Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kibito_Kai

Re: Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by Kibito_Kai » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 pm

I'd rather see them put out Dragon Box and Dragon Box GT before a reissue of these. I'm totally against reissues because its just a slap in the face to the people who bought it the first time around. Knowing Funimation it wouldn't surprised me to see that happen though.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 pm

dprez wrote:Capitalist idealism that shits all over the little man...
Welcome to reality...? I don't know what else to say about this. You do realize that the world works this way, right? Unless you want to take a note from Marxism and of course, you know that doesn't work in the real world! Besides, as I've said before, there was a near two year gap to buy these releases...

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 pm

So not reality bro...

This is why the world is such a shitty place for so many people...they never try to change anything and just accept things the way they are without even considering the nonsense of it all!

lol but w/e... I honestly don't mind paying for Box 2 at it's inflated price. It's well worth it imo.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:54 pm

dprez wrote:So not reality bro...

This is why the world is such a shitty place for so many people...
Shitty or not, this is how it is. You think FUNimation (or any company for that matter) really gives a shit about us fans. I've said this before and I'll say it again; they just see us as bags of money ripe for picking! And I do believe that FUNi will re-release these sets as bargain sets later on, there's plenty of money to be made.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:03 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:

This is why the world is such a shitty place for so many people...
Shitty or not, this is how it is. You think FUNimation (or any company for that matter) really gives a shit about us fans. I've said this before and I'll say it again; they just see us as bags of money ripe for picking! And I do believe that FUNi will re-release these sets as bargain sets later on, there's plenty of money to be made.

Yep. Money money money money!!! That's the way of it all.

That will actually not be such a bad thing, them re-releasing these in single sets ( Especially to the peeps who couldn't get one or two of the boxes ), although I seriously doubt they will do this.

If these are already limited prints, and Box two is practically gone, and knowing how hard it was for them to get these at all, it seams strange that they would re-release them in single sets. I know fans would buy them even if they already have the complete DBox set ( Which seams utterly ridiculous to me, but hey, collectors will be collectors.), but these box sets seam like the one and only release of the coveted Dragon Boxes we will see.

Of course, these being a limited release could be a ploy for them to just re-release them later in smaller sets. Those greedy bastards...

This is Funimation, so who knows, but I doubt anymore variations of the Z DragonBxes will ever be released.

My last hope, Dragon Box: The Movies

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 am

This is why the world is such a shitty place for so many people...they never try to change anything and just accept things the way they are without even considering the nonsense of it all!

lol but w/e... I honestly don't mind paying for Box 2 at it's inflated price. It's well worth it imo.
The problem is people HAVE tried to change the system and ended up making even worse ones. Capitalism is the worst system in the world except all the other ones we've come up with. ;)
-Laserkid

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:Besides, as I've said before, there was a near two year gap to buy these releases...
That is true. I have no idea why people are panicking about this right now, when it was already established a long time ago that DBox 2 was disappearing and reappearing quite frequently on amazon and rightstuf. That combined with the fact that it has been speculated from the beginning that this would be a limited release should have driven anybody that actually wanted these releases to go and buy them. I mean like you said, 2 years is more than enough time to save for these and buy them.
Krycek7o2 wrote:...And I do believe that FUNi will re-release these sets as bargain sets later on, there's plenty of money to be made.
Now that I don't agree with. I think they did the Dragon Boxes just to shut up the multitudes of pissed off fans that weren't happy about the orange bricks. The Dragon Boxes are said and done. Now they can move on to better things........ like the blu-rays. Excluding potential Dragon Box releases, the movies and Kai, I doubt we'll see any more DBZ DVD releases from Funimation.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm

dprez wrote:If you are willing to screw over others who are stressing to start their collection now, go ahead.

This is probably why DBox 2 is nowhere to be found at its original price.

Just wait till I get all mine then go right ahead :lol:

But seriously, why do this? Just to make some extra cash for yourself while screwing over someone who wasn't able to buy it at it's true price before-hand, and are now forced to over pay for it...
Wow. You have a poor understanding of how things work. So, if you invest money in the stock market towards your retirement and it appreciates in value, you'll only accept the money you invested and reject all the gains? If not, you're a hypocrite.

