"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:50 am Ssb is regarded as the power beyond Ssg in all media and even referred to as the power that rivals the Gods
If Nagayama wanted to imply such a thing, he would've made it clear that XGoku has familiarity with god ki. Instead, in the manga XGoku says that CC Goku uses a power he doesn't know about, without any guesses or attempts to connect it. In the arcade he refer to events which happened in GT only, a timeline where Goku doesn't get god ki. There is zero indication of XGoku referencing to god ki or knowing about it in the past throughout the story. And the fact that he doesn't even use SSG points more towards that fact. Because in canon SSG is a transformation which can be accessed after acquiring it once.

You can believe whatever you want, but given so far there's zero evidence of SDBH Goku in the arcade, manga, or anime knowing about god, your argument falls very flat. If we get so much as a hint that he knows Beerus/recalls BoG, then I'll be the first to concede, but until then the case is XGoku never went SSG.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:35 am
Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm Point them to Ch. 9 of the SDBH manga (UM1). There XGoku says that SSB Goku uses a power he doesn't know anything about (God ki).
Wait, chapter 9? The Universe Mission manga only has 6 chapters out and I doubt you mean the Demon Realm one.

Also, yeah, is UMX having Goku Xeno go through BoG what everyone uses as basis to sya he absolutely knows about God Ki and uses it in tandem with SSJ4.

One would think that the mere fact the arcade storylines have never acknowledged or referenced UMX's story would be enough to prove that is yet another version of Goku the one with God Ki.
I meant the SDBH manga in general. And I fudged up, UM1 starts at Chapter 11, not Chapter 9. Chapters 1-10 covers the events of the Dark Demon Realm.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:58 pm I know, but then why wouldn't Heroes name it Golden Oozaru if it was their intention to use that form? They got it right for Gogeta. And then there is Bardock, which again, shows that Heroes doesn't really care much about that. Just because a Saiyan has Super Saiyan does not mean whenever they transform into an Oozaru it will be the golden one.

As for Broly, his Oozaru is green, Cumber might get a free pass because in the game his form is yellow-ish.
Cumber in game did become a Great Ape while he was SSJ, hence Golden Great Ape. I think that there's more evidence in story that Cumber did become a Golden Great Ape instead of base Great Ape. Though it's strongly implied that SSJ3 is his strongest form to date,.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:50 am Ssb is regarded as the power beyond Ssg in all media and even referred to as the power that rivals the Gods
If Nagayama wanted to imply such a thing, he would've made it clear that XGoku has familiarity with god ki. Instead, in the manga XGoku says that CC Goku uses a power he doesn't know about, without any guesses or attempts to connect it. In the arcade he refer to events which happened in GT only, a timeline where Goku doesn't get god ki. There is zero indication of XGoku referencing to god ki or knowing about it in the past throughout the story. And the fact that he doesn't even use SSG points more towards that fact. Because in canon SSG is a transformation which can be accessed after acquiring it once.

You can believe whatever you want, but given so far there's zero evidence of SDBH Goku in the arcade, manga, or anime knowing about god, your argument falls very flat. If we get so much as a hint that he knows Beerus/recalls BoG, then I'll be the first to concede, but until then the case is XGoku never went SSG.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:35 am
Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm Point them to Ch. 9 of the SDBH manga (UM1). There XGoku says that SSB Goku uses a power he doesn't know anything about (God ki).
Wait, chapter 9? The Universe Mission manga only has 6 chapters out and I doubt you mean the Demon Realm one.

Also, yeah, is UMX having Goku Xeno go through BoG what everyone uses as basis to sya he absolutely knows about God Ki and uses it in tandem with SSJ4.

