Galick Gun in Video games

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Galick Gun in Video games

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm

How come in almost every DBZ video game on the home consoles one of Vegeta's main attacks is the Galick Gun even though he only uses it once in the entire series? I've always thought it was weird especially after I read the manga.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Re: Galick Gun in Video games

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Same as the Big Bang Attack or Final Flash, its a memorable and popular attack.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 pm

And it's not like Vegeta has any specific attacks he used more than once.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 am

Vegeta used Final Flash at least twice.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

hleV wrote:Vegeta used Final Flash at least twice.
In the anime, yeah.
But Final Flash is more of a last resort attack, hence it being an ultimate in most games.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm

When was that second time?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Adamant wrote:When was that second time?
I seem to remember him yelling out "Final...!" while fighting Goku after the Majin charm.

Did he ever use it in DBGT, or had it moved onto the Final Shine Attack entirely by then...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
I seem to remember him yelling out "Final...!" while fighting Goku after the Majin charm.

Did he ever use it in DBGT, or had it moved onto the Final Shine Attack entirely by then...?
He used it in episode #184 against a Cell Junior, too!
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Wow, I never realized that Vegeta didn't use Final Flash against Cell Junior in the manga.
In any case, games are mostly based on anime.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Vegeta used FF against Suppressed Cell, and against Super Perfect Cell. That's it... His move against Reecome does look like an Early Final Flash though as well...

Vegeta used BBA against 19, and against 18 I believe, not 100% on the 18 one though...

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 pm

He definitely used Final Flash on the Cell Junior. I am sure he did in the manga. But I do believe he uses it in the fight with Goku in the Boo arc but I'm not certain. I do not have the Boo arc in manga form at the moment :(.
-zach

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 pm

vegetaslegacy15 wrote:He definitely used Final Flash on the Cell Junior. I am sure he did in the manga. But I do believe he uses it in the fight with Goku in the Boo arc but I'm not certain. I do not have the Boo arc in manga form at the moment :(.
He doesn't use it in either of those instances, because the manga versions are much shorter than the anime counterparts. The Cell Junior portion of the manga doesn't have any of the Z fighters fire an attack at the little devils as far as I remember, only punches (and Vegeta is the only one to land a hit). As for the Majin Vegeta battle, there really isn't anything to it besides dialogue in the manga, most of the actual fighting is padding/filler in the anime.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
vegetaslegacy15 wrote:He definitely used Final Flash on the Cell Junior. I am sure he did in the manga. But I do believe he uses it in the fight with Goku in the Boo arc but I'm not certain. I do not have the Boo arc in manga form at the moment :(.
He doesn't use it in either of those instances, because the manga versions are much shorter than the anime counterparts. The Cell Junior portion of the manga doesn't have any of the Z fighters fire an attack at the little devils as far as I remember, only punches (and Vegeta is the only one to land a hit). As for the Majin Vegeta battle, there really isn't anything to it besides dialogue in the manga, most of the actual fighting is padding/filler in the anime.
Oh wow i feel stupid now :p.
-zach

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I was always a bit annoyed by this. It should've been early Vegeta's ultimate, not a super. And it seemed weird that his later stages had it... like in one game he had it in Super Saiyan 2. What the hell? :lol: If anything, they should've recolored it blue or yellow and had him not yell anything or something.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:57 am

Thanos wrote:I was always a bit annoyed by this. It should've been early Vegeta's ultimate, not a super. And it seemed weird that his later stages had it... like in one game he had it in Super Saiyan 2. What the hell? :lol: If anything, they should've recolored it blue or yellow and had him not yell anything or something.
What else could they use for his signature attack, then?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 pm

...which comes back to the point of which, It's one of his popular and memorable attacks hell, it was his FIRST memorable attack...that was canon.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:

Nope. He only used the Final Shine attack.

As for Vegeta's attacks, the one attack that he really use the most is the Qi balls barrage.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:...which comes back to the point of which, It's one of his popular and memorable attacks hell, it was his FIRST memorable attack...that was canon.
I think one of the things that made it stand out was Goku said that he was using an attack that was very similar to his Kamehameha.

Wait... now that I think about it, that might've been a dub line.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:40 am

Travis Touchdown wrote:
SRB2Unleashed wrote:...which comes back to the point of which, It's one of his popular and memorable attacks hell, it was his FIRST memorable attack...that was canon.
I think one of the things that made it stand out was Goku said that he was using an attack that was very similar to his Kamehameha.

Wait... now that I think about it, that might've been a dub line.
Well it was in the Kai dub and that script is almost exactly like the japanese one so...it might've been an original line.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:01 am

VegettoEX wrote:

Baby used it when he had Vegeta under his control if that counts.