Re-Dub music thoughts

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:08 pm

DBW wrote:
tealsmith wrote:Up here in Canada, we kept the music and Ocean Group VAs for the whole series. Unfortunatly, they didn't really add any new songs past what they did for the first two seasons. As uch, the music kind of got a little annoying in the end.
Er, not really.

We got the Saban dub for the first 2 seasons, then we got the FUNi dub up until the late Cell saga (I think around episode 170?), then we got the Ocean VA's back again beyond that, but the music used for those later episodes is recycled from Megaman and such.
Eh, no. The later Buu episodes were dubbed by some company called Westwood Studios. None of the VAs are the ones from Ocean, I'm guessing they are extremely similar. After all, it seemed that the FUNI VAs and these ones were picked to sound similar to the original Ocean ones. Has anyone thought about that connection?
And I honestly thought the music was recycled from the first two dub seasons, by the end of the show it seemed like I'd been listening to the same damn tracks forever. Probably because due to YTV's new listing at the time, instead of getting to see DBZ 5 days a week, I got to see it once a week. Going through the majority of the Buu Saga like that gets kind of annoying
Yeah...and was Dragon Ball done every day from then on? Just need to know..

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:51 pm

Eclipse wrote:
DBW wrote:
tealsmith wrote:Up here in Canada, we kept the music and Ocean Group VAs for the whole series. Unfortunatly, they didn't really add any new songs past what they did for the first two seasons. As uch, the music kind of got a little annoying in the end.
Er, not really.

We got the Saban dub for the first 2 seasons, then we got the FUNi dub up until the late Cell saga (I think around episode 170?), then we got the Ocean VA's back again beyond that, but the music used for those later episodes is recycled from Megaman and such.
Eh, no. The later Buu episodes were dubbed by some company called Westwood Studios. None of the VAs are the ones from Ocean, I'm guessing they are extremely similar. After all, it seemed that the FUNI VAs and these ones were picked to sound similar to the original Ocean ones. Has anyone thought about that connection?
Westwood studios is the old name for Ocean studios, it's the same company. Some of the VA's were different than the original Ocean cast, but others returned to reprise their roles as they left off.
Eclipse wrote:
And I honestly thought the music was recycled from the first two dub seasons, by the end of the show it seemed like I'd been listening to the same damn tracks forever. Probably because due to YTV's new listing at the time, instead of getting to see DBZ 5 days a week, I got to see it once a week. Going through the majority of the Buu Saga like that gets kind of annoying
Yeah...and was Dragon Ball done every day from then on? Just need to know..
Dragon Ball continued to air Monday to Thusrday at 8:00pm and 3:30am ET/PT for a while and then was only on at 3:30. Now it's on Mondays at 11:30pm ET/PT.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:56 pm

Westwood studios is the old name for Ocean studios, it's the same company. Some of the VA's were different than the original Ocean cast, but others returned to reprise their roles as they left off.
Oh....I see then. DAMN YOU ANIME NEWS NETWORK!!!!
Dragon Ball continued to air Monday to Thusrday at 8:00pm and 3:30am ET/PT for a while and then was only on at 3:30. Now it's on Mondays at 11:30pm ET/PT.
*Makes note of this*. Thanks