The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:04 pm Orange Piccolo and Final Gohan vs. Granolah

How does this battle go?
Granolah is made their bitch.
Peach wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:56 pm Master Roshi (TOP) vs. Future Zamasu

Future Trunks vs. Champa's team (Botamo, Frost, Magetta, Cabba, and Hit) in 1v1's
I suppose Roshi can seal Zamasu with the Mafuba since he almost did it with Frost. He probably dies doing so though.

Reaches to Hit and loses.
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm Base Gogeta (Cell Games) vs All 7 Cell Jr's.

SSJ2 Cabba vs Present Zamasu

SSJ3 Goku (17 arc) vs SSJ2 Vegito (Buu saga)

Orange Piccolo vs Full Power Jiren (no limit breaker)

Final Gohan (Late Saiyan saga) vs SSJR Goku Black (anime)

Yamcha (Cell Games) vs 3rd form Freeza (Namek arc)
I guess Gogeta can be stronger than a Cell Jr but loses if he fights against all 7.
Cabba wins but with high difficulty.
17 arc? As in Super 17? In any case Vegetto wins.
Jiren will need to go limit breaker to win.
Goku Black wins.
Freeza wins after a good fight.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:41 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:47 am They did fight pretty evenly in that odd dimension. It could just be referring to that.

It's also possible that these guides are just retroactively adding certain details that were never really shown in the movie given that the novelization as far as we know makes no implication of Broly being equal to Gogeta Blue.
Not even there. Their fight in that dimension was the same as outside with Gogeta smacking Broly around and dodging his blasts. The closest thing we get to even is their fist clash breaking the dimension with neither side being pushed back or injured.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:04 pm Orange Piccolo and Final Gohan vs. Granolah

How does this battle go?
Either one can beat Granolah as far as we know. Goku and Vegeta probably surpassed him when they got their Saiyan pride boost from Bardock, and Gohan and Piccolo are at least as strong as that.

Future Trunks vs. Champa's team (Botamo, Frost, Magetta, Cabba, and Hit) in 1v1's
Master Roshi will have to Mafuuba his way out of this one, and even then he might die or pass out from the exhaustion.

If this is Trunks when he first arrived. He can sure figure out Botamo, and since he doesn't play around he'll just one shot Frost with SSJ2 and give him no chances of sneaking a needle on him. He stops at Magetta since there's no way to beat this guy as far as we know. Vegeta had to bully him off stage both times and Kale throwing him away was a humongous feat. He could sure beat Cabba though... Why was Cabba after Magetta in the line anyway?

If this is Trunks during the battles in the future, he can beat most of these guys in base, but not even SSJ Fury is going to let him lay a finger on Hit.
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm Base Gogeta (Cell Games) vs All 7 Cell Jr's.

I'll say Gogeta. He's got to be at least SSJ2 Gohan level the way fusion works.

If this is an hypothetical SSJ2 Cabba from the first tournament, I give it to Zamasu mid diff. Zamasu was a bit stronger than Goku, but Goku and Vegeta were noted to have powered up since the tournament. If this is the second one, Cabba one shots.

Goku one shots. SSJ Vegetto was at best a bit behind Super Baby Vegeta 1, and assuming both forms are equivalent SSJ2 Vegetto would be somewhat below SBV2 at best too. This is the same placement Super Oob had, and he with all other Z Fighters didn't do nearly as good as SSJ1 Goku alone against Super 17. SSJ3 Goku is just overkill.

Toriyama says Piccolo is comparable to Goku and Vegeta now, presumably in their strongest forms. The thing is, there's quite a gap between Anime Goku and Manga Goku now. Anime Goku and Vegeta only have Kaio-Ken x20 and SSJBE, so Piccolo just rivaling them has no shot. He can only maybe put up a bit of a fight going by Vegeta saying Jiren wasn't that strong and the fact that SH Goku and Vegeta should be somewhat above ToP Goku and Vegeta. Manga Goku and Vegeta have UI and UE, so Piccolo stomps.

Goku Black drinks Gohan whole from a straw. Gohan's forms are potential based, so his Ultimate form would be somewhat above his late Namek self, and I have no idea of the size of the boost Beast Mode gives but it sure ain't taking him to SSJR level.

