The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 am

1) Canon villain
2) No, see, you need to have evil thoughts to be considered a villain. Broli just doesn't think in general
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:36 am

Dabra would probably just stone spit him.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:09 am

Depends on whoever's faster, really. They both have techniques that make power completely irrelevant.

If Akkuman can get in an Akkumite Beam, Dabra will go nuclear. If Dabra does... basically anything to Akkuman, Akkuman dies.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm

I think Akkuman's so much weaker than Dabra that I don't think Dabra would bother toying around and just finish him off immediately before he can even use his Akumaito Beam.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Janemba in his second form vs. Bebi Vegeta in his first form (When Bebi first infects Vegeta's body).

Rules:

- Bebi Vegeta can't transform into his other forms
- The Battle takes place in hell.

Both of them where strong enough to defeat SSj3 Goku easily, who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Janemba would get one-shotted by regular Base Vegeta, let alone any form of Vegeta-Baby.

Janemba only managed to beat Z SSjin 3 Goku, who is easily below the GT Base Saiya-jins by a large margin...
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Vegeta-Baby destroys Super Janemba easily. GT SSJ3 Goku >>> Z SSJ3 Goku.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Yakon vs Cell?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:24 am

Tarble vs. Kuririn from Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

I guess some would be wondering why I'd use Kuririn from this period. Kuririn, along with Yamcha was wearing his Gi at the party, so I think it'd be fair to assume those two have both gotten back into training. Maybe they're just doing it as a hobby at this point. Who knows? Seeing as how this is set three years after the Buu arc, though, it'd probably also be fair to assume they're somewhat stronger than they were back then.

As we know Tarble was able to survive and escape from Abo & Kado, who of course were individually as powerful as Freeza. However, we don't know which Freeza Tarble is talking about. If you believe the Frieza in question is his final form, then Tarble likely defeats with Kuririn with ease. If Tarble was talking about Freeza's first form (which IMO, he was) then we'll probably get some mixed opinions on this.

Anyway, who takes it?

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:56 am

hleV wrote:
CatouttaHell wrote:Cell would beat Vegetto by that logic so that doesn't mean anything...
Or hell, maybe he doesn't even need air.
Vegetto was turned into candy where he had no lungs and still survived.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:24 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Yakon vs Cell?
Which Cell?

He probably would explode if he tried to ear Cell's energy after he survived the self-destruction. And he doesn't stand a chance against Cell in his perfect form either.

I am not completely sure about his first and second forms however. I can see Yakon being incredible strong and weak at the same time. While Dabra couldn't believe Yakon was defeated, at the same time Goku could manage something in his regular form.

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 am

Okay another one.
M2 Rild vs Majoob

Since Majoob only took him of guard in his base form with a powerful ki blast, how will he fare against a much more powerful Rild who made Goku his bitch?
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz
'Let's hold off on the trophy Majin Boo!' Brad Swaile as Teen Gohan
http://www.youtube.com/ My channel RenewedTenjin.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 am

Majoob is both stronger than SS3 Goku and weaker than SS Goku. It's really hard to compare him to anyone.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Yakon vs Cell?
Cell should emit light energy, right? Its aura is similar to a Super Saiyan. I guess Yakon could beat Cell if it doesn't realize how to overcome Yakon's ability to absorb light.

The majuu was, after all, supposed to be the strongest in the universe.
In Brightest Day wrote:Tarble vs. Kuririn from Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Tarble is suppose to represent the opposite of Vegeta. A really, really low level Saiyan. Kuririn have long surpassed that level of power. Who knows if even Roshi couldn't beat him. :P

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 am

Yajirobe vs Hercule?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am

Mr. Satan stomps IMO.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:43 am

Mr. Satan is just a regular human. He can't break rocks or survive gun shots, like Goku could during Chapter 1.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:49 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Yajirobe vs (the H-word)?
Yajirobe was able to toy with Kuririn at Saiyan arc while eating. And he has a sword. So, he beats Satan, and easily.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:06 am

Mr. Satan is suppose to be the peak of ordinary martial artists level. Whatever you throw at him that isn't above the "human" wall as Kame-sennin once said he can probably defeat. However Yajirobe was tougher than everyone Goku ever encountered up until that time and Goku was far above the "human" wall by that time as well a major part of his opponents.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Yajirobe vs (the H-word)?
Theirs literally no way you could believe Mr. Satan could win this.