Besides, we're talking about something that's been around for what, a year? (Edit: Almost two years, it came out in February of 2010!) And it was announced, earlier this year I believe (maybe last year), that it was a limited item. And for the most part, it's been available in mass quantities and usually on sale (I got mine from RightStuf for $30 just a couple of months ago, I believe). So, really, I feel no pity for people paying inflated costs. If we were talking about medical supplies, food or some other necessity, then sure. I'd agree that it was fucked up.

But it's DragonBall Z. On DVD. That is bound to be re-released (sans swag, I'm sure). If I want the collector's edition of something that sold out, I have to pay a premium on the original price. Why? Because it was a collector's edition. And collectors want it. Therefore, I have to pay more than they would. If someone is stupid enough to pay $100+ for this set...well, here they probably are spending mommy and daddy's money if we're being perfectly honest. ;p

(Besides, as someone who bought the Japanese DragonBoxes almost a decade ago...complaints about the price, inflated or no, just make me laugh.)
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
dprez wrote:If you are willing to screw over others who are stressing to start their collection now, go ahead.

This is probably why DBox 2 is nowhere to be found at its original price.

Just wait till I get all mine then go right ahead :lol:

But seriously, why do this? Just to make some extra cash for yourself while screwing over someone who wasn't able to buy it at it's true price before-hand, and are now forced to over pay for it...
Wow. You have a poor understanding of how things work. So, if you invest money in the stock market towards your retirement and it appreciates in value, you'll only accept the money you invested and reject all the gains? If not, you're a hypocrite.

Besides, we're talking about something that's been around for what, a year? (Edit: Almost two years, it came out in February of 2010!) And it was announced, earlier this year I believe (maybe last year), that it was a limited item. And for the most part, it's been available in mass quantities and usually on sale (I got mine from RightStuf for $30 just a couple of months ago, I believe). So, really, I feel no pity for people paying inflated costs. If we were talking about medical supplies, food or some other necessity, then sure. I'd agree that it was fucked up.

But it's DragonBall Z. On DVD. That is bound to be re-released (sans swag, I'm sure). If I want the collector's edition of something that sold out, I have to pay a premium on the original price. Why? Because it was a collector's edition. And collectors want it. Therefore, I have to pay more than they would. If someone is stupid enough to pay $100+ for this set...well, here they probably are spending mommy and daddy's money if we're being perfectly honest. ;p

(Besides, as someone who bought the Japanese DragonBoxes almost a decade ago...complaints about the price, inflated or no, just make me laugh.)

O hush. Like I give a damn anyway that you totally missed my point.....

Who's complaining bro. His idea was just very dickish... as are you apparently

I'm a hippy bro. Fuck the establishment, capitalism, religion and all that shit that controls the masses. I've just opened my eyes.

I could give two shits about the way things work. The world is gonna self-implode in the future. There ar ejust to many stupid people. I don't burden anybody with my actions. America as a whole is pretty stupid, and you seamed to enjoy telling me about "the way things are". Fuck that dude. I don't give a shit. :wink:

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 am

dprez wrote:Who's complaining bro. His idea was just very dickish... as are you apparently
Apparently? Nah, I'm a dick without question. You've obviously never talked to me before or read my posts. :P
I'm a hippy bro. Fuck the establishment, capitalism, religion and all that shit that controls the masses. I've just opened my eyes.
Aww, that's cute. You're what, 15? And you think you're a "hippy" (sp)? That's downright adorable. I take it you watched a special on Woodstock (the original, not the shitty one from the 90's), Forrest Gump or maybe some reruns of "That 70's Show" on TBS and decided this.
I could give two shits about the way things work. The world is gonna self-implode in the future. There ar ejust to many stupid people. I don't burden anybody with my actions. America as a whole is pretty stupid, and you seamed to enjoy telling me about "the way things are". Fuck that dude. I don't give a shit. :wink:
Indeed, "there ar ejust to many stupid people." We agree completely on that. Rage on against the establishment, capitalism, religion, correct spelling and grammar. ;p
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:19 am

