Vegeta's "Galick Gun"...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 am

Leotaku wrote:
I just wonder why a (relatively) insignificant attack that was used in one battle is pimped so thoroughly in the video games...
Maybe it's in the games to give Vegeta a special attack while not in SSJ? I dunno. Cause most of his other attacks, like Big Bang Attack and Final Flash, were learned AFTER SSJ.
Wasn't it also used during a fight with Cell in the anime? I don't recall very well, but I think Cell used it against someone.
I do recall Trunks mentioning something about his father's Galick Gun during the Cell Saga, near the time when USSJ vegeta was taking on second form Cell, so it's possible it was used then. But that's from the dub, so take it for what it's worth.
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:51 am

Yes, second-form Cell used it against USSJ Vegeta and it didn't even scratch him.
Who said life isn't a game?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:53 am

Leotaku wrote:
I just wonder why a (relatively) insignificant attack that was used in one battle is pimped so thoroughly in the video games...
Maybe it's in the games to give Vegeta a special attack while not in SSJ? I dunno. Cause most of his other attacks, like Big Bang Attack and Final Flash, were learned AFTER SSJ.
Wasn't it also used during a fight with Cell in the anime? I don't recall very well, but I think Cell used it against someone.
Yes, Cell was charging it to use on Vegeta. I can't remember if he ever did or not.

As for your statement, Leotaku. It's not entirely correct. While Vegeta didn't use the BBA until after he'd become a Super Saiya-jin he used the Final Flash (although unnamed at the time) on Namek.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:23 pm

As for your statement, Leotaku. It's not entirely correct. While Vegeta didn't use the BBA until after he'd become a Super Saiya-jin he used the Final Flash (although unnamed at the time) on Namek.
You're positive? When was that? I thought the first time he used it was during that long charging up sequence for it (I've only watched the anime, and haven't read the manga, so that's what I'm going on), which was I think when he used it to blow off a chunk of Cell. Don't remember too well though.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:39 pm

It was the attack used on Recoome, that destroyed his armor and provided us with the horrible image of a muscular guy in a ripped jumpsuit, saying "Hiii!" with an ambiguous pose and a wide grin.

The attack itself WAS similar to Final Flash, however Vegeta started charging visible energy before putting his hands together and the fingers were wide-spread, not partially clenched.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:49 pm

You can't site the minor differences as making it a different attack though. Otherwise we've seen Goku use a billion of them due to the ways he's done the Kamehameha. We've seen him charge while his hands are cupped at his side, charge after he pushes his arms forward, shoot it from this feet, etc... It's all varriations of one move. Same goes with the two uses of the Final Flash.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Bah, spout what you will but I'm of the school of belief that until it's officially named the first time, it's just some meaningless ki blast.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:32 am

Fuujin wrote:It was the attack used on Recoome, that destroyed his armor and provided us with the horrible image of a muscular guy in a ripped jumpsuit, saying "Hiii!" with an ambiguous pose and a wide grin.
Hmm...I wouldn't remember that. I haven't watched the Namek episodes for ages. :P

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:15 pm

Xyex wrote:Yes, Cell was charging it to use on Vegeta. I can't remember if he ever did or not.
Yes, he did fire it, and it didn't put a scratch to Vegeta.
Who said life isn't a game?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:31 pm

There's not a whole lot I can add that hasn't already been stated above. Traditionally, "Big Bang Attack" and "Final Flash" are attributed as new attacks to Vegeta only after he's become Super Saiya-jin. That's not to say this attack couldn't have been the basis for the eventual-finished "Final Flash," blah blah blah...

But it's not given a name, and it's just kinda there. Not every attack in the series has a name :D.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:10 pm

Your first image doesn't show :? (maybe it's just me)

From what I've seen that attack is basically the Final Flash with a few differences. This could have just been Vegeta improvising then later he realised that this was a good attack so kept it and improved on it (at which point he named it)
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:58 pm

askani son wrote:Your first image doesn't show :? (maybe it's just me)
I fixed it. File permissions were fine, but something wasn't letting Mike hotlink, so I set 'em again. Shouldn't be a problem, now. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Um now it's the first two. (I say again, maybe [this time] it's just me)
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 pm

askani son wrote:Um now it's the first two. (I say again, maybe [this time] it's just me)
Perhaps it is. Anyways, er... back on topic. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:50 pm

If it's not too much trouble, could someone screencap Cell using Garlic Ho?

EDIT: Ummm... Julian? You might want to post something quickly. Your count is 666... don't wanna be cursed! (kidding of course)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!