I have my money on Yamcha since he rivals Freeza fight Base Goku for me.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 pm

How does this battle go?
Wait! Does the events of Super take place in Age 783? Apparently that's just one year before the epilogue of the series. Pan is three years old supposedly in the movie and she was born in Age 779. If it's to be believed then the film occurs sometime either in Age 782 or 783. Perhaps Piccolo and Gohan could challenge Granolah here after all. Challenge isn't the same as winning, however. We can likely draw some conclusions about Goku and Vegeta still be stronger overall than these two. Moreover, Granolah's fighting style that aims for vital points could prove to be the undoing of these two unless Piccolo's Namekian physiology allows him to bypass it. Come to think of it why couldn't he rearrange his internal body just like he manipulates his limbs and size? Of course that's just speculation.

Granolah may win this but he's going to be having quite the difficult time.

Master Roshi (TOP) vs. Future Zamasu: Don't see how Roshi can defeat this opponent through any means other than the Mafuba. Future Zamasu is too much in both iterations for the Turtle Hermit to defeat in conventional terms. Sleepy Boy hypnosis is an interesting prospect but would it work against anyone who isn't a child?

Future Trunks vs. Champa's team (Botamo, Frost, Magetta, Cabba, and Hit) in 1v1's: If it's the manga iteration then Trunks may lose to Botamo due to an inability to damage his opponent. Keep in mind that Vegeta and Piccolo made the observation that for Goku to damage Botamo he would need to use his full strength. Battle conditions and the nature of the engagement are important there unless Trunks is willing to think outside of the box and do something like launch his opponent into space and have him die of suffocation. Ikari Trunks from the anime could likely win, though.

I believe it's quite plausible that Trunks would lose to Frost. The poisoned needle would affect Trunks' motor skills and cognisance to the point Frost should be able to finish him off.

Base Gogeta (Cell Games) vs All 7 Cell Jr's: Regardless of Goku needing to lower his strength in order to match Vegeta's, the resultant fusion is still going to come out very strong. I could believe base Gogeta posing a threat to Cell at full power here. The Cell Jrs won't stand a chance.

SSJ2 Cabba vs Present Zamasu: Cabba's transformation did prompt Freeza into resorting to his golden form. We don't know what percentage of his strength the tyrant had been using prior to dominate base Cabba but it seems unlikely that his 100% state would suffice here unless he was using less than 1% of his strength to torment his opponent. The same Freeza was equal to Goku from the beginning portion of the tournament. For a comparison Goku has transitioned from needing blue against Hit to standing shoulder to shoulder with the assassin using just SSJG in the anime. By proxy this is an indication of Freeza's own growth and what it implies for Cabba since he fought this same Freeza.

Zamasu can't win unless he were to use his paralysis arts to immobilise and then kill Cabba.

SSJ3 Goku (17 arc) vs SSJ2 Vegito (Buu saga): You mean the Super 17 saga? It's jarring to realise but SSJ Goku was proving to be more of a threat to Super 17 than Majuub. Remember him? The newly evolved warrior that merged Uub's extraordinary aptitude with Good Buu's power? Someone who could evidently mount a tougher resistance against Baby Vegeta than SSJ3 Goku from the previous saga. The implication here with Super 17 is that either Uub slacked off, unlikely I believe, or Goku improved so much that by the time of being confronted with this souped up cyborg he's already surpassed his pupil with merely the first Saiyan transformation.

I could believe SSJ3 Goku defeating SSJ2 Vegetto from the Buu arc by this time. The implications from statements and showings during the Black Star Dragon Ball and Super 17 sagas lead me to believe that Goku has improved immensely.

Orange Piccolo vs Full Power Jiren (no limit breaker): I suppose Orange Piccolo? Apparently his strength now is on the same spectrum as MUI Goku and UE Vegeta's if still weaker. Mind you I haven't watched the movie but Jiren's strength has been old news for several arcs now.

Final Gohan (Late Saiyan saga) vs SSJR Goku Black (anime): I suppose Black if only for the reason that Gohan would have to contend with the gaseous clone barrage that the rupture in the dimensions could create. Goku and Vegeta never were able to overcome that ability of Black's. I don't think Gohan would be able to put up much of a fight here anyway.

