Has the DBZ Specialty Store screwed me or what!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Has the DBZ Specialty Store screwed me or what!

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:20 am

I ordered the first four "Best of DBZ" Bruce Faulconer CDs from the DBZ Specialty Store (www.japanimation.com/dbz) but it's been a long time. First off, when I placed the order, for some inscrutable reason I didn't receive an email with an order number. I called about two weeks ago and asked what the crap is going on, and gave them my name. I was then told that my order was shipped out. But that was two weeks ago, and I only live two states away from their store!! What the hell is taking them so long?
Oh, it gets better. I called just a couple of days ago and was told that there were absolutely no orders under my name! I think I may have been screwed out of 60-plus dollars (that may not be a lot to some of you, but I don't make very much money, and to me, $60 is a helluva lot to lose). If the package got lost in the mail, I'll be deep-fried upset!
And, to top it all off, whenever I contact them by email (songoku@japanimation.com) I *NEVER* get a response. So my question is, does anyone know something I don't about this place, like an alternate email address I could send my complaint to so that it'll get ANSWERED?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:30 am

How did you have your order shipped? If you had it shipped via media mail even if your only 2 states away you could be waiting up to a month (depends how close your shipper is to a major source for media mail).

I once had something similar happen with Deep Discount DVD (order was charged but never shipped) and so I had to sort it out over the phone, luckily they were very professional about it.

I'd giveup on the email contact if I was you, in my experience it's the last thing companies respond to, if at all, in the end you might just end up having to be more assertive on the phone.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:45 am

Do you have an account there? Can you check "items bought in the last year" or something like that? Usually online stores have an account set up for you where you can track the progress of your order (like "on order, processing credit card, in shipping process, shipped", etc.). There has to be a record of the transaction somewhere on the website.

Anyways, if they say the order's been shipped out, then I'm sure it's been shipped. When you called a couple days ago, they might have been checking for open orders under your name (a shipped package would be a closed order). Sometimes it just takes a while for stuff to get shipped, especially if they're stopping off everywhere along the way (which isn't uncommon). What was the shipping estimate when you ordered the package (if it was 3-4 weeks, then it will likely take that long, regardless of how close you live). But if it was 4-10 days, then you are entitled to a shipping refund.

In the future, just try to save all records of the transaction until you've recieved your package. Make sure you get confirmations for everything as well. For the time being, all I can tell you to do is to call them and make it very clear what information you want, but I'm sure that it's being shipped right now and is just taking a little longer than you expected.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:39 am

About a year ago I ordered the Namek Saga VHS box set from the DBZ Specialty Store. After about 3 or 4 weeks without out seeing it, they told me I would have it within 2 weeks, I e-mailed them about it. About a week later they respnded and told me it out of print and that they hadn't had any instock for months. They said my order was cancelled already (without telling me) and asked if I wanted my money refunded. They were going to keep my money! They did tell me they had the nine tapes of the set individually but wouldn't give me the box set price which by the way was about $50 cheaper. I told them to refund my credit card and decided not to do business with them anymore. The next day I got a phone call at 9pm, it was some woman, who spoke very broken english and was hard to understand, from the store telling me they found one box set in stock and asked me if I still wanted it. I told them yes and they said they would ship it immediately. Four weeks later I finally got my order. All in all it was a bad experiance and I'm not ordering anything from them again and I recommend that no one else does either.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:52 am

This is a "store" that sells bootlegs, so I really can't give more advice than that...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:31 pm

DBZ Specialty Store, you say? If that's the one from japanimation.com, I ordered some Dragon Ball tankoubon and Kanzenbans from there several months ago. It took forever for them to come; eager for my purchases, I checked the status of my order and it kept saying it would arrive in a couple weeks. But after a month they called me asking me to choose another item over one that I previously ordered because it was unavailable--meaning it was a month before they even checked my order. It came eventually though.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:54 am

Still hasn't come.
Shiz, I wish they had given me a tracking number...
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Entropy

Post by Entropy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:36 am

kenisu3000 wrote:Still hasn't come.
Shiz, I wish they had given me a tracking number...
At least from my experience, they only give you a tracking number with EMS.
This is because it is the only service whose database is constantly updated.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:48 pm

This is kind of funny, as I ordered some of the US Viz DBZ "Comics" back around 1998 or 1999 - and it came flawlessly very fast. Well almost flawlessly - they gave me two of the same comic instead of one of the ones I had ordered. but I reported it and they let me keep the extra comic they gave me twice and sent me the one they left out even faster. It saddens me to hear that they've let down their quality, but it doesn't surprise me sicne they started carrying bootlegs.
-Laserkid