North Carolina's Animazement 2013 Mega Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: North Carolina's Animazement to Host Nozawa and Furukawa

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I will try to hang out with any/everyone* but Drabaz. Hate that guy. Good thing he will never read this. Never. Ever ever. Hate. So much. That guy.

*your chances are increased with beer purchases
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm

And yet again I'm stuck in Australia.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Just pre-registered! I'm super excited! I wonder if I'll run into VegettoEX. He's such a nice guy and is always respectful. Always always. Respectful. Sometimes.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm

If I didn't have a con in BC to go to in June and more money, I'd see about going. It seems Mr. Hebert will be there as well. Perhaps someone should try to get him and Ms. Nozawa together for a pic.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Super Sonic wrote:If I didn't have a con in BC to go to in June and more money, I'd see about going. It seems Mr. Hebert will be there as well. Perhaps someone should try to get him and Ms. Nozawa together for a pic.
Yeah, and a simultaneous kamehameha from both of the Gohans!
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Well this is incredibly depressing. My two favorite voice actors and I can't afford to see them. FML so hard.

I need a drink.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 pm

DUDE. What if they screen Battle of Gods at this sucka? Do you guys think they will?

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I've always looked at going to Animazement, anyway, 'cuz they regularly get Nakao.

So. Um.

ATTENDANCE CONFIRMED.
Must be nice being able to arbitrarily fly all over the country and world to attend Dragonball stuff... VegettoEX has the dream job
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution!" -Evil Lord Freeza
The best and most powerful villain in Dragon Ball

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 am

Can someone take video of the panels for the people who can't be there?

ssgOverlord
Patreon Supporter

Post by ssgOverlord » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 am

Man, the same weekend as Anime Boston...really bad timing for myself, but I hope everyone else has an awesome time!

I'll wish to get an amazing opportunity like this in the future.
I think I'll be buying assorted Dragon Ball things for the rest of my life.

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:52 am

....I have Anime Boston that weekend.

Inside, I'm screaming.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 am

I will say this: Between the new movie and now the Japanese voice actors making more appearances in the US, I haven't this excited about Dragon Ball stuff in a long time, and it feels damn good.

I also suggest a Kanzenshuu meet-and-greet: I'd be thrilled to meet you fine folks, and be able to put faces to names!
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 am

Wow this is incredible. Definitely envious of anyone who gets to go to this. Gotta wonder... could this be paired with a big announcement?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:11 am

I wish I could go, but being currently in Iowa, it's a bit too far. If I were still in Ohio, that distance wouldn't be too bad. But, yeah, I'm excited for anyone that gets to go. If I'm not mistaken, this is Nozawa's first trip to America, it'll be odd and/or awesome to have 2 Gohan's there.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

FindKenshi wrote:Must be nice being able to arbitrarily fly all over the country and world to attend Dragonball stuff... VegettoEX has the dream job
If by "arbitrarily fly all over the country and world" you mean "hop in a car and drive a couple hours south" and by "job" you mean "not actually a job"... I... guess...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 am

I'm honestly surprised that Masako Nozawa...Masako Nozawa is coming to an actual western anime con! :shock:

I've always been under the impression that Nozawa's age and her being a national treasure would've limited her travels, especially one to an overseas con.

But this should make a LOT of people very happy. People should have a chance to meet Nozawa considering her well-established career as a seiyuu in many roles and not just the fact that she voiced Son Gokuu.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm in northern Georgia, so this is *incredibly* tempting. It'd just be a few hours away, if even that.

I don't even know what I'd say to these people if I ever met them, but I still want to go so badly. This just might convince me to go to my first-ever convention.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:17 pm

So are we all waiting in line 10 hours before her panel so we can get good seats? :D
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm

MagicBox wrote:I'm in northern Georgia, so this is *incredibly* tempting. It'd just be a few hours away, if even that.

I don't even know what I'd say to these people if I ever met them, but I still want to go so badly. This just might convince me to go to my first-ever convention.
Dude, I live in Savannah, GA, and it's only about 4 hours from me, so I'm definitely going.

I started going to anime cons last year, and mid-to-large ones like Animazement and Anime Weekend Atlanta are worth it.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.