Yamcha (Cell Games) vs 3rd form Freeza (Namek arc): I'm inclined to say Yamcha. His power was the least of those who had showed up to confront the cyborgs but I can't imagine it being that much weaker than Tenshinhan and Krillin's. People dismiss any significant gains due to the nature of their training. My responce would be that large gains are apparently still possible if Vegeta is anything to go by during the intermission between Namek/Trunks' arrival. Also, weight training isn't anything to scoff at when going by precedent. The record in real life for weights lifted is 2.8 metric tonnes; that's over a quarter of what base Goku from the Buu arc was using to work out with in the afterlife. I could believe Yamcha being able to handle far more than almost three tonnes on his body. As the natural takeaway this would suggest that he may be able to challenge and bring down this version of Freeza.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs UIO Goku [Ep 110].
Shin vs SS Goku [Cell games]. No magic or paralysis.
Cranberry vs Appule.
Roshi [RoF arc] vs 1st Form Freeza [Namek arc]. No Mafuba.
SS2 Kefla vs God Toppo. No Hakai and no Potara time limit.
Oozaru King Vegeta [DBS] vs Ginyu [Namek arc]. No change technique or cutting tail.
Videl [Post Ki training] vs Pamput.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:12 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:28 pm Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs UIO Goku [Ep 110].
Cranberry vs Appule.
Oozaru King Vegeta [DBS] vs Ginyu [Namek arc]. No change technique or cutting tail.
Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs UIO Goku [Ep 110].: Corrupted as in the state seen of Zamasu following the detonation of his Holy Wrath point blank? I don't see UIO Goku managing what this Zamasu did against Vegetto. The Shinjin was holding his own in the anime. Of course I don't remember all the statements made throughout the Tournament of Power because it seems convoluted.

Shin vs SS Goku [Cell games]. No magic or paralysis.: These two might be near equals of each other, I think. Goku would undoubtedly have the advantage in terms of experience and skill. The Kai-Kai teleportation is a thought as Shin could theoretically use it to relocate Goku into the centre of the sun but I'm not sure if that constitutes a magical technique or what. Everything else being as it is I see Goku ultimately winning. Shin doesn't have anything in his favour as a fighter apart from his magic and paralysis arts.

Cranberry vs Appule.: Probably Appule since he appeared to be the most stable on his feet and holding his ground the best against the Namekian warriors. Cranberry was thrown back and then literally kicked aside by Zarbon.

Roshi [RoF arc] vs 1st Form Freeza [Namek arc]. No Mafuba.: I don't see anything to indicate Roshi being a match for Freeza even in his weakest form here. It's true he emitted a ki signature in tandem with the others but I doubt his individual power amounted to much in the collective effort. It was probably Gohan and Piccolo's power that was fuelling the signal for the most part. Sleepy Boy paralysis is, again, one possibility but I'm not sure if it would work against the likes of Freeza.

SS2 Kefla vs God Toppo. No Hakai and no Potara time limit.: Something about a quote given by Piccolo about Kefla having surpassed Goku's blue Kaioken combination from before. The twenty fold multiplier was already a thing and if that's what Piccolo meant then Kefla seems poised to win here. If it was just the tenfold multiplier, though, Hakaishin Toppo will probably win as his strength was comparable to a peer of SSJBKKx20 Goku's, Vegeta.

Oozaru King Vegeta [DBS] vs Ginyu [Namek arc]. No change technique or cutting tail. : Isn't King Vegeta's power level 10,000? The Oozaru form would put him close to Ginyu but not quite enough to sufficiently overpower the squad leader; this also doesn't take into account the Oozaru form's apparent lack of speed enhancement too.

Videl [Post Ki training] vs Pamput.: Videl didn't really train all too thoroughly outside of grasping basic ki mechanics so that she could fly. I suppose you could argue her stamina improved a great amount by flying so much. What's more it's interesting how she felt confident enough to fly 1000 kilometres from Gohan's home to Satan City. Characters didn't begin to casually fly about rather use planes or the Nimbus until around the Saiyan arc. By that metric you could argue that Videl has some of the credentials needed to defeat Pamput here. Going by what we see of her in a battle it's less clear cut but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I think Videl can win this.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:28 pm Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs UIO Goku [Ep 110].
Cranberry vs Appule.
Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs. Ultra Instinct Omen Goku [Ep 110]: It depends on how you interpret Trunks' battle against Merged Zamasu and Kaioshin's statement made about Suppressed Jiren. Kaioshin does claim that Suppressed Jiren is the strongest power ever encountered but I feel that statement was made bouncing off Whis' where he claimed that Suppressed Jiren was far from using his full power. However, Trunks' Genkidama is a strong piece of evidence since it was capable of killing Merged Zamasu and the U7 Genkidama Goku used against Jiren should be much stronger. Jiren proved to be much stronger than the Genkidama and Ultra Instinct Omen Goku was on par with Jiren so I would argue that Goku wins here.

