Possible Dragonball "blue boxsets" UK release?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

saiyanprincess
Regular

Possible Dragonball "blue boxsets" UK release?

Post by saiyanprincess » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Sorry I have been away from Daizex for a while, studying seems to have taken over my life... I was just watching some of the podcasts I have missed and now i'm bouncing off the walls with the news that the orange box sets will be hitting the stores in the UK by early next year.

OK.... Well i'm not literally bouncing off the walls with excitement (I actually already own them all) However, I only have season one of Dragonball as for some unknown sadistic reason Funimation decided to stop making their season sets multi regional thus I can only play them on one dvd player in the house. :(

Now they have dropped on amazon.com to a reasonable price, I have been comprehending treating myself by buying the remainder seasons... Only, I am now wondering if i should wait a couple of years (if i can wait that patiently) to see if we get a UK Region 2 release for the blue brick boxsets. - So i can watch them on my nice big TV downstairs rather than my itsy bitzy 26 inch in my bedroom.

Do you guys suspect that Funimation will be nice and release them over here? or do you think its going to be based on how many orange boxsets they shift first? It's a shame they are not releasing the blu rays over here, or dragonball Kai as it would have given me an insentment to spend my hard earned dosh!

I have missed you guys! :cry:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Possible Dragonball "blue boxsets" UK release?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Manga Entertainment UK is not to be trusted, they cancelled series on Blu-ray and only released them on DVD, maybe if the UK DBZ Orange Bricks aren't profitable, then that's a problem for the clients and Manga themselves.

The release date of the first DBZ orange brick "season" is the 26th December, a good day to start off (Christmas time).

I'd rather have Manga Ent. license FUNimation's Dragon Boxes Z, but their budget probably didn't allow. Dragon Ball Blue Bricks? Bah.

They said Akira Collector's Blu-ray (which I bought) was limited to 10,000 and then they produced even more. That's not a limited edition product! This and HSotD Blu-ray, plus the YGO Blu-ray, were all really nice releases, glad I ordered them.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for the tip, I think i will just import them from amazon.com then, before the christmas rush post holds them back! :P
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 pm

If your only problem was the region coding, I'd suggest getting the box sets dirt cheap on Amazon now and getting a decent region free DVD player. It wouldn't cost you much at all these days and you wouldn't have to wait 6 years for a release that might never happen (and certainly wouldn't be as cheap). ;)
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

How much you suppose it'll cost when it's released? I'm planning on buying, havent got any DVD sets or much merchandise from DBZ at all. I've only got one movie on video, Slug, as a present a number of years ago. I remember I was confused upon seeing the vid, seeing as I knew nothing of the movies at all. Back then I only thought you could watch DBZ on TV. Well, I was young lol

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 pm

You were watching the podcasts? Are there any video-casts of Daizex online?!

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:10 pm

sangofe wrote:You were watching the podcasts? Are there any video-casts of Daizex online?!
There's been a few live video streams, but I think in this case it was just a typo.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm

How much will the UK Season Sets be, does anyone know? Something extortionate no doubt.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Maybe £40 (RRP) like Bleach: Complete Series 7.

Forty quid for DBZ orange bricks is a bit too much, but UK fans don't have much choice if they don't want to import.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:57 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Manga Entertainment UK is not to be trusted, they cancelled series on Blu-ray and only released them on DVD, maybe if the UK DBZ Orange Bricks aren't profitable, then that's a problem for the clients and Manga themselves.
The problem isn't Manga UK. The problem is anime fans in the UK.

If you had the opportunity to see the BD sales numbers of titles they cancelled mid release....

In a rarity they actually gave the numbers for one title, to show how bad it was and it wasn't just them being jackasses.

Xam'd Part 1 sold.... 100 copies.

If fans want stuff to be released they actually have to buy it. If as many people bought Manga UK BDs as complained about them not finishing shows there wouldn't be an issue.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 am

MarcFBR wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Manga Entertainment UK is not to be trusted, they cancelled series on Blu-ray and only released them on DVD, maybe if the UK DBZ Orange Bricks aren't profitable, then that's a problem for the clients and Manga themselves.
Well, it doesn't help that they're acting like jackasses on Twitter, so it's really both sides to blame, I guess.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 am

MarcFBR wrote:

If you had the opportunity to see the BD sales numbers of titles they cancelled mid release....

In a rarity they actually gave the numbers for one title, to show how bad it was and it wasn't just them being jackasses.

Xam'd Part 1 sold.... 100 copies.

If fans want stuff to be released they actually have to buy it. If as many people bought Manga UK BDs as complained about them not finishing shows there wouldn't be an issue.
Nononononono.

See, when Xam'd came out, this was after several shows on BD were already cancelled (eg FMA:B). So people weren't gonna take the risk of Buying Pt1 if Pt2 wasn't going to be released. It's a catch 22 situation.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 am

FMA:B and Xam'd were the two series I'd buy on Blu-ray because FUNi's BD's are Region A-only, but since they were cancelled I decided to not even bother with the shows 'cos I wouldn't buy the DVD version when there was an HD already.

Manga Entertainment is better with film releases on BD/DVD, and small series releasing just within one/two Blu-rays (HSotD or aka HOTD). I still bought three Blu-rays from Manga (Akira Steelbook, HSotD and YGO:BBT < for the original Japanese version subbed).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Paradox295 wrote: Nononononono.

See, when Xam'd came out, this was after several shows on BD were already cancelled (eg FMA:B). So people weren't gonna take the risk of Buying Pt1 if Pt2 wasn't going to be released. It's a catch 22 situation.
If you saw the numbers for FMA:B you'd know they weren't that much better than Xam'd.

The catch 22 is reversed in this case. Fans had already proven they weren't buying before Xam'd.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.