AWA Pro ("Fake"), Iron Editor Practice, GT Parody

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

AWA Pro ("Fake"), Iron Editor Practice, GT Parody

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:29 pm

Hey, everyone. Back from AWA. Totally exhausted. I know I've been ignoring the site for a while, but there are several reasons (many of which you can download, below :P). I hope that now being back at home without any immediate AMV deadlines can help me get back into the swing of things with the website, so please forgive the lack of updates lately ^^;;. The next update will probably just be with these AMVs, so you can return the ignoring back to me on that one :P.

Anyway, here's a bunch of stuff:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=90524

Title: Fake
Artist: Dashboard Confessional
Song: "The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most"
Source: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo
Participation: AWA XI Professional (Nominated - Best Sentimental, Best Character Profile, Best Drama, Best Overall)
Format: XviD (DivX-5 compatible)
Filesize: 25.1 MB
Collaborative: w/ Meri
Notes: Everyone is "fake." People can put up a fantastic front, but sooner or later it's all going to come crashing down in front of your face (not to mention everyone else's) unless you learn to deal with it and come to accept yourself.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=90538

Title: "DragonBall GT" Commercial Parody
Artists: FUNimation Productions / Field of View
Songs: DBGT Dub Opening / "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarete 'ku"
Source: DragonBall GT
Participation: AWA XI Panel
Format: MPEG-1
Filesize: 14.7 MB
Collaborative: Japanese text from Julian
Notes: If FUNimation is allowed to take retarded, cheap shots at a certain group of fandom in the name of marketing, I'm allowed to do the exact same thing in return :). Fans of this site will probably be the ones to most sympathize with the video. I don't think this one's anything fantastic... more along the lines of a sarcastic smirk-along kind of reaction.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=90550

Title: Iron Editor Practice Video (2005)
Artist: Almost Better
Song: "Pieces of Me"
Sources: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo, Super GALS!, Kodomo no Omocha, Fushigi Yuugi, Fruits Basket
Participation: AWA XI Panel
Format: XviD (DivX-5 compatible)
Filesize: 15.1 MB
Collaborative: secret audio from Meri
Notes: In preparation for Iron Editor 2005, both Meri and I made videos in two hours. Our "secret ingredient" was that the other person pre-edited the audio, and the editor wouldn't know what that audio was until they actually sat down to edit for the two hours. Using the exact same shows Meri just used to make a fun, upbeat video, I was challenged to make a flat-out drama video.

In case anyone's wondering... we won Iron Editor. Our theme this year was "exploration." The regular sources were Fushigi Yuugi (eps. 1-4), My Neighbor Totoro, Blue Sub 6, Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Utena: Adolescence of Utena. We used the Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen remix of the Mission: Impossible theme, while Hsien (Kusoyaro Productions) used The Beach Boys' I Get Around. Our secret ingredient was Star Trek: The Animated Series. :lol: The (extremely tough) decision was made by a panel of three judges (Dave Williams of ADV, Nigel O'Rear of AWA staff, and Mariela Ortiz from ADV; there was supposed to be Monica Rial like every year, but she couldn't make it). (No, we don't have our video yet... hopefully in the next week or so.) Making things somewhat different for the coming year, instead of us immediately being booked for Iron Editor at AWA 2006, we'll first be going in the tournament-of-champions. First up will be us versus our good friend AtomX at Otakon 2006 (us = AWA winners, he = Otakon winner). The winner of *that* will be going to AWA 2006 to fight against the winner of another competition of AWA champions (Anime Central vs. AnimeUSA, I believe). Then for 2007 it's back to normal, with us as the AWA champions defending the title there. Oh, and the reason why it was *both* Meri and I vs. Hsien was because he had won at AWA for the last several years, and in an amusing attempt to de-throne him, it was suggested throwing the two of us at him :P.

(For those who don't know, Iron Editor is the re-named "Iron Chef" AMV competition. Editors are chosen by the contest coordinator [previously Quu, now Waldo] to go up against each other in a contest similar to the TV show it gets its name from. In a two-hour period, editors must create an entire AMV from scratch [videos usually between 1:30 and 2:00 in length]. The editors choose their own audio source, and ahead of time, are told the theme and all of the sources to be used... except the "secret ingredient." It's not until the editors, at the convention, sit down to edit their videos that the intro is played at the secret ingredient is revealed. While the editors are making their videos, their computer monitors are projected up on giant screens so the audience can see what they're up to. Also, game shows are played, prizes are given away, the editors' own videos are played, etc... all in an attempt to distract them. It's become an amazingly huge event, to the extent that the giant room it's held in has to be locked-down because of the number of people.)
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:17 pm

Wow! Congatulations on winning Iron Editor, it sounds tough. Anyway I'm really looking forward to watching those new videos you just made. Keep up the good work! And good luck with the tounament of champions.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:59 pm

Fake was superb. Great effects, song, et cetera. I thought the opening and closing panel thing was pretty cool, too.

I have to say, I twitched a little when the parody started. You got that down perfect. Then I was relieved with some good old fashioned nostalgia. Extra props for those comments on the video description page.

I wouldn't think that your Iron Editor practice video could have been made in 2 hours. I can't wait to see the real deal... say, where's Meri's practice vid?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:03 pm

Zackarotto wrote:I can't wait to see the real deal... say, where's Meri's practice vid?
I haven't encoded Meri's practice video yet :P. I spent so long working on my own stuff, that I got burnt out... haha. We also don't have our actual Iron Editor video from the competition, yet, so that's not online as of now...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::