Japanese board?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Japanese board?

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:54 pm

Yeah, I know, everyone has a wacky idea for a new section, but hear me out.

The DragonBoxes and Kanzenban have sparked a bit of a desire to learn the language for me at least, and I think for a few others. Has any consideration been given to opening a section on this forum dedicated to Japanese? We have some great minds here with knowledge of the language (Daimao, DBW and Julian come to mind) who could assist people in learning.

This wouldn't be intended for translation whoring, to be upfront. Rather, general help (Daimao just posted in a thread recommending people who want to learn the language learn grammar intimately to begin with, which would be an excellent example) from people who've been there and done that.

Thoughts?

-Corey

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:30 pm

I would love such a board, currently learning Japanese largely to understand my Kanzenban and the upcoming Movie Box (not enough moolah for the other boxes, unfortunately.)

Another thing that could be on the board--just maybe--might be episodes and movies of Dragon Ball/Z/GT that have fairly simple Japanese. For example, as DBW said, Movie 3 would not be that good to watch if you are just starting (or have not watched it before.)

Good idea, Corey.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:43 pm

Yeah that´s a good idea! I´m going to study japanese as soon as I get out of highschool, but this might give a little knowledge ahead of that!
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:47 pm

Well, two people thought it was a good idea. Oh well, figured it was worth a shot.

-Corey

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:07 pm

I think it's a good idea...
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:20 pm

Hey... that was only one line.. or... half a line, that was only half a line, your posts can't be less than one line. Anyway... I believe it to be a good idea as well. I mean, really, come on people, support this brilliant idea or it may never happen!

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:11 am

Tenka-Ichi wrote:Hey... that was only one line.. or... half a line, that was only half a line, your posts can't be less than one line.
Yeah, but (no offense Vegetto) even Vegetto EX doesn´t ALLWAYS follow that rule, But Son Goku might have explained why he liked the idea.
^I´m with stupid^

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:28 pm

Well, his message had a little more meaning to it than that. I think the point of his message was to say "there are more than two people who support it, and I'm just posting to get that message across, without trying to otherwise contribute to the thought".

You're basically right, though. The point of that rule was so that people couldn't just post simple things like "I agree". Maybe try to be a little more careful, Son Goku.

I wasn't planning to say anything about the idea, but since I'm here, I guess I can add my 2 cents. I'm all for helping people who want to learn Japanese, but I don't think this is the way to do it. Perhaps some tutorials based on what fans are interested in learning, rather than the "how to say greetings" type of thing that can be found on just about any website ever?

If you really want a forum for this, look around. They can be found pretty easily, and I can already picture some fanboy trying to answer a question for you in his own crippled Japanese that he learned through the internet. It doesn't matter if we have some people around who could probably answer your questions, they can't just sit around to translate for people.

If you really want to learn Japanese, you're going to have to take a class or learn it in person somehow. I understand it's a different thing, a good thing, to have memorized some Japanese vocabulary before you really start... but you don't need a forum for that, just a list of words people want to know.

If you want to learn about Japan, maybe a site like Azrael's would be good. Don't expect to learn Japanese online there, but you can certainly get a good idea of the culture, and have a laugh learning it.

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:17 pm

The board should be on Japanese as related to Dragonball.

VegettoEX, wanna comment....?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:35 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:VegettoEX, wanna comment....?
There is no Japanese board.

Should be comment enough :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:

Glad to see our opinions don't fall on deaf ears :roll:

No big though.

-Corey

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:

The answer is no... as usual...
^I´m with stupid^