The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:33 pm

Kibitoshin vs. Perfect Cell

No outside help
Cell can't make Cell jrs

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:27 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:33 pm Kibitoshin vs. Perfect Cell

No outside help
Cell can't make Cell jrs

Who wins?
Normal Perfect Cell? Kibitoshin one shots him.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:49 pm

I was thinking of what potential worst-case scenarios for the major DB villains could come up which involved a massive power up for each villain. The conditions are:
1. How can the current heroes at that point of the story win? They must win.
2. How much time will it require and what resources are needed? Assume that the current heroes are given the time to prepare.

Pilaf:
Tao Pai Pai:
King Piccolo:
Vegeta:
Freeza:
Cell:
Kid Buu:
Freeza (RoF):
Zamasu:
Moro:
Gas:
Cell Max:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:49 pm I was thinking of what potential worst-case scenarios for the major DB villains could come up which involved a massive power up for each villain. The conditions are:
2. How much time will it require and what resources are needed? Assume that the current heroes are given the time to prepare.

Pilaf:
Tao Pai Pai:
King Piccolo:
Vegeta:
Freeza:
Cell:
Kid Buu:
Freeza (RoF):
Zamasu:
Moro:
Gas:
Cell Max:
Pilaf: I guess Roshi and the other super humans could mount an attack against the army. Maybe even Oozaru Goku can demolish it.
Tao: I guess Korin can tell Goku about the water and gives it to him?
Piccolo: This one is tough. I guess Devil Man can kill him with that beam of his?
Vegeta: Goku can just train on 100 times gravity and can manage something with Kaioken.
Freeza: I can't see how they can win this one. I guess Goku can take the Saiyans to the RoSaT and hope for the best.
Cell: Only way I can see Cell losing this one is if Vegeta gets a rage boost like he did with Beerus.
Boo: Boo kills everyone at Kaioshin's planet and then travels to Earth to be killed by Gohan.
Zamasu: That doesn't change anything. Zamasu is still immortal so unless they call Zeno, they all die.
Moro: Beerus kills him after leaving Zeno's place.
Gas: Freeza still kills him.
Cell Max: Nothing really changes? Krillin still blinds him allowing Gamma 2 to destroy his arm and then Gohan kills him the same way as the movie.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:46 pm

What a great idea, a breath of fresh air, really.
Almighty Majin wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:49 pm I was thinking of what potential worst-case scenarios for the major DB villains could come up which involved a massive power up for each villain. The conditions are:

Pilaf:
1- I don't see how Pilaf and his army can take out Ohzaru Goku. He was meant to conquer the planet, the only obstacle would be the Roshi-level characters, but regular armies shouldn't be a problem. But if they were, then Roshi is more than capable of ending Pilaf's reign.

2- Within a week, at most.

Tao Pai Pai:
1- His potential I guess would be around 23rd TB Tenshinhan at best, I doubt he had that much more power hidden him. I'm inclined to think he'd be as strong as 22nd TB Tenshinhan. Goku would need to lay low, train his ass off until he becomes as strong as his 22nd TB self.

2- With that goal in mind, Goku probably needs less than 3 years to reach the level needed to beat him. A little over a year maybe, if he has Roshi as his sparring partner. In any case, within a year, Goku, Roshi, Krilin and Yamcha should be able to put an end to him.

King Piccolo:
1- Tough one indeed. In Z, Kamiccolo doubles his power or so, and that was with Nail - a prodigy warrior, and after Piccolo grew incredibly strong. I think Kattatsu's son would be somewhat above BoZ Goku. Around the 500 PL mark, or so.

2- It's difficult to calculate how long it would take, because the namek would be laying low, Goku would think he had won and he would be training with Popo by the time Daimao assimilates Kami. Most likely scenario is that it cannot be done, Goku would be caught by surprise by a guy of his trust, without having a chance to defend himself, similar to Black killing Goku, Goten and Chichi. And this time Piccolo would make sure Goku is dead, and Goku is not strong enough to fight such a foe anyway.
They are still like 7 years away from Raditz heading over, who would be the one that could take the namek out. Piccolo dies but is killed by Raditz, not by Goku's friends, who probably died right after Goku.

Vegeta:
1- Vegeta would probably return to Earth when Goku is still hospitalized, and the Namek crew is already travelling to Namek, because they prioritized resurrecting their friends over Vegeta's revenge. I don't see Vegeta killing a crippled Goku that's covered in bandages. Even after Goku eats a senzu, there's no way he can close a 50x gap with KK. Not to mention, he'd be on his own, no Gohan or Krilin to save his ass now.

