Dates

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Dates

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:44 pm

Can someone consult a daizenshuu and see if Goku was born on the same day as Planet Vegeta's destruction? I don't think so, but wanna make sure.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:12 pm

It specifies he was born in 737, Freeza blows up the planet in that same year, and "Kakarotto escapes the destruction in a saiyan capsul headed for Earth." Note that each are specified as different sentences, or point form.

His bio just mentions he was born in 737.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:33 pm

The Bardock special also lends evidence that he wasn't born on that day. Goku was already born when the special began, and Bardock was on Kanassas. If this was the same day that Freeza destroyed everything, then Bardock had to get back to planet Vegeta, spend time recovering from his attack, chase his team to another planet, fight Dodoria, and then get back to planet Vegeta. That's an awful lot to happen in one day.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:41 pm

BAH!!! You still haven't mentioned in the Slypa=Goku's_Mom question that the daizenshuu says his real mom died a year later of a heart disease!!!! :x
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:09 pm

Goku's mom died a year later of a heart desease? That makes little sense... wait, where was she when Freeza destroyed the planet?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:32 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Goku's mom died a year later of a heart desease? That makes little sense... wait, where was she when Freeza destroyed the planet?
My thoughts exactly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:14 pm

My thinking on this is if you accept anything from the anime then you have to accept stuff from the daizenshuu since it was published by the same peeps as the anime. That and I figured she was with Radditz. :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:30 pm

With Radditz eh? Hmmm, interesting theory.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:48 pm

I thought Radditz was off conquering a planet or something... and we know his mommy wasn't allowed to come along. She could've been doing some work on her own for Freeza, but I don't like to keep adding exceptions to the list of Saiyans that weren't killed in the blast. It makes my head spin...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:56 pm

Only problem with the theory is, she just gave birth. I know Saiyajins are a lot stronger than humans, but wouldn't she at least be sore?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:02 am

That makes sense. Hey, maybe she was at some after-birth relaxation spa on some other planet for all who work under Freeza.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:10 am

Heh! I can just see that! Goku's mother lying in a hottub chewing away on some kind of roasted alien head and shouting, "You call this undercooked?! There aren't nearly enough flies hovering around it!" :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:21 am

Maybe she was on her way to the next planet to conquer, recuperating in her pod on the way, and died of a heart attack before she got anywhere where Freeza's goons would kill for being an off-world Saiyan. I can just see them waiting on some already conquered (by them) planet when the pod comes along:

"There she is! Get her!"
**all run towards pod. Hatch opens and a green gaseous stench escapes**
"Gah!!! WTF is this?! She's already bug juice! And not the cool kind you drink at summer camp on planet Freeza #24!"
**taps scouter**
"Hey central! What's going on? She's already dead!"
Central command on planet Freeza #79: "APRIL FOOL'S!!!!! HAHAHA!!! Take THAT Kui!"
Kui: "Awwww! Alright alright, you got us! But I WILL kill a saiyan damn you! You'll see! I'll spend the next thirty years training until I have a Power Level of 18,000! Then I'll pick a fight with a saiyan who has a PL exactly identical to mine before going into a regeneration tank half-dead, disregarding the fact that his healing factor will render his strength about 4/3 of mine, of course, as well as the fact that many Elite Saiyans can create artificial moons that transform them into giant apes with 10x their untransformed power. THEN we'll see who the April Fool is! BAHAHA!!!"

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:26 am

I had no idea Saiyans would turn into Bug Juice after a heart attack. Well, I guess we now know what Goku looks like in the Future Trunks timeline... eww.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:31 am

Also: the daizenshuu may just have been giving a fun hint that Goku's heart disease is hereditary. Picture the cover of the second to last manga chapter:

"This is Goten. He changed his hair since everybody kept saying he looked like Goku. This is what it would have looked like had he not caught the same heart disease as his father and died.

This is Videl. She married Gohan.

This is Gohan. He died of the same heart disease Goku caught years earlier.

This is Pan. She is the daughter of Videl and Gohan. She is dying of the same heart disease as everyone else."

Goku and Uubu start fighting. Instead of getting stronger when Goku pisses him he keels over and croaks of the same damn heart disease. GT ends up being a one episode story where Marron and a Bra dying of the heart disease are the only Z ppl still alive, searching for the DBs in order to wish for the cure. In the end Shenron says he will grant only one wish instead of three, because the heart disease that he caught has weakened him too much.

Out of nowhere Popo falls from the sky dead: he was looking over the edge of Dende's palace when the heart disease claimed his life too.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:38 am

If it's hereditary, how did Popo get it from Goku? :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:44 am

It's Dragonball: plot hole. 8)

Yamcha thought it might be contagious in the androids saga so he told Chichi that she and him should also take the antidote.

Neo-GT: They'll have just overdosed, randomly killing them before the Cell Games even though we see them quite often throughout the rest of the manga.

Bulma: "If only they hadn't taken all of the antidotes! Then they'd still be alive AND we would have the cure!"
Bra: "Mom? Aren't you dead?"
Bulma: "Oh! Right, I forgot!" **dies**

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:03 pm

You know you might be on to something there Dayspring! Remember in the GT T.V. special Pan collapses and ends up in the hospital? It looked like it might have been a problem with her heart. But then again, if you're going to be rolling boulders around with your feet when you're 100 years-old, sure your heart's gonna feel it!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:15 pm

That's why she didn't recognize the descendant as Bulma. The Briefs family were all dead so that was just a clone. Poor Goku Jr. Little does he know his heart will implode when he reaches SSJ2 for the first time.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:03 am

Dayspring wrote:That's why she didn't recognize the descendant as Bulma.
Really? Liam told me it was because by then she'd gone senile. :D