Who started out with the season sets?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Who started out with the season sets?

Post by DHM211 » Sat May 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I was wondering if any one started out with the orange,green,blue bricks like me?

dprez
Advanced Regular

Re: Who started out with the season sets?

Post by dprez » Sat May 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Yea, Orange Bricks seasons 1-5. Luckily I stopped buying them. They were the first Dragon Ball Z dvd's I ever had.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm

dprez wrote:Yea, Orange Bricks seasons 1-5. Luckily I stopped buying them. They were the first Dragon Ball Z dvd's I ever had.

What did you do about the rest of the series?

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sat May 19, 2012 4:58 pm

I did

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 pm

For Z I did, got all nine seasons, then sold them when I bought the Dragon Boxes. But for DB and GT, I got the collections and singles instead.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm

DHM211 wrote:
dprez wrote:Yea, Orange Bricks seasons 1-5. Luckily I stopped buying them. They were the first Dragon Ball Z dvd's I ever had.

What did you do about the rest of the series?
Dragon Boxes 1-7.

I have long sold off my orange bricks.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Hm, started out in what sense? I guess they were the first time I owned Dragon Ball Z on DVD. I bought all nine of them, as well as the green bricks, because I figured they were the best we were ever going to get. Man, was I wrong. So now I own them and the Dragon Boxes.

I don't have the blue boxes, since they weren't released here in Oceania, but I do have to two big Madman collections.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm

I didn't really "start out" with the Orange Bricks. I started with the old singles. When the Orange Bricks were released, I got whatever I didn't already have in single format. Saiyan through Freeza, and the entire Boo arc. Dunno why, but I also bought Season 6, (pretty much the entire Cell Games arc) even though I had those episodes in single format. Double-dipping at its finest.

Anyway, sold both the singles and season sets off when I heard the Dragon Boxes were coming. :mrgreen:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun May 20, 2012 1:47 am

I wanted to, but then mean ol' Mike Effin' LaBrie and his gang of podcasting supernerds had to burst my bubble and make me wisely choose against buying them due to the flaws outweighing the pros at the time.

Though I had already been a fan for a very long time by that point, I actually started with a mix of used US singles and used R2 singles after the Orange Bricks came out and I decided against them.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co