Shin vs SS Goku [Cell games]. No magic or paralysis.: Depends on how strong you view Kaioshin as but I don't believe Kaioshin is a match for the Super Saiyans. Kaioshin already expected the Super Saiyans to be stronger than him at the Budokai and the Super Saiyans proved to be tremendously stronger than what Kaioshin expected. I think Gohan was a Super Saiyan at Babidi's ship and he should be far off from Cell Games Goku. Goku wins very easily in my eyes.

Cranberry vs Appule: With not much to go off of, I would assume Appule would win solely based on him presumably being a higher ranking solider who only ranks below Zarbon, Dodoria, and Cui.

Roshi [RoF arc] vs 1st Form Freeza [Namek arc]. No Mafuba.: Hard to say. The anime and manga makes it clear that his battle experience enables him to battle against those who are much stronger than him. Android 17 did say he was quite impressive in the manga and Goku was impressed by his progress in the anime. I'm leaning towards Roshi here since 1st Form Frieza isn't that powerful by Super standards but I would have to review Roshi's battles in the anime more closely.

SS2 Kefla vs God Toppo. No Hakai and no Potara time limit.: SSJ2 Kefla was very impressive by matching Ultra Instinct Omen Goku's (116) power but I feel God Toppo should be considerably stronger. He was capable of overpowering a Vegeta who went beyond his limits to battle against Jiren (122), increased his power again which concerned Belmod on the power of Saiyans, and then multiplied his power twenty-fold to match Jiren (124) which is a power Belmod hadn't seen from Jiren in a long time. If we take what Vegeta says about Jiren's power being the strongest he's felt as of Episode 122 which includes Kefla, then it stands to reason that Toppo should be stronger.

Oozaru King Vegeta [DBS] vs Ginyu [Namek arc]. No change technique or cutting tail.: Hard to say since we don't know much about King Vegeta other than the fact that Vegeta surpassed his strength since he was a kid. I'm leaning towards Ginyu since I don't think Oozaru would put King Vegeta above Captain Ginyu and Ginyu would have a significant speed advantage on top of that.

Videl [Post Ki training] vs Pamput.: Pamput's role in the narrative is to serve as a benchmark to establish that Goku and Kuririn finally entered the superhuman level. His strength feat by punching the brick wall was comparable to TB21 Goku's after his tail had grown back against Giren. Based on that alone, I would place him above Videl who didn't seem that far above the ordinary human level.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Cranberry vs Appule.
1) Zamasu will win because of the immortality and because Sign will run out soon. That brief fight will have Goku best Zamasu in every way, he couldn't touch Vegito, he couldn't touch Trunks, he is not touching Sign.

2) Goku. Shin's only stated to be stronger than Freeza. There's a lot of room where he can fit, he clearly isn't on Buu arc's SS level, and that wasn't much different from CG's SS level. When Goku aimed at him, he didn't even attempt to stop him, just backed down like a bitch and let his worse nightmare, Buu's return to be one step closer. So, even if they were equals, he has the heart of a loser.

3) Cranberry, he showed more in the Moro arc than Appule on Namek.

4) Freeza eats him alive, like that crab on Namek.

5) Toppo was over 20x stronger than SSB. Initial SSBE Vegeta was getting nowhere, and only until his boost kicked in he got the edge. Hakaishin Toppo being 30x SSB sounds about right, assuming Geets doubled his power with his boost, that is.
SS Kefla was already pressing on SSBKK, probably a KK 10x or 20x. This isn't clear, so if her SS2 is 2x a 20-fold KK, then she should be 40x SSB and on par with the SSBE that beat Toppo.
If it was 10x, then her SS is far from Toppo.

6) Ginyu is too good of a fighter to lose against a giant ape that isn't even as strong as he is.

