Favourite Hironobu Kageyama Songs?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Favourite Hironobu Kageyama Songs?

Post by songohan619 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 am

My top 5:

5: Cha La Head Chala

4: Kiseki no Honō yo Moeagare!!

3: SONIC DRIVE

2: Give Lee Give Lee!

1: Ore Wa Tokoton Tomaranai

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Favourite Hironobu Kageyama Songs?

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Man, so many to chose from. I do really like Super Survivor and Battle of Omega, both bring a great sense of battle to them befitting Dragon Ball. Marugoto also has a strong beat to it that I do, very catchy. Ya Na Koto Ni Wa Genki-Dama also has a great beat and feel to it, although some of that probably comes from the background vocals. GIRI GIRI ~Sekai Kyoukugen~ is also addictive. Burning Fight ~Nessen - Ressen - Chou Kessen~ is probably my all-time favorite. "S-O-S!"

Damn, those movie themes were awesome.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:44 pm

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA

Light's Journey

We Were Angels

Rising High Beyond The Galaxy

Day Of Destiny ~Spirit Vs Spirit~

No particular order.
-Joey

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

AITSU WA SON GOKU

CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA

HIKARI NO TABI w/Kuko

HIKARI NO WILLPOWER

MIND POWER KI w/Yuka Satou

DAY OF DESTINY ~SPIRIT VS SPIRIT~

SOLDIER DREAM

SUPER SURVIVOR

WE WERE ANGELS
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

"Sign ~Omen~ [VOCAL VERSION]" >> http://youtu.be/Ixw6HOuHlwo

"'THE BIGGEST FIGHT ~Clash~'" >> http://youtu.be/CW1s4-kP9F0

"Unmei No Hi ~ Tamashii Tai Tamashii" >> http://youtu.be/xfyeud94JnQ

&

"MIND POWER···Ki···" >> http://youtu.be/X__jwXY3rJU

...are my fav's 8)

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

...I don't think I've said this about any person or any thing before, but I truly, honestly can't think of anything Kageyama has done that I don't like. Some better than others, sure, but I have yet to come across a bad Kageyama song. There's a reason that, on my iPod's "Top 25 Most Played" playlist, his songs are in there 13 times. Lemme see...

1) Cha-La Head Cha-La. A great song, but also something of a good luck charm for me. For auditions that I really, really want to nail, I listen to this song beforehand to get myself mentally pumped up. I use it (VERY) sparingly to maintain the good fortune, but for every audition that I've used this song to pump myself up for, I won the gig.

2) We Were Angels. My favorite ending song across all of the "Dragon Ball"-related animes. Really passionate singing and heartwarming lyrics.

3) The Movie 13 Theme. I forget the name off the top of my head, but it keeps upping the intensity. Great song to conclude the movies with.

4) The Biggest Fight. Great fight song. The best use of electric guitar in any of Kageyama's songs.

5) Hikari no Tabi. A decidedly different, softer style from most of his songs, it got a tear out of me the first time I heard it. Especially when used in conjunction with the montage of Goku growing up.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote: 3) The Movie 13 Theme. I forget the name off the top of my head, but it keeps upping the intensity. Great song to conclude the movies with.
Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru = If I Don’t Do It, Who Will?
And I agree, it's why it's my favourite!

5) Battle of Omega - It's such a powerful battle theme and Kageyama really goes all-out on this one. Also the verses sound a bit like my number 2, so that's definitely a contributing factor.

4) Unmei no Hi ~Tamashī VS Tamashī~ = Day of Destiny: Spirit vs Spirit - The melody is very catching and it fits so well with the subject matter.

3) Saikyō no Fyūjon = The Strongest Fusion - The beat in this song is what caught me off-guard and it just keeps going from there.

2) Kusuburu heart ni Hi o Tsukero!! = Light a Fire in your Smoldering Heart!! - Ever since I first heard this song, when I played Budokai 2, I have liked it so much. It's probably due to all the other stuff leading up to it and the fact that it delivered exactly what I wanted.

1) Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru = If I don't do it, who will? - Yes this is my favourite Kageyama song, simply because it sounds so grand and what TheBlackPaladin previously mentioned.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:42 am

Tobikiri No Saikyou Tai Saikyou
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 am

dbgtFO wrote:
TheBlackPaladin wrote: 3) The Movie 13 Theme. I forget the name off the top of my head, but it keeps upping the intensity. Great song to conclude the movies with.
Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru = If I Don’t Do It, Who Will?
And I agree, it's why it's my favourite!

1) Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru = If I don't do it, who will? - Yes this is my favourite Kageyama song, simply because it sounds so grand and what TheBlackPaladin previously mentioned.
Well, dbgtFO, perhaps you'll appreciate this. When Movie 13 was dubbed in Europe, the ending song used was mostly a repeating loop of the French dub's "Dragon Ball Z" theme (dubbed into the language of whichever country the movie was aired in, Portuguese for Portugal, Spanish for Spain, etc.). Not to offend anybody who likes this song, but I'm...shall we say not a fan.

However, Germany decided to dub Kageyama's song and made a German cover of it sung by Tommy Morgenstern, Goku's German voice actor. It has a bit of a different feel than Kageyama (more of a hard rock feel to it), but I still think it sounds pretty cool.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:25 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Well, dbgtFO, perhaps you'll appreciate this. When Movie 13 was dubbed in Europe, the ending song used was mostly a repeating loop of the French dub's "Dragon Ball Z" theme (dubbed into the language of whichever country the movie was aired in, Portuguese for Portugal, Spanish for Spain, etc.). Not to offend anybody who likes this song, but I'm...shall we say not a fan.
Portuguese of Portugal looped its FR-PT OP song for the OP/ED of the films, but I just checked the Spanish of Spain dub it didn't, they kept the original ED song.

Although, the text is in French not Spanish.

DBZ BGM Collection Disc 3 Track 19.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 pm

1. Burst Limit OP
2. Budokai 3 OP
3. Infinite World OP
4. We Gotta Powa OP
5. Raging Blast OP

CHA LA HEAD CHA LA has become too overused, IMO. Kageyama has more great tracks CLHCL isn't the only one.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

MewtwoZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MewtwoZX » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm

5. Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru
4. Aitsu wa Son Goku
3. Ganbare Goemon
2. Ore wa Tokoton Tomaranai
1. The Biggest Fight

Honorable Mention: Hikari no Tabi.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I could make a list going on forever about which of his songs I love so I'm just gonna list my number 1 favorite.

:D Ginga Wo Koete Rising High :D

I love this track so much, I really wish there was a Karaoke version of it. I even attempted to mix a poor quality youtube video of a karaoke version of the song with the full version of the song. didn't work great unfortunately :( quality difference was to great.

Honorable mention to Hikari no Tabi. I want that song played at my funeral.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:22 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Well, dbgtFO, perhaps you'll appreciate this. When Movie 13 was dubbed in Europe, the ending song used was mostly a repeating loop of the French dub's "Dragon Ball Z" theme (dubbed into the language of whichever country the movie was aired in, Portuguese for Portugal, Spanish for Spain, etc.). Not to offend anybody who likes this song, but I'm...shall we say not a fan.

However, Germany decided to dub Kageyama's song and made a German cover of it sung by Tommy Morgenstern, Goku's German voice actor. It has a bit of a different feel than Kageyama (more of a hard rock feel to it), but I still think it sounds pretty cool.
Yes, much appreciated. That song is so terrible. The german cover is very good.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 am

To be honest, most of them are so good and there are too many to claim a favourite.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 am

To be honest, most of them are so good and there are too many to claim a favourite.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Kiseki no honoo yo, moeagare yo, Kimi no kokoro niiiiiii!! Mirai no tame...
I get shivers every time.