April Fools Joke?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

April Fools Joke?

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Have you got one planned for this year?

(hate to be blunt)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:02 pm

Off topic, and I hate to encourage it by adding to the conversation, but here goes.

I'm probably going to put chalk in the erasers or something, if I'm bored. Other than that, I'll just piss people off by thwarting their big pranks, like I always do.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:38 pm

Hey Zacko! You're like Fred and George Weasley, if there was only Fred! :D

An idea for an April Fools joke might be to start some really crazy false fact that EX has "discovered" about the live-action movie, since it's a topic that's getting a lot of buzz right now and I find so many people seem to be willing to believe anything said about it at this point. Just a thought.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:03 pm

Oh, I meant for Daizex, not everyone in general.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:05 pm

Oh. :oops: Sorry. Darn! Now I have to think even harder! :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:12 pm

My plans include going to EX's site, falling for their prank, deciding he's gone loco, and then going to Meri's site where I fall for her prank. Then maybe I'll get laid. APRIL FOOLS!!! Oh my life sux0rs. :cry:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:24 pm

Oh, I see. I guess it's not off topic, then. Well... yeah. Whatever it is, I won't fall for it. I purposely check every site I know to see if there is an April Fools Day joke, so it's not like I ever fall for anything. I don't really remember hanging out on any boards as a regular during any of the past AFDs, but I'll watch out for anything you guys say.

Every site has an AFD joke. Remember when TW put up that ASCII version of a Hikaru no Go chapter, saying that they were going to shift over to that format completely to save bandwidth? Everyone on the TW forums was complaining... heh.

Fred isn't anybody without George. Either make me both, or some other prankster who works alone. Well, nobody is always good too. Wait, I think I just got it. I'm not much of a Prankster, so I'm just 1 of a prank duo, right? HA HA HA I'm laughing so hard that I'm going to start throwing sharp objects in your general direction. Because that's what I do when I laugh. Possibly.
Last edited by Zackarotto on Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:27 pm

Remember when TW put up that ASCII version of a Hikaru no Go chapter, saying that they were going to shift over to that format completely to save bandwidth? Everyone on the TW forums was complaining... heh
That's practically a regular update by Barabus+co! How could ANYBODY fall for that?! That's even more pathetic than me!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:33 pm

Yeah, especially when the ASCII chapter is bigger... and then there was Zophars Domain, which copied the source of some page that was shut down by the government so it would look like they were, for providing ROMs. Which they don't even do... how can people fall for that stuff?

IGN with it's little fake video game news... people might fall for that, it's a well known VG news source. Hmm, what else? I can't think of anything...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:34 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Oh, I see. I guess it's not off topic, then. Well... yeah. Whatever it is, I won't fall for it. I purposely check every site I know to see if there is an April Fools Day joke, so it's not like I ever fall for anything. I don't really remember hanging out on any boards as a regular during any of the past AFDs, but I'll watch out for anything you guys say.

Every site has an AFD joke. Remember when TW put up that ASCII version of a Hikaru no Go chapter, saying that they were going to shift over to that format completely to save bandwidth? Everyone on the TW forums was complaining... heh.

Fred isn't anybody without George. Either make me both, or some other prankster who works alone. Well, nobody is always good too. Wait, I think I just got it. I'm not much of a Prankster, so I'm just 1 of a prank duo, right? HA HA HA I'm laughing so hard that I'm going to start throwing sharp objects in your general direction. Because that's what I do when I laugh. Possibly.
Well, what? What did ya think? Were you expecting me to say you were like Peeves? :P

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:44 pm

No, I'm actually a Voldemort who isn't stupid and doesn't keep losing his power. Nah, I'm not important or feared... maybe I'm... some sort of Dementor. Don't make me kiss you.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:50 pm

That's okay, cause the character of Bellatrix Lestrange was based on me, so I'd probably enjoy it! :twisted:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:06 am

Was she the one that kept telling Harry he was going to die, or the hag from the recent book?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:18 am

Well... One of those is Umbridge, I think. Hey, I don't know. I've never been good with names.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:47 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Every site has an AFD joke.
Wow, I never realized that April Fools Day and alt.fan.dragonball had the same initials. Too bad I'm not clever enough to exploit that in some way.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:50 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Wow, I never realized that April Fools Day and alt.fan.dragonball had the same initials. Too bad I'm not clever enough to exploit that in some way.
Yeah, I read it as alt.fan.dragonball when I saw it, too :P. I guess we're just trained to read it as such :P.

And we probably won't be doing an April Fool's Day joke this year. Too much effort for something I don't have time for. Sorry :(. You could always go read about the Final Bout prank in the "Rumor Guide," though :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:29 pm

That was a great one... how can anybody think Pilaf was in there?! This world is too gullible, I'm telling you...

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TripleRach wrote:
Yeah, I read it as alt.fan.dragonball when I saw it, too :P. I guess we're just trained to read it as such :P.

And we probably won't be doing an April Fool's Day joke this year. Too much effort for something I don't have time for. Sorry :(. You could always go read about the Final Bout prank in the "Rumor Guide," though :P
If you're not doing one, maybe you can help me make one for my site. I'm at a complete loss. I don't wanna do that uncreative "this site is shutting down" bullshit. Let's get weird!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:06 pm

If I can put in my own comments on that, don't do a Temple of ____ joke this year. Those are great too, because it's got a twist such as it being an unlikely character (Guldo), a really cliche crappy shrine (gok__, however you wrote it), or one from an entirely different anime (Zoro). But even better are the jokes that people will really fall for, like that Final Bout one. :)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:07 pm

Dayspring wrote:Was she the one that kept telling Harry he was going to die, or the hag from the recent book?
No, no she's that psycho follower of Voldemort who escaped from Azkaban and killed somebody really important but Zacko lectured me so I can't say who. 8)

Well, at least Meri's going to do one! I can't wait! I know I'll end up forgetting what day it is and falling for it. :(
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.