dprez wrote:I'm a hippy bro. Fuck the establishment, capitalism, religion and all that shit that controls the masses. I've just opened my eyes.
Is it cool to be a hippy nowadays? I must have missed something. Do you even know how government works? Do you have even the slightest clue how America operates? Obviously not, because if you did, you would take your petty ideals and apply them life outside of a Dragon Ball forum.
dprez wrote:There ar ejust to many stupid people.
Two grammar errors in one sentence that claims everyone else is stupid? Really?

On topic: Now I know "some people" are whining and complaining about the rise in price of the Dragon Boxes, but seriously? You had almost two years to buy them. I know it's been stated over and over again, but come on?

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 am

So much for Best Buy; my order was just cancelled :(

Android 50
Beyond Newbie

Post by Android 50 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 am

Best buy has been sucking ass at having the dragon boxes and other anime related DVDs for quite some time. I'm pretty much done dealing with them.
Maron is stacked!!

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 am

dprez wrote:I'm a hippy bro. Fuck the establishment, capitalism, religion and all that shit that controls the masses. I've just opened my eyes.
Hippies use computers to visit Dragon Ball forums and watch Dragon Ball Z now, huh?
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:31 am

Levlik wrote:So much for Best Buy; my order was just cancelled :(
They canceled it?

If so, looks like I was right about the "backordered - arrives in 3-5 weeks" or whatever it was being a generic out of stock message on the site.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:27 pm

:roll: ...nerds

Metalwario64 wrote:
Levlik wrote:So much for Best Buy; my order was just cancelled :(
They canceled it?

If so, looks like I was right about the "backordered - arrives in 3-5 weeks" or whatever it was being a generic out of stock message on the site.
And yea, you were right... :cry:

It's not really available anywhere except for Amazon, which is where I got mine just today.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

dprez wrote:Who's complaining bro. His idea was just very dickish... as are you apparently
dprez wrote::roll: ...nerds
dprez, I don't understand your attitude at all.

When it comes to not caring about "the way things work", you may want to change your mind when it comes to the Forum Rules you agreed to upon signing up. If you have a problem with "the establishment" or capitalism or whatever the deuce it is you're complaining about, that's fine, but slapping your fellow forum members with quasi-insults to their opinions and/or intelligence simply because they don't understand or share your particular viewpoint is a most improper way to carry on with this or ANY discussion that takes place on these forums.

When it comes to said viewpoint, anticipate that you'll be made to back it up to the best of your ability at all times. Having your assessment challenged is not usually a matter of someone being "dickish"; this is a case of being advised of an alternative viewpoint that you may not have otherwise considered. Simply repeating yourself ad nauseum or resorting to childish name-calling severely diminishes the value in what you're trying to say, and reflects poorly on the community as a whole. Please understand this.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

dprez wrote::roll: ...nerds
As others have somewhat pointed out...

You *do* realize you're posting on a DragonBall-specific Internet message board, right? Glass houses. Stones. Look it up.

If you want to keep acting that way with these atrociously ridiculous posts, that's totally fine -- you'll be hit with strikes against your account for that (up through and including permanent bans), and I don't actually think anyone really wants that. Maybe it's time to take a step back?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Since we don't know what FUNimation's release pattern for the Level line is it is difficult to pin-point when we will see our sure-to-come streamlined release of this Dragon Box line. Run on sentences. With likely two or so years remaining until we see the Level line finish I'm not sure where FUNimation will fit in a hopeful stripped-down release of the Dragon Boxes. I would wager a second Blu-ray line (nine four-disc sets) coming first, to be honest.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:33 pm

You know what I just realized? Around the time when I was collecting my Dragon Boxes, I had 4 different Dragon Box 2's in my possession. I kept buying them and had to either sell them or return them because of minor imperfections that the OCD in me could not handle. Maybe I should have just kept them. :?