2- It cannot be done, SS is too much vs KK, even for a Namek Goku. His KKx10 would be 900k, while SS Vegeta would be 1,2M (he was at 24k on Namek). So, not even if Goku were to train like on his way to Namek. The only shot would be KKx20, but I'm not sure Goku's body would be able to take it or to deal enough damage to put Vegeta down. After that fleeting boost, he'd be exhausted and Vegeta would be fucking angry.

Freeza:
1- Trunks is the only shot they have. Future SS Trunks, SS Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, all jumping the Cold Family. It's too uphill for them, I think. Even if Mecha Golden Freeza is underwhelming, if he manages to be as strong as Android 18, he is more than enough to kill them all on the spot.

2- Escaping Earth with shunkanido (because Freeza will blow it up), training for at least 5 years(in-universe, it took Goku 4 years to surpass a SS) and with FPSS Goku should be able to kill Freeza. Thing is he should escape with a sparring partner, and also with the medicine Trunks brought. Otherwise, Goku dies of the heart virus. But just one sparring partner is enough. Goku trained with the weakest sparring partner in the ROSAT, so maybe if he trained with Vegeta or Trunks, he'd get there sooner.

Cell:
1- To accept 2nd form Cell can absorb SS2 Gohan then we must assume Gohan wasn't that much stronger, otherwise he would've done something about it. I can see Goku coming to terms with his awful decisions, the loss of his son, the need to fight and unlock SS2. Now, since SS2 Gohan wasn't as strong as in the main continuity, Goku should get the job done.

2- Pretty quickly, like within 5 minutes Goku should react.

Kid Buu:
1- Vegeta needs to tap into his rage, realize everything is up to him now, his family and his new homeplanet have been brought back and he must now do what Kakarotto couldn't and what he couldn't do a few days ago. It's the FPSS2 boost from BoG. He kills Buu, Kakarotto inside of Buu and Mr. Buu. And let's hope Mr. Satan doesn't complain about it or he gets killed too.
2- Seconds after Goku is absorbed, Vegeta steps up.

Freeza (RoF):
1- The thing is when does he come back? I guess Champa would draft him for the U6 tournament so they can beat Beerus and get his own Earth. How much strong could he get in such a short time? I don't think 10x stronger, so I don't think he can take on KKx10 SSB Goku. He would replace Frost, so Goku vs Freeza would be one of the first fights. It's up for grabs to say what happens between Hit and a tired Goku, and then with Hit and Vegeta. It's very possible U7 loses, even if Freeza is defeated by Goku, and Earth becomes part of U6.

2- Freeza loses after a brief but decent fight.

Zamasu:
1- They still are going to call Zeno and get done with it. They did so in the manga, where Zamasu became an army. That arc has the MCs written as little cry babies that need to call daddy.

2- It takes them as long as it takes to press the Zeno button.

Moro:
1- Vegeta needs to shunkanido immediately to Beerus' location, because he cannot access UE and Moro is out of control. Beerus needs to do his job.

2- Probably 5 minutes. Whatever amount of time it gets Geets to locate Beerus' ki.

Gas:
1- Black Freeza may need to do more than just stand still with his arm stretched out to kill Gas. Perhaps use his other hand, too. Still, Gas is hardly a threat with his new gimmicks.

2- Gas died in one page, this time he might need three pages at most.

Cell Max:
1- Somehow, they need to call the saiyans, Goku, Vegeta and Broly on Earth aiding Gohan and Piccolo should be more than enough. In fact, Goku and Vegeta can even be fucking tired like at the end of the movie, but SS Broly, Gohan and Piccolo take Cell Max out.

2- It does take a while to get in touch with the guys on Beerus' planet. I'd say in 15 minutes the threat will be over.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:26 pm

No outside help
Cell can't make Cell jrs

Who wins?
Kibitoshin powered up greatly to the point he thought he would be valuable vs Bootenks, but that's obviously he just getting the big power boost in his head rather than thinking rationally as pointed out by Elder Kaioshin. I've Shin more or less in Cell Games Goku's level, so if he got a very substantial power up, which is true, then he'd be at least very relevant, to the highest powers shown in the Cell Games imo. The fact Shin fused with Kibito, who was weaker than the base Saiyans, possibly held back the boost were Shin to fuse with someone of Boo saga SSJ tier, for instance. Still, the fact that Vegeta stood behind to battle Kid Boo while Kibitoshin didn't, sounds like a clear indication to me that Vegeta was still a more viable weapon to fight Kid Boo alongside Goku, while Kibitoshin stood in the sidelines watching. I believe Vegeta kept his Majin power up, so scaling wise, he'd be stronger than Gohan SSJ2 from the CGs, who, in turn, was above Super Perfect Cell. Still, giving the boost some credit and considering Shin was at least way above [boo saga] Piccolo initially, I'd like to bring him to Super Perfect Cell at the very least when fusing, which is a big power up to give him a sense of enthusiasm, but still is a range considerably below that of SSJ2 Vegeta.

