The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:10 pm

New match:

- God Broly vs. FP SSJ Broly (DBS)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:32 pm
Yuji wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:30 pm He was keeping up just fine and had the upper hand in Super Saiyan against them individually. Super Saiyan 2 would probably have been enough but ultimate seems more efficient. Depends on how strong you think SS Gohan is currently but at best, in the manga, current SS are as strong as Boo arc SS2s.
You are underrating them a lot. Base Goku was already way stronger than Shin by the Zamasu arc. Their SS forms would easily beat any version of Boo (Expect the Boo from Moro of course).
Base Saiyans could be argued to be stronger than Shin back in the Boo arc already.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:38 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 am Base Saiyans could be argued to be stronger than Shin back in the Boo arc already.
And that argument would be wrong since BoG confirms Namek Freeza > Base Goku and Shin can one shot that Freeza.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:28 pm

1. Goku (Beginning of DB) vs Beelzebub (Sand Land)
2. How would Beelzebub fare in the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai?
3. Let's say Zarbon was around to do Tagoma's training instead, who is the strongest character he'd be able to defeat in his monster form?
4. Moro arc 17 fuses with Hell Fighter 17 to become Super 17, who is the strongest character he beats now?
5. Battle Royale: Pikkon, Hit, Jiren, Merus, Granolah, Gamma 1. All equal power levels, who comes out on top?

Mr Perfect Cell

Post by Mr Perfect Cell » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:11 pm

GatoF wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:57 am (DBS) Base Broly vs (DBS) 4th form Freeza
Brolys Angry form thingy is like a great ape boost and he was holding his own against SSB Goku so Base Broly likely slams.
Beasto wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:59 pm SSjin 2 Vegeta (Pre Majin) vs Super Perfect Cell (manga)
Vegeta a lil bit stronger so it may be like a goku vs cell type fight where is close but one has a noticeable advantage.
ZombieVito wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm Android 19 [At his max against Vegeta but can't absorb more power] vs Piccolo [Start of the Android arc].
Future Trunks [Start of the Android arc and no Super Saiyan] vs Gohan and Krillin [Both start of the Android arc].
Chaoz [Android arc] vs 1st form Freeza [Namek arc].
Videl [Post Ki training] vs Ranfan.
Nappa [DBS Broly] vs Paragus [Young; DBS Broly].
Pretty close but big green cuz of him putting down 20.
Krillin has the skill and experience while gohan is closer in power to trunks so teamwork may make the dreamwork.
I kind of highball the humans but creep doll face is an exception he gets slammed.
Idk they are pretty similar in feats being above average maybe videl cuz of ki control.
That power level was when he was a ol fart so imagine his prime he prob wins with experience too.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:35 pm How stong would Piccolo be if he had his potential unleashed during the Namek saga?
He'd prob be Beyond 100% Frieza giving the same boost Gohan and Krillin got throughout all of namek.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

Yuji wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:32 pm
Yuji wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:30 pm He was keeping up just fine and had the upper hand in Super Saiyan against them individually. Super Saiyan 2 would probably have been enough but ultimate seems more efficient. Depends on how strong you think SS Gohan is currently but at best, in the manga, current SS are as strong as Boo arc SS2s.
You are underrating them a lot. Base Goku was already way stronger than Shin by the Zamasu arc. Their SS forms would easily beat any version of Boo (Expect the Boo from Moro of course).
Base Saiyans could be argued to be stronger than Shin back in the Boo arc already.
Only by morons.

The ss forms are multipliers.
Goku and vegeta point out they surpassed ss2, but not by much as a few pages later Piccolo refers to cg ss2 gohan and ss2 majin vegeta as in the same ballpark.

Piccolo was far above the base saiyans in the cg games, and has trained since, and he is explicitly a good chunk below Shin.

Shin can hold ss2 gohan, chaozu could not hold Nappa, but even if we assume his tk is more advanced we still have his performance against fat buu being equal or better to ss1/2 HS gohan who's still waaaay stronger than the base goku and vegeta.

There's just zero chance this is true.