7) I want to say Videl, I don't think Pamput can take the beating Spopovich took.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm
7) I want to say Videl, I don't think Pamput can take the beating Spopovich took.
I second this; I don't see Pamput surviving a broken neck
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:09 pm

Lionel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:12 pm Oozaru King Vegeta [DBS] vs Ginyu [Namek arc]. No change technique or cutting tail. : Isn't King Vegeta's power level 10,000? The Oozaru form would put him close to Ginyu but not quite enough to sufficiently overpower the squad leader; this also doesn't take into account the Oozaru form's apparent lack of speed enhancement too.
Only thing we have about his power is from the old version of him. It was said that a Bardock that was almost at 10,000 was going to surpass the King soon and Vegeta telling Freeza that he already surpassed his father as a kid.
Goku9001 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 am Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs. Ultra Instinct Omen Goku [Ep 110]: It depends on how you interpret Trunks' battle against Merged Zamasu and Kaioshin's statement made about Suppressed Jiren. Kaioshin does claim that Suppressed Jiren is the strongest power ever encountered but I feel that statement was made bouncing off Whis' where he claimed that Suppressed Jiren was far from using his full power. However, Trunks' Genkidama is a strong piece of evidence since it was capable of killing Merged Zamasu and the U7 Genkidama Goku used against Jiren should be much stronger. Jiren proved to be much stronger than the Genkidama and Ultra Instinct Omen Goku was on par with Jiren so I would argue that Goku wins here.
Fused Zamasu's body was breaking down though. He also kept up with Vegetto Blue which going by Gogeta in the Broly movie, should be fucking strong.
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:03 pm 2) Goku. Shin's only stated to be stronger than Freeza. There's a lot of room where he can fit, he clearly isn't on Buu arc's SS level, and that wasn't much different from CG's SS level. When Goku aimed at him, he didn't even attempt to stop him, just backed down like a bitch and let his worse nightmare, Buu's return to be one step closer. So, even if they were equals, he has the heart of a loser.
Shin is stronger than Boo arc Piccolo though and Piccolo at the CG wasn't that far off the Cell Jrs.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Fused Zamasu scales above Kefla by virtue of Black being able to solo 1v2 Kefla's components. Kefla was able to keep up with a stronger form of UI Goku. Zamasu kills Ep. 109-10 Goku with very little problems.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:42 pm

Cranberry vs Appule.
Goku should with pretty easily here with a good Kamehameha. Zamasu was done by a Genki-Dama that should be much weaker than the ToP one, and the difference between the Genki-Dama and UI is comparable to the gap SSJ to SSJ2 as per Kefla. His only drawback is UI’s limited offense and tim, but he can get around that.

Goku returns to base and one shots.

Appule one shots. I always thought those soldiers with cannons were below the 1,000 mark. DBS Cranberry could have improved in the 15 years or so he’s been in prison, but I doubt he catches up.

Back in 2015 I’d say Freeza finger clicks, but knowing how strong Roshi is now I think he’s up there with Kuririn and Tenshinhan in RoF and wins easily.

Between changing the sky and being almost a God of Destruction, Toppo’s power seems way more impressive. He also beat up SSJBE Vegeta, who’s probably stronger than the Final Flash SSJB Vegeta fired that had Belmond saying he couldn’t believe Saiyans are so strong. So all in all, Kefla doesn’t stand a chance.

I think they’re about the same, but if anyone’s stronger it’s Ginyu. People like to point out Oozaru’s speed, but Ginyu thought 23k Goku’s body was faster than his own. Maybe he could use Goku’s full speed, but Ginyu doesn’t seem like the fast type anyway. King Vegeta literally stomps.

Pamputto was at the very top of human limits he’s probably comparable to start of RRA Saga Goku or Mummy Man. I don’t see Videl breaking a wall like that either, so the best she can do before losing is give him trouble by flying.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:42 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:09 pm
Goku9001 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 am Fused Zamasu [Corrupted] vs. Ultra Instinct Omen Goku [Ep 110]: It depends on how you interpret Trunks' battle against Merged Zamasu and Kaioshin's statement made about Suppressed Jiren. Kaioshin does claim that Suppressed Jiren is the strongest power ever encountered but I feel that statement was made bouncing off Whis' where he claimed that Suppressed Jiren was far from using his full power. However, Trunks' Genkidama is a strong piece of evidence since it was capable of killing Merged Zamasu and the U7 Genkidama Goku used against Jiren should be much stronger. Jiren proved to be much stronger than the Genkidama and Ultra Instinct Omen Goku was on par with Jiren so I would argue that Goku wins here.
Fused Zamasu's body was breaking down though. He also kept up with Vegetto Blue which going by Gogeta in the Broly movie, should be fucking strong.
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. We are evaluating Corrupted Zamasu who despite his body breaking down, actually powered up immensely due to the instability of his emotions. His body breaking down was a mere consequence of that. When evaluating the anime, Vegetto Blue is nowhere near as powerful as his manga counterpart. His manga counterpart is relatively close to Gogeta Blue and was compared to Beerus but that's clearly not the case in the anime.