Given that, they're on the same level of power to me. I'd go with Cell given his array of techniques, the fact he came in even more perfect than before with his Shunkan Ido and being a warrior prepared to battle with his equipped cells of the best warriors. Kibitoshin has some good techniques, like his paralysing technique typical of Gods like him and can also teleport inheriting that from Kibito, but overall Cell has more in his arsenal to come out on top to me.

Edit: just realized this is Perfect Cell, not SPC. Then I'd give it to Kibitoshin easily. Giving some credit to the power boost, I think he overcame the likes of Perfect Cell/Dabra easily and is there with Perfect Cell post his Zenkai.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:54 am

Manga SSJ2 Future Trunks (End of Black) vs Manga Android 17 (Pre-ToP)

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:10 pm

Did Trunks get stronger after sparring with Goku? Can't remember exactly. Unlike the anime in which he got that asspulled rage state, he didn't seem to play too big of an importance in fighting the strongest ones besides stalling Black so Goku and Vegeta could escape. Vs Goku, he was on par with ssj3 Goku, while 17 seemed even with ssj3 Goku as well, but later on Goku stated 17 was comparable to his and Vegeta's strength overall, without specifying states, so I guess 17 was still holding back vs Goku and Goku quickly called off the fight by revealing who he was. Gotta give it to 17 then, even more so when he was playing a big role fighting the strongest ones there and made a big impact on the tournament.

Tho man, I hated those arcs lol so my answers can't be as precise as when speaking about the original manga.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:52 pm

No outside help
Cell can't make Cell jrs

Who wins?
Kibitoshin easily. I’d say he’s low SSJ2 tiee, while Cell is between 1 and 2.

Pilaf:
Tao Pai Pai:
King Piccolo:
Vegeta:
Freeza:
Cell:
Kid Buu:
Freeza (RoF):
Zamasu:
Moro:
Gas:
Cell Max:
Pilaf Saga: They’d need a few months to gather some martial artists for the Freedom Fighters, with Oozaru Goku as their final weapon. Roshi admittedly can’t beat the RRA, so he can’t beat the military either.

Tao Pai Pai: If there’s any water left, Goku can drink it. If not, he’ll have to train for a few years.

Piccolo: I imagine this Piccolo would be as strong as Piccolo Jr in the 23rd Budokai (I have Ma Jr = 2x PD), so Goku will have to hide and train with Mr Popo for 3 years. Granted Popo probably wouldn’t leave the Lookout and Piccolo would kill him, but this is the only way I can see things working out.

Vegeta: I’m pretty sure it takes Vegeta a few weeks to go away to Freeza 79, recover and come back. Herms has a timeline detailing it. That’s enough for Goku to train in 100G, master KKx10 and then surpass 1,000,000 with it.

Freeza: This is probably 4 months after Goku returns. Goku tries Genki-Dama as a SSJ, absorbs it like against Super 13 and kills Freeza, but only if Freeza’s potential was that stunted and Vegeta unlocks SSJ to buy time, maybe dying in the process.

Cell: Goku unlocks SSJ2 when his son dies, Vegeta joins in when Trunks dies (Assuming he does, I think Cell said he shot that beam at random). They team up and kill Cell with a Final Kamehameha combo.

Boo: When Goku is absorbed, the PIS is deactivated and they remember to bring Gohan.

Zamasu: Same as canon. Goku calls Zeno.

Moro: Because Zeno likes Goku, he lets Beerus go back to Earth and finish Moro as soon as he gets the news.

Gas: Freeza still kills Elec.

Cell MAX: Gohan and Cell are locked in combat. Whis sees the messages Bulma left, Goku and Vegeta go to Earth and fuse.
GatoF wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:54 am Manga SSJ2 Future Trunks (End of Black) vs Manga Android 17 (Pre-ToP)
17 one shots. He’s almost as strong as Goku.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:02 pm

Kibitoshin vs...

DBZ Movie 8 LSSj Broli
Perfect Cell
Bojack (Transformed)
Dabra
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
SSj2 Buu Saga Goku

How far does he go?
She/Her

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:02 pm Kibitoshin vs...