The only “evidence" is
1. Vegeta agreeing to no ssj at the tournament despite piccolo and 18 being there. This ignores that:
A) He's only hoping to fight gohan and then goku, and might get lucky matching them and avoiding the others.
B) He's forgot about the other two or is being insanely arrogant, lowballing them or just assuming they will hold back to the same level.
C) He's lying to shut them up and fully prepared to go ss if needed.
2. People simultaneously taking a guidebook statement that goten equals gohan (and implicitly kid trunks stronger) despite gohan saying they “*will* surpass him IF he doesn't train”.
AND 18 being surprised by the kids power as in fear of it.
So by insanely wanking the kids power you can wank the adult saiyans despite the stuff I pointed out in the start of the post.

And this is ignoring bog stating base goku still can't beat freeza.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:28 pm 1. Goku (Beginning of DB) vs Beelzebub (Sand Land)
3. Let's say Zarbon was around to do Tagoma's training instead, who is the strongest character he'd be able to defeat in his monster form?
4. Moro arc 17 fuses with Hell Fighter 17 to become Super 17, who is the strongest character he beats now?
5. Battle Royale: Pikkon, Hit, Jiren, Merus, Granolah, Gamma 1. All equal power levels, who comes out on top?
Can't remember beelzebubs feats but he gets beaten up by a grasshopper think he's classic jaco era jaco than goku.

Can beat anyone but roshi goku and kuririn and maybe yamcha.

If we assume he gets as strong in base monster form wasnt that great. fat buu Ss3 gotenks or ultimate gohan can take him.
Ss2 gohan is above him. Ss1 gohan might be enough.

I mean the gt 17 doesn't add much but I guess ultimate Piccolo or ultimate gohan?

5. Merus if he has ui, otherwise hit for his moves.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:48 pm

Almighty Majin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:28 pm 1. Goku (Beginning of DB) vs Beelzebub (Sand Land)
3- Assuming Tagoma was back then, as strong as your run of the mill Appule, that is x10-ish weaker than Zarbon, then he'd be that much stronger than RoF Tagoma. He probably can beat that rusty SS Gohan without transforming, and as a monster, I guess he'd be stronger than Majin Vegeta, SS2 Goku, Dabura, the non-rusty SS Gohan, SP Cell, but I doubt he could beat Majin Buu...

4- The boost they got in GT was way above the sum of their parts, so if the same applies here but with god level androids, Super 17 would be comparable to blue fusion. Probably on Broly's level, I guess S17 could take on Cell Max on his own.

5- Jiren is the best fighter of them all, Hit has his time skip ability which Jiren has seen through, and Granny is a sniper only... I think Jiren will take this, if not Hit will.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 am

SS2 Future Gohan (manga) vs Future 17
SS2 Future Gohan (anime) vs Future 17 and 18
SS2 Future Gohan (anime) vs Future Imperfect Cell

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:13 am

Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 am SS2 Future Gohan (manga) vs Future 17
So 17 didn't use half his power last time, but did use more this time to beat Gohan, so Gohan was above 50% 17 now, SS2 is a 2x multiplier so Gohan simply.

In the anime he fought both a bit, so I guess ss2 can take em.

We aren't really sure how strong cell is, he absorbed human over a longer period of time but there were less humans to start with, and his only feat is killing trunks.

But Cell is alone, I'd say in the anime he can win, but in the manga he can't quite, as the trunks he killed was equal to or stronger than the Gohan who lost to 17.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Gohan loses all 3.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm Android 19 [At his max against Vegeta but can't absorb more power] vs Piccolo [Start of the Android arc].
Future Trunks [Start of the Android arc and no Super Saiyan] vs Gohan and Krillin [Both start of the Android arc].
Chaoz [Android arc] vs 1st form Freeza [Namek arc].
Videl [Post Ki training] vs Ranfan.
Nappa [DBS Broly] vs Paragus [Young; DBS Broly].
Piccolo wins. He humiliated the stronger Android 20.

Trunks, but the duo might put up a fight.

Freeza blows him up. Even saying Kuririn surpassed 1st form Freeza is generous.

I'll say Videl because Ranfan is overrated.