One would think that the mere fact the arcade storylines have never acknowledged or referenced UMX's story would be enough to prove that is yet another version of Goku the one with God Ki.
I meant the SDBH manga in general. And I fudged up, UM1 starts at Chapter 11, not Chapter 9. Chapters 1-10 covers the events of the Dark Demon Realm.
There is no proof that he doesn't know about God Ki, you claim the statement of him saying his counterpart has a power he doesn't know about is proof but he says and i quote " A Blue Haired Super Saiyan... So a me that uses a power I don't know about "
He literally confirms that he doesn't know what Ssb is not any form that predates it ( Ssg ) so we can't say he doesn't know about God Ki because he doesn't know about Ssb

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm There is no proof that he doesn't know about God Ki, you claim the statement of him saying his counterpart has a power he doesn't know about is proof but he says and i quote " A Blue Haired Super Saiyan... So a me that uses a power I don't know about "
He literally confirms that he doesn't know what Ssb is not any form that predates it ( Ssg ) so we can't say he doesn't know about God Ki because he doesn't know about Ssb
There's no proof that GT Goku doesn't know about god ki. That's literally the argument you're making.

Again, you can believe whatever you want, but given the current facts in the game, your opinion/argument means very little.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:21 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm There is no proof that he doesn't know about God Ki, you claim the statement of him saying his counterpart has a power he doesn't know about is proof but he says and i quote " A Blue Haired Super Saiyan... So a me that uses a power I don't know about "
There's no proof that GT Goku doesn't know about god ki. That's literally the argument you're making.

Again, you can believe whatever you want, but given the current facts in the game, your opinion/argument means very little.
Why would Gt Goku have God Ki when the concept was invented in 2013? If you want to try to make me look stupid then make sure what you're saying doesn't fall flat

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm Why would Gt Goku have God Ki when the concept was invented in 2013? If you want to try to make me look stupid then make sure what you're saying doesn't fall flat
That's the argument you're making. Belief by faith and baseless speculation. But I'm done here, so you do you.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm Why would Gt Goku have God Ki when the concept was invented in 2013? If you want to try to make me look stupid then make sure what you're saying doesn't fall flat
That's the argument you're making. Belief by faith and baseless speculation. But I'm done here, so you do you.
Goku Xeno isn't exactly Gt Goku either and the Xeno in his name is stated to Express him being different so what I'm saying and what you're saying is different

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:58 pm I know, but then why wouldn't Heroes name it Golden Oozaru if it was their intention to use that form? They got it right for Gogeta. And then there is Bardock, which again, shows that Heroes doesn't really care much about that. Just because a Saiyan has Super Saiyan does not mean whenever they transform into an Oozaru it will be the golden one.

As for Broly, his Oozaru is green, Cumber might get a free pass because in the game his form is yellow-ish.
What about Baby? We know for a fact that he's a Golden Oozaru but his card isn't labelled as such.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pmCumber in game did become a Great Ape while he was SSJ, hence Golden Great Ape. I think that there's more evidence in story that Cumber did become a Golden Great Ape instead of base Great Ape. Though it's strongly implied that SSJ3 is his strongest form to date,.
Well, like I said, Cumber might get a free pass, despite the lack of specification for whatever reason. The point is that since they originated in Heroes, we don't even have other official sources to support the idea that they are using the Golden Oozaru form, unlike Baby Vegeta, I think. It's all in Heroes, and it doesn't help us.
Saiga wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 pmWhat about Baby? We know for a fact that he's a Golden Oozaru but his card isn't labelled as such.
Like I said above, there might be somewhere where it was specified that Baby Vegeta is using Golden Oozaru, we don't have any evidence outside of Heroes. And again, Bardock turns brown Oozaru from a Super Saiyan form, yet, no one says he is Golden Oozaru.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am Like I said above, there might be somewhere where it was specified that Baby Vegeta is using Golden Oozaru, we don't have any evidence outside of Heroes. And again, Bardock turns brown Oozaru from a Super Saiyan form, yet, no one says he is Golden Oozaru.
That's because he's not golden. You know, by definition.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Last I checked, green is a different color from golden, by definition.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:15 pm