DBZ Movie 8 LSSj Broli
Perfect Cell
Bojack (Transformed)
Dabra
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
SSj2 Buu Saga Goku

How far does he go?
We really can't say. I'm sure he beats the first 3 easy. Super Perfect cell sure, but dabra is above that.

He should be ss2 level at least but the way old kaioshin doesn't let him go to fight pure buu makes me think he has to be less than Vegeta, I think he's between Dabra and Vegeta. Maaaaybe below Dabra but it doesn't make sense as shin was already ss1 level.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:16 am

How would each of the following characters individually perform in the 21st and 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai? Who are the strongest contestants they would be able to defeat in general?
Oolong
Puar
Kid Chi-Chi
Ox-King
Launch
Bora
Fangs the Vampire
Invisible Man
Bandages the Mummy
Spike the Devilman
Grandpa Gohan
Mr. Satan
Videl

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:16 am

Original Gotei 13
https://youtu.be/AatkzMSkJo8
vs

SSB Goku

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:16 am Original Gotei 13
vs

SSB Goku
I'm pretty sure Goku would have this one without moving an inch. The last time I check, no one in Bleach can reach the same level as Saiyan Saga level characters (Vegeta can blow up a planet with a full ki blast).
She/Her

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:55 pm

New match:

Perfect Cell vs. Dabura vs. FP Bojack
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:32 pm

Noah wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:55 pm New match:

This is Cell before self-destructing right?

Dabura wins.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:02 pm Kibitoshin vs...

DBZ Movie 8 LSSj Broli
Perfect Cell
Bojack (Transformed)
Dabra
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
SSj2 Buu Saga Goku

How far does he go?
He’s much weaker than Majin Vegeta since he couldn’t stay behind to fight Kid Boo. I think he stops at Dabra since SPC rivals Kid Gohan who rivals Majin Vegeta.
Almighty Majin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:16 am How would each of the following characters individually perform in the 21st and 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai? Who are the strongest contestants they would be able to defeat in general?
Oolong
Puar
Kid Chi-Chi
Ox-King
Launch
Bora
Fangs the Vampire
Invisible Man
Bandages the Mummy
Spike the Devilman
Grandpa Gohan
Mr. Satan
Videl
Oolong and Puar have to bluff their way into winning by pretending to be tough fighters. Anyone who sees through that (basically any fighter who isn’t a round 1 schmuck on the preliminaries) beats them.

I think Roshi said Goku and Kuririn couldn’t enter the Tenkaichi Budokai without his training. So Chi-Chi just beats some preliminary fodder.

Ox King is very strong. I think he can beat the weaker fighters of 21st Budokai (Bacterian, Ranfan, Yamcha and maybe Giran) but doesn’t go further than that.

Launch is just a strong human who mostly uses guns. She just beats the weakest preliminary fighters.

Bora is pretty strong. I think he can beat Kuririn at the 21st Budokai, but he’s clearly far below Goku and Jackie Chun. He might have a good fight with Namu, however.

Fangs and Invisible Man should be stronger than preliminary fighters, but rely on gimmicks like Bacterian and Ranfan. Could go either way, but they for sure don’t beat anyone above Yamcha.

Mummy was stronger than 21st Budokai Goku, so he wins this tournament. Same for Akkuman, who’s even stronger and won an earlier Budokai. At the 22nd they can only beat fodder fighters like Pamputto and Man Wolf though. Same for Gohan, but Gohan mighy give Kuririn/Yamcha/Chaozu a good fight.

Satan and Videl are normal people. They may just beat the first rounds on the preliminaries.
Noah wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:55 pm New match:

Dabra is the weakest link here. He struggled with SSJ Gohan and would’ve been killed by SSJ Vegeta. It’s between Cell and Bojack, and I’m giving it to the guy with regeneration.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:06 am

Who's the strongest DB character that our real world can defeat? Like if we combine every military force.
She/Her

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:53 am

Goku as a kid could defeat one army by his own, and I don't think that adding more armies would make that much of a difference, since they can't physically attack all at the same time, but they can indeed prolong the fight, so stamina might be the biggest issue here.

Still, my guess would be someone in the low-hundreds range of power level, such as Kuririn's 206 at the beginning of Z. Goku's or Piccolo's 400+ are already overkill.

edit: I initially read your question backwards; I meant that Kuririn is the least strongest fighter who could still win. I cba to rephrase my post, though I'll add this note.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:41 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:06 am Who's the strongest DB character that our real world can defeat? Like if we combine every military force.
Magetta would be an easy victory. That's a SS-SS2 tier fighter down right there.