When nature calls...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

When nature calls...

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 am

Most everyone seem to be convinced that when Goku goes Super Saiyan for the first time (in the Japanese version), when he screams, it's more beastly than human. Sure, it's not quite the sort of thing you hear every day, but I was just wondering... when you guys say this, are you actually talking about the recap at the beginning of the next episode? Because in the recaps, the dialogue is always re-recorded, and in this version Goku's scream is much much different and unearthly than in the scene from the actual episode.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:36 am

No the scene in the actual Japanese episode is the same. It's the same demonic scream as in the recap. I've watched that episode about a hundred times, so I would know.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:17 pm

I haven't had the fortune to see that episode in it's original format before, just the dub. So, just out of curiosity, what does Goku say in the original version? Or does he just scream and not say anything at all? In the dub he says something along the lines of,

"I.......I.....I...won't...let you.... GET AWAY WITH THIS!"

Then he turns 'THIS!' into a scream and transforms. I'm just wondering what it is he says in the Japanese version, if he says anything at all.
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Just a super badass scream. I think in such an emotional moment people wouldn't really be able to put a sentence together.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:26 pm

Well, he could barely get out of his words, so actually he wasn't able to put a decent sentence together.
Who said life isn't a game?

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 am

Jerseymilk wrote:No the scene in the actual Japanese episode is the same. It's the same demonic scream as in the recap. I've watched that episode about a hundred times, so I would know.
Well, maybe you should watch it a 101st time, because it's definately different.

In episode 95, it's just a digitally altered version of Masako Nozawa's scream, making it very deep so it sounds like a man's scream.

In the recap in episode 96, the scream cuts out early and it switches to an altered sound effect (it's very loud and hollowed out, but it's just a typical "whoosh" powering up sound effect).

Then, in episode 105 they show the scene again, except this time they just leave the original un-altered Masako Nozawa scream.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:54 am

Yes.
Further more - I guess - they mixed an Oozaru scream in Masako Nozawa's scream in episode 95 (also they mixed this in Gohan's SSJ2 scream... I believe).

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:06 am

DBW wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:No the scene in the actual Japanese episode is the same. It's the same demonic scream as in the recap. I've watched that episode about a hundred times, so I would know.
Well, maybe you should watch it a 101st time, because it's definately different.

In episode 95, it's just a digitally altered version of Masako Nozawa's scream, making it very deep so it sounds like a man's scream.

In the recap in episode 96, the scream cuts out early and it switches to an altered sound effect (it's very loud and hollowed out, but it's just a typical "whoosh" powering up sound effect).

Then, in episode 105 they show the scene again, except this time they just leave the original un-altered Masako Nozawa scream.
I don't need to watch it again. Yes I knew about them cutting the scream short and hollowing it out, but it is essentially the same scream. I stated it as such because I'm not nitpicky.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Porco Rosso

Post by Porco Rosso » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:18 am

And here I am thinking this is a thread about how many time Goku urinates...sheesh.

We're talking about Goku's weird growl thing, right? That really caught me off guard. I jumped.
[b]Jordan.[/b]