Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:43 pm

mAcChaos wrote:What makes you guys think Clarke was better in Kai?

I like his version of Cell but in Kai it feels kind of like he is straining his voice, or something. I can't put my finger on it...
Really? I thought it sounded MORE natural and better acted. O.o
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:50 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:What makes you guys think Clarke was better in Kai?

I like his version of Cell but in Kai it feels kind of like he is straining his voice, or something. I can't put my finger on it...
Really? I thought it sounded MORE natural and better acted. O.o
I agree with Kaiser here, I'm not hearing this supposed unnatural take in Kai. I loved the way he portrayed Cell in Kai, especially against Vegeta. His delivery was so appropriately sarcastic and dickish.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Too be honest while Dameon is better in Kai do hear that weird throaty sound people are talking about. Personally I like Lordcreavos the best. His Cell is just awesome and I really hope he replaces Travis Willingham as Cell as he does a much better job.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Too be honest while Dameon is better in Kai do hear that weird throaty sound people are talking about. Personally I like Lordcreavos the best. His Cell is just awesome and I really hope he replaces Travis Willingham as Cell as he does a much better job.
Who is Lordcreavous?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Too be honest while Dameon is better in Kai do hear that weird throaty sound people are talking about. Personally I like Lordcreavos the best. His Cell is just awesome and I really hope he replaces Travis Willingham as Cell as he does a much better job.
Who is Lordcreavous?
http://www.youtube.com/user/LordCrehavos9000/videos

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:58 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Who is Lordcreavous?
http://www.youtube.com/user/LordCrehavos9000/videos
And Funimation didn't hire him? ANY VOICE ACTING COMPANY DIDN"T HIRE HIM! The world has failed. Btw 2013 > 09 > 011. But why....WHY! His 2013 sounds so real! Great now I'm a fanboy

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
And Funimation didn't hire him? ANY VOICE ACTING COMPANY DIDN"T HIRE HIM! The world has failed. Btw 2013 > 09 > 011. But why....WHY! His 2013 sounds so real! Great now I'm a fanboy
He has done gigs, you'd have to ask what they were though. I like him better than Clarke as he combines what I liked about Old and New Cell, with his own little take. He is definitely better than Travis who does a terrible Perfect Cell (He does 1st and second pretty well though). This guy can also do Imperfect and Semi Perfect really well too.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 am

Even though Josh Martin getting recast is pretty unlikely, what if Fat Buu had a voice like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alnPmA1824

Selcier

Post by Selcier » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Even though Josh Martin getting recast is pretty unlikely, what if Fat Buu had a voice like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alnPmA1824
That. Would be horrifying. It's too maniacial. Boo just doesn't understand. He is simple - not creepy.

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:59 am

To all the people getting impatient, the release will come. FUNi is screwing up with some DBZ stuff, as usual, but this, I think that they are really taking their time with, and really working hard to create a good product. I think that they believe they have an obligation to the fanbase to make this one good. It does take time. I can't follow the technical aspects with it, but I'm sure that once it's released, it will be worth the wait.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 pm

WesMan23 wrote:To all the people getting impatient, the release will come. FUNi is screwing up with some DBZ stuff, as usual, but this, I think that they are really taking their time with, and really working hard to create a good product. I think that they believe they have an obligation to the fanbase to make this one good. It does take time. I can't follow the technical aspects with it, but I'm sure that once it's released, it will be worth the wait.
So, this guy I chat with has a theory of the Boo arc starting soon:
<him> We might be getting the Boo arc in Kai on November 9th.
<me> where do you got this from?
<him> November 2nd will be the last episode that's aired world wide.
<him> Vortexx only has 5 more episodes left of the Cell arc to air.
<him> And we know FUNimation's been dubbing the Boo arc.
<me> one can hope

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 am

If it's already done, no way are we getting a quality product. Maybe if just season 5 is done.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 am

Selcier wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:Even though Josh Martin getting recast is pretty unlikely, what if Fat Buu had a voice like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alnPmA1824
That. Would be horrifying. It's too maniacial. Boo just doesn't understand. He is simple - not creepy.
"Gunshot to the head" Please god no!!!
I doubt we'll see it this November, March at the earliest is when I predict it will air.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 am

Someone who went to Ryo Horikawa's concert tweeted that he had said the show would air in the US before Japan.

https://twitter.com/len_co/status/383956851785601025

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 am

Did I miss an official announcement? If I didn't, I think throwing out dates, even broad ones like "March," is a little overzealous. From what I can tell, all news on this are actor leaks, and no official company has said a word. We're not supposed to know this is happening.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:34 am

kei17 wrote:Someone who went to Ryo Horikawa's concert tweeted that he had said the show would air in the US before Japan.

As vague as that is, I guess it doesn't rule out those episodes being released there at all.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

kei17 wrote:Someone who went to Ryo Horikawa's concert tweeted that he had said the show would air in the US before Japan.

Could his source be trusted? I mean he could just easily make things up with no proof that Kai would be airing in U.S. before Japan.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

G1GACANN0N
Not-So-Newbie

Post by G1GACANN0N » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Of course it will air in the US before Japan, it's not supposed to air in Japan at all.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:

Could her source be trusted? I mean she could just easily make things up with no proof that Kai would be airing in U.S. before Japan.
She seems to have not known the Buu arc of Kai at all until hearing about it from Horikawa, so it's highly unlikely that she's lying.

Blu-ray_Mistress
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Blu-ray_Mistress » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 am

I wonder of how much they are going to take out of the Buu Saga?