If we assume:

UI Omen Goku (110) > Genkidama Explosion > U7 Genkidama > Trunks' Genkidama > Vegetto Blue Final Kamehameha > Vegetto Blue ~ Corrupted Merged Zamasu, then there's no way Merged Zamasu can win. Goku would flat-out dodge everything he has and his Kamehameha would have enough power to overcome his pseudo immortality. Only way Zamasu wins is to assume he becomes Infinite Zamasu which from there, then Goku loses since he has no way to cope.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:17 am

I used to think Zamasu was getting weaker too until I discussed this with Goku9001 a while ago. Zamasu’s deformation are more to show a physical representation of his mind than a way to nerf him for Trunks. In fact Zamasu started to get deformed when he powered up and made Goku and Vegeta fuse.

And then his feats don’t show him get any weaker. He clashes evenly with Vegetto through and comes out unscathed of the Final Kamehameha, but I think he might have dodged it since Vegetto’s blindsided punch does a lot of damage. Still, unless he got tens of times weaker in the span of a second he should be as strong as ever. Trunks jumps in and barely manages to keep himself alive. It doesn’t look much different from 17 running from Hakaishin Toppo to me. Then Zamasu gave praise to the Genki Sword, which he didn’t vs Vegetto.

As for UI Goku vs Infinite Zamasu, Goku has universal power so it’s definitely within his capabilities, but he’d probably run out of energy just to kill Zamasu’s physical body. UI only lasts a couple seconds.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:43 am

Narrative-wise, if this were a videogame, Vegito got Zamasu down to like "5%" of his health points, and Trunks just swooped in at the end to get the kill.

It was explicitly mentioned that hitting Zamasu with incredibly strong attacks in quick succession would permanently damage his regeneration. Zamasu effortlessly shrugged off Vegito's strongest attacks, but they were very taxing on his internal regeneration. Evidently, he couldn't take it anymore after Trunks hit him with the sword.

It is also worth noting that it was explicitly stated by Gowasu that Zamasu "cast off" his body. Meaning, it didn't get destroyed by Trunks. Half of his body was still immortal, after all.

In conclusion, Trunks is overrated and if he fought Zamasu at his prime, so before his regeneration got all messed up and exhausted by Vegito's attacks, then he would have gotten blitzed and oneshot.

Full Power Jiren, the "oh so mighty Jiren", got his shirt blown up by a sneak attack from 17 btw. Zamasu isn't the only antagonist who "looked weak" against fodder.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:02 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:17 am I used to think Zamasu was getting weaker too until I discussed this with Goku9001 a while ago. Zamasu’s deformation are more to show a physical representation of his mind than a way to nerf him for Trunks. In fact Zamasu started to get deformed when he powered up and made Goku and Vegeta fuse.

And then his feats don’t show him get any weaker. He clashes evenly with Vegetto through and comes out unscathed of the Final Kamehameha, but I think he might have dodged it since Vegetto’s blindsided punch does a lot of damage. Still, unless he got tens of times weaker in the span of a second he should be as strong as ever. Trunks jumps in and barely manages to keep himself alive. It doesn’t look much different from 17 running from Hakaishin Toppo to me. Then Zamasu gave praise to the Genki Sword, which he didn’t vs Vegetto.

As for UI Goku vs Infinite Zamasu, Goku has universal power so it’s definitely within his capabilities, but he’d probably run out of energy just to kill Zamasu’s physical body. UI only lasts a couple seconds.
I disagree. Shin especifically said that Fused Zamasu wasn't healing so why wouldn't he be losing power? Besides he clashes twice with Vegetto equally and one of those times it was after he grew giant so it is implied he's getting weaker and growing big was a way for him to keep up with Vegetto for the rest of the fight. The Final Kamehameha probably did weaken him a great deal since Shin said that it was the most likely reason why Goku and Vegeta were out of energy.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:11 pm

Master Roshi (TOP) vs....