It's just kinda logic. Like if we saw a Saiyan with blonde spiky hair and green eyes with a yellow aura it'd be very safe to say he's super saiyan, even if they're not referred to explicitly as Super Saiyan, or if we don't see them power down. Maybe if that happened you'd think that's wrong to assume, but given what series this is it's clear what's being seen. To the same extent, Broly/Cumber are using Green/Yellow Great Ape forms that are clearly more powerful than their Super Saiyan forms, and even have the same hair as when they're Super Saiyan. And Bardock going from Super Saiyan to Great Ape isn't any kind of contradiction that GGA is Super Saiyan + Great Ape (And it's blatantly clear in fact, that he doesn't go GGA because he himself isn't GOLDEN when he turns great ape, the defining characteristic of the transformation), no more so than Goku going from Super Saiyan God to Super Saiyan and vice versa is even though SSB is an existing form that is explicitly SS + SSG.
Grimlock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:07 pm Last I checked, green is a different color from golden, by definition.
Green is the color used for Broly's Super Saiyan line. It falls in line with GGA being Great Ape + Super Saiyan. If it makes more sense to say "Super Saiyan Colored Great Ape" I'll start calling it that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Right, you got a point. I'll concede. But the lack of the specification is something I can't just ignore.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pmThough it's strongly implied that SSJ3 is his strongest form to date,.
SS3 Full Power, maybe.
IMHO everything before suggests SS3 was a fall-back from losing Ozaru

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:47 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm SS3 Full Power, maybe.
What leads you to think that?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Hate to kill the ongoing discussion whether a SDBH Card needs Golden oozaru in the title to confirm it is or not buuuut

Saikyo Jump's New Issue came out I think (any new scans or spoilers for SDBH's newest chapter?)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm Saikyo Jump's New Issue came out I think (any new scans or spoilers for SDBH's newest chapter?)
The May 2019 issue of Saikyō Jump hits Japanese shelves Friday, April 5.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pmThough it's strongly implied that SSJ3 is his strongest form to date,.
SS3 Full Power, maybe.
Idk about that, at the end of UM4 he literally states playtime is over and proceeds to power up to SSJ3. That's indication to me that he decided to take things seriously at that point. Also him going Great Ape was just to show off his Saiyan pride, so...

Update: UM5 main story completed. There are still a few side quest translations remaining like the Xeno duo going off to destroy Fuu's lab and Majin Ozotto stealing the Dragon Balls, I'll do those later. I'll try to catch everything up to UM7 by the end of this weekend (hopefully).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... 8copdtlwha

Oh yeah, one of the missions have the player battle Tagoma, Sorbet, and some other red character whose name I forget (hence ???). Did he appear in RoF? If someone could pls remind me of that character's name then that would be helpful, thanks!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 am
ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm
SS3 Full Power, maybe.
Idk about that, at the end of UM4 he literally states playtime is over and proceeds to power up to SSJ3. That's indication to me that he decided to take things seriously at that point. Also him going Great Ape was just to show off his Saiyan pride, so...

Update: UM5 main story completed. There are still a few side quest translations remaining like the Xeno duo going off to destroy Fuu's lab and Majin Ozotto stealing the Dragon Balls, I'll do those later. I'll try to catch everything up to UM7 by the end of this weekend (hopefully).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... 8copdtlwha

Oh yeah, one of the missions have the player battle Tagoma, Sorbet, and some other red character whose name I forget (hence ???). Did he appear in RoF? If someone could pls remind me of that character's name then that would be helpful, thanks!
you mean Shisami? The one who fought Piccolo in RoF (Also once again thank you very much Rakurai for these translations) Love seeing the differences between all 3 continuities of SDBH (Video game, Manga, Anime) Please keep up the good work as I shall continue to wait for more and more!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:08 am

Thanks for providing these as always, Rakurai. Couple of questions - is there anything to the Cumber fight between UM4 and UM5? It seems we go from SSB Goku and Vegeta fighting SS1 Cumber, to Cumber revealing SS3... and then we have SSG Goku and Cooler vs SS1 Cumber. He doesn't use SS3 until the Xeno Saiyans arrive, so that seems really weird.

Also, wasn't Cumber meant to comment on SSG Goku having red hair?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!