I feel like Nappa had the higher ranking since he hangs out with the royal family, so I guess he's stronger.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:35 pm How stong would Piccolo be if he had his potential unleashed during the Namek saga?
Before fusing with Nail, I think he could be in the low millions. After fusing with Nail there's a good chance he might take out Freeza.
Problably Beelzebub. BoS Goku has some very basic feats.

I can see him winning it.

Assuming they have similar potential, they should both be way above Piccolo. But if even Ginyu drawing out Tagoma's power was still no match for SSJ Gohan, I imagine Monster Zarbon would fare even worse.

I have no idea how 17's fusion works. Assuming the 17s in GT were equals, they went from Base Vegeta level to at least beyond SSJ level. For DBS 17 that means he can beat UI Sign Goku at the very least.

This is an interesting battle royale so I'd like to rank them all. Hit should win, but Merus is a close second. UI should help him predict Hit's movements even better than Goku did in the U6 tournament. Paikuhan has some cool moves that could place him above the rest. Jiren, Granolah and Gamma 1 have the most basic skillset, but I think Jiren is the best of the 3. His fighting style is really bland, but he's got that hype as the greatest mortal. Gamma 1 should be better than Granolah since the later is a total noob.
Manga Gohan is roughly 50% of Future 17. They'd be really close, but I think 17 wins since he has both arms and infinite stamina.

Anime Gohan is a total beast. I think he's comparable to Android Saga SSJs. That means he easily kills the twins as a SSJ2, but I'm not sure if he's reaching Cell. Probably not.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:35 pm

Bardock [DBS] vs Appule.
Galactic King vs Kid Vegeta.
Guldo [No psychic abilities] vs Nappa.
Tagoma [Pre Training] vs Dodoria.
18 [ToP arc] vs Frost [ToP arc].

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:37 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:35 pm Bardock [DBS] vs Appule.
1. Going by his fight against Gas in the flashback I think Bardock will just power through and beat him up. I think Bardock has this.
2. I personally have Galactic King weaker than first form Freeza, but above the Ginyu Force so I go with him.
3. Guldo should still be stronger I think.
4. Tagoma and Shisami were said to be relative to Zarbon and Dodoria by Sorbet, but Freeza scoffed at the idea. Dodoria seems more ruthless and willing to end the fight quickly so I go with Dodoria.
5. Frost was still considered stronger than Piccolo during this arc so I go with him.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:08 pm

1. Ultimate Piccolo vs Ikari Broly
2. Gamma 1 & 2 vs Ultimate Piccolo, Android 17, Android 18, SSJ3 Gotenks and Majin Buu
3. Initial Imperfect Cell vs Pre-hyperbolic time SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Future Trunks

Which characters could GT Pan beat in the tournament of power?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 pm

GatoF wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:08 pm 1. Ultimate Piccolo vs Ikari Broly
2. Gamma 1 & 2 vs Ultimate Piccolo, Android 17, Android 18, SSJ3 Gotenks and Majin Buu
3. Initial Imperfect Cell vs Pre-hyperbolic time SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Future Trunks

1. Going by manga: Piccolo, Toriyama continuity: probably Broly
2. Piccolo was already comparable to Gamma 2, 17 shouldn't be too far off, if we're going by Moro arc standards then 18 and Buu are close as well. I get the feeling that SSJ3 Teen Gotenks is on that level as well. So I give it to the team.
3. I think Cell might be smart and crafty enough to get the jump on one of them and drain their life, then finish the other.
4. Pan can probably beat anyone that the humans were able to in the ToP.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:23 am

1) Piccolo should take this since he's way more skilled than Broly.
2) Gammas win. 18, Gotenks and Boo get finger flicked while Piccolo and 17 get beaten after some time.
3) While Cell was stronger than Vegeta, he wasn't that much stronger so he falls to the father and son team.
4) I have no idea how strong GT Pan is but she has to beat everyone the humans defeated at the bare minimum.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:32 am

2nd grade ssj Vegeta vs 3rd grade ssj Trunks

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:40 pm

Time for some wacky fun. Going to do Budokai 1 what-if characters.

1. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc) (SSJ) vs Goku (100x Gravity Training) (has access up to Kaioken x10)
2. Freeza (Namek Arc) (100% with no stamina drain) (Immortal) vs Future Gohan (SSJ)
3. Cellin vs Tien (no Kikoho)
4. Mr. Satan (Legend of Satan) vs Gohan (Cell Games) (SSJ2)

For context:
1. This version of Vegeta won against Goku, Gohan, and Krillin in the Saiyan arc and then became a Super Saiyan at the end of the story.
2. This version of Freeza seemed to have better control over his full power and managed to beat SSJ Goku on Namek and then he gained immortality from Porunga.
3. This version of Cell absorbed Krillin and barely managed to defeat Yamcha, but was finished off by Tien who used a (likely) Shin Kikoho.
4. This version of Mr. Satan was legit strong and actually defeated the entire Dragon Team and Perfect Cell in the Cell Games.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:35 pm Bardock [DBS] vs Appule.
They're about the same. Bardock barely wins since I imagine he's the better fighter [s]and has asspull power too.[/s]

I have Galactic King at 10k since he can destroy planets. I don't think Vegeta is up there yet, would be weird if Vegeta obtained the bulk of his adult power as a 5 year old. I have Kid Vegeta at 6-9k. Just for extra info, I heard a new DBZ: Kakarott has Kid Vegeta call Z Bardock weak, but idk the context behind that.

I have Guldo at 10k too, so he wins somehow.

They're about the same. I can see this one being a tie since we don't know who's the better fighter.

Frost > Piccolo > 18. Frost one shots.

1. I imagine they're about the same. Piccolo barely wins since he's the better fighter.
2. The Gammas win. Piccolo was a step behind them, and so was 17 since the Gammas are called the strongest androids. 18, SSJ3 Gotenks and Boo are too weak to make a difference. Though by modern DB logic they might turn the tides (18 and Kuririn injured Cell Max!) so who knows.
3. Cell hid from Vegeta when he passed by, so although Cell is stronger it's not by a lot. Vegeta and Trunks can take him together if Vegeta is willing to cooperate.

Not sure how strong BoGT Pan is exactly, but Evil Dragons Saga Pan is on Base Goku's tier. Still one shot fodder as we see vs Nova Shenron, but she played a key role vs Oceanus Shenron. Since GT Goku >>> Buuhan, let's say Pan is Buuhan level. She can take a good chunk of the ToP: People the humans defeated, all of U9, most of U10, there's lots of fodder characters here. She might even take out Base level characters like Pride Troopers or Ribrianne, but that's as far as she goes.
Almighty Majin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:40 pm Time for some wacky fun. Going to do Budokai 1 what-if characters.

1. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc) (SSJ) vs Goku (100x Gravity Training) (has access up to Kaioken x10)
2. Freeza (Namek Arc) (100% with no stamina drain) (Immortal) vs Future Gohan (SSJ)
3. Cellin vs Tien (no Kikoho)
4. Mr. Satan (Legend of Satan) vs Gohan (Cell Games) (SSJ2)

For context:
1. This version of Vegeta won against Goku, Gohan, and Krillin in the Saiyan arc and then became a Super Saiyan at the end of the story.
2. This version of Freeza seemed to have better control over his full power and managed to beat SSJ Goku on Namek and then he gained immortality from Porunga.
3. This version of Cell absorbed Krillin and barely managed to defeat Yamcha, but was finished off by Tien who used a (likely) Shin Kikoho.
4. This version of Mr. Satan was legit strong and actually defeated the entire Dragon Team and Perfect Cell in the Cell Games.
1. So this Vegeta won on Earth but didn't get a Zenkai? I guess so because then he'd be 900k just like Goku. In this case I think Vegeta wins since Kaio-Ken is strainful and only usable in bursts.
2. Freeza is going to win. There's no beating immortals without mafuba or total erasure.
3. Well if he barely defeated Yamcha then Tenshinhan beats him without Kikoho. Yamcha admits he's by far the weakest Z Fighter when he takes Goku home in the Androids Saga.
4. Going by his hype, Mr Satan defeated even Majin Boo and Beebus. Gohan stands no chance.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!