Amazon sold out

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

saiyanprincess
Regular

Amazon sold out

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Just wondering if anybody knows off-hand the date when Amazon.com is going to be getting the Dragonball Kai (part 1 and 3 blu rays back in stock) Or if they have been discontinued completely? - I really hope not. I know they recently reduced them to a very good price, but now i'm about to place my order they have sold out and became unavailable. :x It's my own fault for waiting so close to christmas..

Anybody know anything about this? Or if i should just buy them from somewhere else... I don't really want to buy the season 1 set, as i already have part 2 and it works out a lot more money!
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Craddle
Regular

Re: Amazon sold out

Post by Craddle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

All speculation:
Craddle wrote:I have a feeling they canceled printing of Part 1-4 with the Yamamoto score. Notice amazon is out of stock of 1,2 and 3 has 10 left. I'm guessing FUNimation is going to let the first line of Kai sets run out as much as possible. Once most major retailers have completely run out, then they'll re-release the series with Kikuchi's score.
Since I posted the above message, now 1,2,3 & 4 are out of stock on Blu-Ray. DVD is the same, except part 4 has 6 left. Notice this issue is only effecting the releases with the Yamamoto score.

Suggestion: Get them while you can from another source.