The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:19 am

Oozaru Gohan during the early Saiyan arc vs Demon King Piccolo arc Goku or 23rd Budokai Goku.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:57 am

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:19 am Oozaru Gohan during the early Saiyan arc vs Demon King Piccolo arc Goku or 23rd Budokai Goku.
I mean even base gohan with rage is waaaay above anything DB related, and Oozarus not only have the 10x multiplier (making Gohan like 70pl) but Oozarus are also really ragey, don't we see him fire mouth blasts in the manga even? He'd destroy anything DB.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:48 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:57 am
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:19 am Oozaru Gohan during the early Saiyan arc vs Demon King Piccolo arc Goku or 23rd Budokai Goku.
I mean even base gohan with rage is waaaay above anything DB related, and Oozarus not only have the 10x multiplier (making Gohan like 70pl) but Oozarus are also really ragey, don't we see him fire mouth blasts in the manga even? He'd destroy anything DB.
I would disagree with that. Great Ape doesn't tap into the same rage that Gohan does. It's pretty implied that the Great Ape form doesn't really benefit from the rage in terms of power and that it just makes them more predictable. Besides, even if we buff him, 23rd Budokai Goku is already much stronger and more trained so he could easily just cut off his tail, bust out the Kamehameha or even blow up the moon. Even if we use Demon King Piccolo arc Goku, he still has a tail and could transform as well so it's not like Gohan at that point is anything exceptional in terms of power.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:48 am
I would disagree with that. Great Ape doesn't tap into the same rage that Gohan does. It's pretty implied that the Great Ape form doesn't really benefit from the rage in terms of power and that it just makes them more predictable. Besides, even if we buff him, 23rd Budokai Goku is already much stronger and more trained so he could easily just cut off his tail, bust out the Kamehameha or even blow up the moon. Even if we use Demon King Piccolo arc Goku, he still has a tail and could transform as well so it's not like Gohan at that point is anything exceptional in terms of power.
There's no statment either way but the apes are angry and raging out all the time, gohan powers up when he's mad. They don't just chill and eat fruit... ehh whatever the reason he's accessing more power he's firing mouth blasts casually in DB they can only do kamehamehas with high effort.
There's a massive jump even from even BoZ to Vegeta and Nappa landing.

Also Goku doesn't remember being an ape he just let kami remove his tail.
He doesn't know how to beat them pre Vegeta fight.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:19 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:48 am

There's no statment either way but the apes are angry and raging out all the time, gohan powers up when he's mad. They don't just chill and eat fruit... ehh whatever the reason he's accessing more power he's firing mouth blasts casually in DB they can only do kamehamehas with high effort.
There's a massive jump even from even BoZ to Vegeta and Nappa landing.

Also Goku doesn't remember being an ape he just let kami remove his tail.
He doesn't know how to beat them pre Vegeta fight.
Yeah but Goku's raw power by 23rd Budokai should be enough to take him out.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:57 pm

I dunno man he's less then 300pl there.

If it's just Gohans 7x10 then yeah sure he wins by force.

But Gohans not scared and reserved. Even if he's not getting full range boosts by feats alone his mouth blasting rampage that startled Piccolo makes him a big deal. In fact the fact Piccolo felt the need to go straight for the tail rather then just karate chopping the big monkey in the neck shows he's a big deal imo.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Piccolo vs Tien, Krillin and Yamcha ( all during the end of saiyan saga, if piccolo was still a bad guy could the human trio defeat him?)

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 am

GatoF wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:32 pm Piccolo vs Tien, Krillin and Yamcha ( all during the end of saiyan saga, if piccolo was still a bad guy could the human trio defeat him?)
Hmm. Tough call. Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha were all high 1000 but Piccolo was 3000 so he should be able to quickly dismantle them. However, with one attack Krillin killed 3 Saibamen who each equaled Raditz's 1200. Plus Tien's Tribeam probably was even stronger. I think its a 50/50 sitch.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 am

GatoF wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:32 pm Piccolo vs Tien, Krillin and Yamcha ( all during the end of saiyan saga, if piccolo was still a bad guy could the human trio defeat him?)
Hmm has the gap widened or narrowed proportionally since BoZ. They've had Kami training though so the skill gap is smaller.

A kikoho with two arms might be able to do it especially if the 4 humans can wear him down slightly first too.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:28 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:13 pm Cabba vs. Gotenks (no time limit, but Gotenks is limited to SSJ2)
Huh? We have base Commeson Vegeta who is equal to base Cabba stomping SS3 Gotenks lol.
I prefer to ignore the powerscaling in that silly arc.
Your feelings for the arc are irrelevant. It's canon to the show.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:28 pm
Huh? We have base Commeson Vegeta who is equal to base Cabba stomping SS3 Gotenks lol.
I prefer to ignore the powerscaling in that silly arc.
Your feelings for the arc are irrelevant. It's canon to the show.
It's relevant because the qouted post doesn't specify whether it's anime or manga, so by saying the anime is dumb af means you know he's arguing based on the mangas scaling, or a hypothetical version of the anime that made sense.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:09 am

Honestly, this is likely the narrowest the gap ever was between the Namekian and the humans throughout the original manga. Keep in mind that Piccolo stated Gohan surpassed him if the young half Saiyan could unleash his power in a time of emotional upheaval. We know an enraged Gohan quantitatively measured at 2800. I'm inclined to put Piccolo at 2200-2500 by comparison.

The strongest of the humans here is Tenshinhan and he's estimated to have a power level of 1830 according to the Daizenshuu.

By the more conservative estimate I offered for Piccolo, Tenshinhan might be able to put up a losing fight for a time by himself but ultimately he's beaten. If you include Krillin and Yamcha then they might be able to win. It would likely entail some expert coordination with techniques and combination attacks to keep Piccolo on the defensive. They have a chance but it's certainly an uphill battle. I would compare it to the Saiyans and Piccolo all theoretically being able to defeat #18 on her own in the Android arc.

With a 2500 hypothetical power level, on the other hand, the gap seems too insurmountable for the human trio to pull off an upset victory. I'm imaging it panning out similar to the fight against Recoome. Kikoho and Kienzan are the only wild cards here.

Nodeo-Franvier

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:51 pm

Captain Ginyu vs Goku(no kaioken)
Captain Ginyu got 30% power level advantages but Goku is somehow faster, how do you think it will go?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:08 am

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:51 pm Captain Ginyu vs Goku(no kaioken)
Captain Ginyu got 30% power level advantages but Goku is somehow faster, how do you think it will go?
Was Ginyu ever using all of his strength during the fight? I don't see how Goku could win under these circumstances with such a gap absent the Spirit Bomb somehow being miraculously accomplished here.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:38 am

Full Power Grand Supreme Kai vs Beerus

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:38 am Full Power Grand Supreme Kai vs Beerus
Beerus laughs at him and the Kai evaporates.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Goku Black and Future Zamasu vs. The Galactic Bandit Brigade

How do you think this battle turn out in Trunks timeline?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:11 pm Goku Black and Future Zamasu vs. The Galactic Bandit Brigade

The only hope for the Galactic bandits is 7-3 and I'm sure Black would manage.

Well, that would be anime Black. Manga Black would get slapped like the bitch he is.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:11 pm Goku Black and Future Zamasu vs. The Galactic Bandit Brigade

Are they buffed up? If so Sanbango and 7/3 wipe the floor of the crazed duo. San was at least kaiokenx20/SsjBe level from the ToP level.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 am

A few fights here:

- Broly (Super) vs. Uub (beginning of GT)
- Gotenks-Buu vs. Vegeta (base, Resurrection F)
- Piccolo and Son Goku (beginning of Z) vs. Yajirobe (post-Kami training)
- Videl (25th Budokai) vs. Yurin.