1. Zarbon

2. Ginyu

3. Frieza

4. King Cold

5. Android 19 or 20

6. Android 17 or 18

7. First form Cell

8. Android 16

9. Semi Perfect Cell

10. Perfect Cell

11. Fat Buu

12. Super Buu

13. Buuhan

Basically, what is the strongest Z villain Roshi from Super could beat?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:11 pm Master Roshi (TOP) vs....

1. Zarbon

2. Ginyu

3. Frieza

4. King Cold

5. Android 19 or 20

6. Android 17 or 18

7. First form Cell

8. Android 16

9. Semi Perfect Cell

10. Perfect Cell

11. Fat Buu

12. Super Buu

13. Buuhan

Which iteration of Roshi do you mean? Be it the anime he was giving base Goku an impressive run for his money while possessed which the Saiyan himself took note of. We know this Goku could tussle with the likes of a new and improved Good Buu who had been training. As jarring as it is to say by the precedent set there anime Roshi may be able to fight Fat Buu with success. Now destroying him is another matter and could require Roshi to use a technique like the Sleepy Boy or the Mafuba. Speaking of which through the latter method Roshi could potentially defeat Super Buu as well. It's only at Buuhan where I think he has no means of winning due to Buuhan having inherent knowledge of the Mafuba Gaeshi through Piccolo.

The manga's interpretation of the humans is far more vague with less wiggle room to inflate their strength. Roshi's best physical performance outside of the absurd exchange with Jiren was leaving a noticeable impression on Kahseral before ringing him out. We know Kahseral could engage base Goku to some degree of success while cooperating with members of his team. It should be noted that base Goku is implied to be superior to Shin if their respective tolerances for Rumsshi's battle cry is an indicator. The cyborg siblings, #16, perhaps even Semi-Cell I could believe Roshi mustering up a resistance. Winning is another matter as the imitation of Ultra Instinct likely won't be enough to carry him through these powerful opponents. Again Semi-Cell might be the most I would consider and that's only because of what see from Roshi who was bludgeoning Kahseral in their brief scuffle.
Last edited by Lionel on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:11 pm Master Roshi (TOP) vs....

1. Zarbon

2. Ginyu

3. Frieza

4. King Cold

5. Android 19 or 20

6. Android 17 or 18

7. First form Cell

8. Android 16

9. Semi Perfect Cell

10. Perfect Cell

11. Fat Buu

12. Super Buu

13. Buuhan

Hand to hand he stops at Freeza. With the Mafuba he clears the list.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:02 pm
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:17 am I used to think Zamasu was getting weaker too until I discussed this with Goku9001 a while ago. Zamasu’s deformation are more to show a physical representation of his mind than a way to nerf him for Trunks. In fact Zamasu started to get deformed when he powered up and made Goku and Vegeta fuse.

I disagree. Shin especifically said that Fused Zamasu wasn't healing so why wouldn't he be losing power? Besides he clashes twice with Vegetto equally and one of those times it was after he grew giant so it is implied he's getting weaker and growing big was a way for him to keep up with Vegetto for the rest of the fight. The Final Kamehameha probably did weaken him a great deal since Shin said that it was the most likely reason why Goku and Vegeta were out of energy.
That's not implied in the least. While it's true that Zamasu's body wasn't healing due to a result of having half of his body being comprised of Goku Black, the main statement we are given is that it would allow Saiyans to overcome Zamasu so long as they can inflict enough damage to overcome his pseudo immortality. Vegeta even states that Merged Zamasu wasn't healing the moment his body deformed and it's patently obvious that Merged Zamasu had gotten stronger as he initiated a power-up and matched Vegetto Blue in power whereas Blue Goku was enough to drop kick him and Kaioken was enough to shatter his halo prior.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:35 am

Goku9001 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 am That's not implied in the least. While it's true that Zamasu's body wasn't healing due to a result of having half of his body being comprised of Goku Black, the main statement we are given is that it would allow Saiyans to overcome Zamasu so long as they can inflict enough damage to overcome his pseudo immortality. Vegeta even states that Merged Zamasu wasn't healing the moment his body deformed and patently clear that Merged Zamasu had gotten stronger and he initiates a power-up and begins to match Vegetto Blue in power whereas Blue Goku was enough to drop kick him and Kaioken was enough to shatter his halo.
Sorry, I disagree.

It's very evident to me Fused Zamasu is getting weaker while fighting Vegetto. He clashes evenly with him twice, if he isn't getting weaker then he would have beaten Vegetto after powering up with his Power Stressed form.