A Dragonball Christmas

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

A Dragonball Christmas

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Hello! I've had this topic on my mind all day! I hope VegettoEX will allow me to keep this topic open. So I wan't to know about your Dragonball Christmas stories. what were your gifts and such. So I'll start off with mine.

I remember along time ago when I was younger, I woke up on Christmas morning. And we all had dinner and watched the classic movie, A Christmas story(you'll shoot your eye out kid :lol: )
Then The Presents! I was so Excited :) My first Gift that I opened up was a box that had a-lot of Dragonball Z VHS tapes! I was like yes! :lol: Then my Grandfather got me this piccolo toy, And said. *here this is the only Gohan toy I could find* :lol: Thanks gramps.(He called everyone Gohan :lol: )
Then my mom got me this huge Dragonball Z bed sheets and stuff. This is what it looked like.
Image I Freaking loved that! And that's about it. So please share your stories and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas And a Happy new year

The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A Dragonball Christmas

Post by funrush » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:07 pm

When I was little, I got a SSJ Trunks figure. I think he was wearing his Movie 8 outfit. I played with it all the time.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 pm

I had Pokemon bed sheets, they're gone now, dunno where.

Wish I had those DBZ Bed Sheets they'd stay in its bag sealed, though. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Christmas 08. My brother gave me a copy of SSW2 on DS and lent me the first four OB's. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be on this forum right now.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I remember back in the early 2000's I'd always ask for DBZ figures for Xmas.

Was always a joy to receive them on Xmas morning.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 pm

This year will be my first true Dragonball Christmas - I'm getting all 42 volumes of the manga as my present. But when I was younger I had gotten some of the games/toys at Christmas.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Saiga wrote:This year will be my first true Dragonball Christmas - I'm getting all 42 volumes of the manga as my present. But when I was younger I had gotten some of the games/toys at Christmas.
Same here, I think.

But I'm getting the DBZ Viz Big's volumes 4-8.

Will have up until Freeza in anime form and then onwards in manga form!
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I got a "Mystic Gohan" action figure from my cousin one Christmas. It's the only DBZ figure I own.

Last year I received Dragon Ball Kai Part 3 for Christmas.

I've asked for the last two Dragon Boxes for Christmas this year. I know I'm getting them, because I ordered them myself. But I won't get them until Christmas.

Once I wrote a DB parody of "The Night Before Christmas" for a DB website. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one and I can't find the parody.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Man I loved getting the figures back in the day.
The only problem was that I had action figures like Majin Buu and others, long before they were aired on TV :lol: My first Dragonball z toy I got for christmas was this

I think this is the Irwin toy's? I had a-lot of them, And I think I bought them Brand new for 13 bucks back in the day? Now I see some of them are selling for like 30 and 40 bucks :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 am

Saiga wrote:This year will be my first true Dragonball Christmas - I'm getting all 42 volumes of the manga as my present. But when I was younger I had gotten some of the games/toys at Christmas.
I ENVY YOU :cry:
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:16 am

Well I have VIZ's release of the first Daizenshuu coming in the mail for this Christmas, but apart from that the only Dragon Ball related Christmas presents I've ever gotten are the 3rd DBZ VIZ big and Trunks' time machine from the Megahouse range.

KuriboShoe

Post by KuriboShoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 am

Last year I got the first Dragon Box.
"HI GIRLS!" - Twilght Sparkle
I don't like the fanfic "Cupcakes"
"Silly Vegeta, It's not Halloween, It's Christmas!" - TFS Goku

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 am

samuraix123 wrote:Man I loved getting the figures back in the day.
The only problem was that I had action figures like Majin Buu and others, long before they were aired on TV :lol: My first Dragonball z toy I got for christmas was this

I think this is the Irwin toy's? I had a-lot of them, And I think I bought them Brand new for 13 bucks back in the day? Now I see some of them are selling for like 30 and 40 bucks :lol:
I wish I could find the head to that toy in my closet...
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:39 am

Oh no! poor Vegeta lost his head :lol: Good luck! This year I'm getting a couple of Blu-Rays and one of them is the Cooler double feature on Blu-Ray. I really hope the audio is in sync for the English track,(unlike the DVD double feature) And I can't say for certain, But I believe my Brother is getting me Dragonbox 7 and I think my mom is getting me level 1.2 :)
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 am

Every Christmas I see to it that I get something DBZ related along with my other stuff. When I was a kid it used to be DVDs or action figures to play with. Now it's either some new DVDs or a t-shirt or a really cool action figure to sit on my desk.

Last year it was a t-shirt and a DVD. The year before it was action figures, the year before that was a Vegeta figure and two CCG decks.

This year I have no idea, but I'll figure something out. I always see to it that I get something DB related for Christmas. :)

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

A couple years ago, my girlfriend got me a key chain for a stocking stuffer. It had a button on it, and each time you pressed it, it would say one of the syllables for "kamehameha".

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I always got DBZ action figures for Christmas (or my birthday).
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I remember getting Budokai 1 in Christmas 2002 and Budokai 2 in 2003, I also got a butch of DBZ toys back than too, I was about 6 and 7 during that time. Good memories. :)

All my DBZ toys are gone, sold them on eBay back in 2007 when I lost all my interest in DB around that time (got back into it when I heard news that the live-action movie was finally put in production if I only knew what was coming...) I REALLY regret doing that though. :cry:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:52 pm

I got several french dubbed movies of DBZ dubbed in French many, manyyyyyy years ago and was so happy! It must've been something like 15 years now.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Christmas 1999, I got the Saiyan and Namek VHS boxed sets, 2 booster boxes of the DBZ CCG, several irwin figures, and a couple of t-shirts. That was awesome
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan