seen it and i guess it's because they have to yet show it because something some important would had been already been leaked the moment fans got their hans on it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 pm

While a shift in management would certainly explain Dragon Ball Heroes' sudden "change of heart" (the last "big deal" I consider it did was giving Goku Black Super Saiyan Rosé 2, and that was in 2021), do we have a source for that?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:10 am

That would be pretty sad for the game to end in a couple years, but I have couple questions:
1. How do you know this info?
2. Why would Bamco end it's service when it's still one of their most successful arcade games?

I know it's creativity has been lacking as of late, but last I saw, the cards were still selling bank.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm

I was about to comment how bad the Ozotto arc has been and hoping it can get better later, but if there has been a change of management that would also explain how tame the Kaioshin of Time arc was so suddenly.

But like, the things they have done in this arc seem to go beyond simply not having what ifs. The clones are all exact copies of the originals, there is nothing unique about them-even the original old game had a green tint to differenciate them!- and no matter how good you think a villain is, it can't carry an entire arc of fighting over and over without any minions or something different to spice things up. Toriyama, Toyotaro, even Toei realized such a basic idea yet there is no one that has done so in the Heroes staff? I guess is funny to see Vegetto fighting Gohan or Vegeta winning against Janemba, but is just so lame visually. If this is going to be the standard going forward I really see no reason to even keep an eye on Heroes anymore which is indeed sad. I can't believe XV2 of all things is now doing more unique things. Ironically enough I would say it's even worse in the manga version which used to be the best one in terms of story because of the constant never ending references and recreations... but the game is still bad anyways.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm

I was about to comment how bad the Ozotto arc has been and hoping it can get better later, but if there has been a change of management that would also explain how tame the Kaioshin of Time arc was so suddenly.

But like, the things they have done in this arc seem to go beyond simply not having what ifs. The clones are all exact copies of the originals, there is nothing unique about them-even the original old game had a green tint to differenciate them!- and no matter how good you think a villain is, it can't carry an entire arc of fighting over and over without any minions or something different to spice things up. Toriyama, Toyotaro, even Toei realized such a basic idea yet there is no one that has done so in the Heroes staff? I guess is funny to see Vegetto fighting Gohan or Vegeta winning against Janemba, but is just so lame visually. If this is going to be the standard going forward I really see no reason to even keep an eye on Heroes anymore which is indeed sad. I can't believe XV2 of all things is now doing more unique things. Ironically enough I would say it's even worse in the manga version which used to be the best one in terms of story because of the constant never ending references and recreations... but the game is still bad anyways.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.