DragonBall Z Kai Uncut Or Standard?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

DragonBall Z Kai Uncut Or Standard?

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm interested in purchasing both the uncut set and standard set of Kai but how can I tell which is which just by looking at the case?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Z Kai Uncut Or Standard?

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I thought the only difference was one's blue ray and the other is DVD

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 pm

You can only buy the uncut version — the censored version is TV-only.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:02 pm

oh okay its becuase i seen this video on youtube:

http://youtu.be/CLEzZGosqe8
(Quality is not good btw)

& I really prefer the non-uncut dub of kai that aired on nicktoons over the uncut dub of kai.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:07 pm

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:oh okay its becuase i seen this video on youtube:

& I really prefer the non-uncut dub of kai that aired on nicktoons over the uncut dub of kai.
W......what! You do? why?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:oh okay its becuase i seen this video on youtube:

W......what! You do? why?
I, too, am absolutely baffled by this.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 pm

You squeamish? :wtf:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:12 pm

To each his or her own I guess, but the uncut version, IMO is better. Properly translated attack names for one. Also on the home release, they contain all the profanity and violence as well, no needless censorship for TV. (Beyond what was cut for Kai itself from the original as far as blood/nudity) I've seen both versions, and I vastly prefer the Blu-Ray releases. Also, you get the different versions of Dragon Soul for each arc, and the mid-episode eyecatches which are pretty cool. Other than that, they're not really any different. But if you want to purchase Kai, your only option is the uncut version not shown on Nicktoons/Vortexx.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 pm

lol Well what I really meant was in that specific scene I liked how Vegeta Said "Its over 9000!" line way more than when he said "Its over 8000!" in the uncut Dub of Kai. Its not so much of what he said but how he said it. Although I know that the 8000 line is more accurate. So I thought it would be nice to have both versions part of my collection. I guess I'm really into preserving different version of dbz despite of what others may feel about a certain version.=]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 pm

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:lol Well what I really meant was in that specific scene I liked how Vegeta Said "Its over 9000!" line way more than when he said "Its over 8000!" in the uncut Dub of Kai. Its not so much of what he said but how he said it. Although I know that the 8000 line is more accurate. So I thought it would be nice to have both versions part of my collection. I guess I'm really into preserving different version of dbz despite of what others may feel about a certain version.=]
So you prefer edited Kai cause of "Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!" that's all?

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 pm

If you're still wrapped up in the OVER 9000 meme in 2013, you should be banned from owning DB-related products.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:lol Well what I really meant was in that specific scene I liked how Vegeta Said "Its over 9000!" line way more than when he said "Its over 8000!" in the uncut Dub of Kai. Its not so much of what he said but how he said it. Although I know that the 8000 line is more accurate. So I thought it would be nice to have both versions part of my collection. I guess I'm really into preserving different version of dbz despite of what others may feel about a certain version.=]
So you prefer edited Kai cause of "Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!" that's all?
No I prefer that specific censored scene over the uncut version of that scene. Thats all I meant, I probably should have been a bit more detailed lol.

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 pm

penguintruth wrote:If you're still wrapped up in the OVER 9000 meme in 2013, you should be banned from owning DB-related products.

Haha take it easy, Nothing wrong with liking a certain line from a certain dub.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 pm

penguintruth wrote:If you're still wrapped up in the OVER 9000 meme in 2013, you should be banned from owning DB-related products.
VegettoEX won't like that post. You know the rules. We can't say mean stuff.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 pm

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:

Haha take it easy, Nothing wrong with liking a certain line from a certain dub.
But it's not even the dub that this series has.

If you're looking for the classic 9000, you should get the Rock the Dragon Set.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:

I guess that last meme is a hint pertaining to us not being nice people lol.

SuperGhostKamikaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperGhostKamikaze » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

I actually will be one of the 5 people buying the Rock The Dragon Set haha. But the difference in the Censored Kai version is the Funimation Cast over the Ocean Cast. But Hey I like both of them so its really no biggie & btw Thanks "puto" for informing me that the censored version is only for tv.
Last edited by SuperGhostKamikaze on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Of course, we're all aggressive rottweilers held back by the powerful chains of our overlord, VegettoEX. :lol:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm

SuperGhostKamikaze wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:

I guess that last meme is a hint pertaining to us not being nice people lol.
Let's be honest. Have you ever qanted to question someone on this site in a insult-style way. I'm not talking about major insult. But common internet insult like "Are we watching the same series?" or "Wow that's really dumb are you to think that'. I understand why he wants a clean site but sometimes he goes a little to far lol

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 pm

If you want to watch Dbz kai(Non uncut) go on Nicktoons website or Animefreak