SSJ4 VS SSJG

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

SSJ4 VS SSJG

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 am

Alright, we know this has been talked over a lot, but I thought we should get a decisive answer to this question and see whats the overall better form. Just because one is stronger than the other does not make it better as we have seen with Grade 3. Now ill start this off with what we know about each form. This will be a serious power debate so no SSJ4 or GT is non canon in this topic please.

SSJ4

*Can be achieved by a single Saiyan.

*Requires at least SSJ1 and a tail

*Utterly eclipses the previous forms in all aspects.

*Has little to no energy drain whatsoever.

*Reverts to base either by will, loss of the tail, or if the Saiyan has absolutely no energy left.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SSJG

*Cannot be attained alone.

*Requires the power of 6 Saiyans, one to attain the form and 5 others to give their energy to him/her.

*Surpasses all the previous forms in all aspects.

*Has a time limit (Based on screentime roughly 5 or so minutes).

*When time expires some of the energy lingers on (though since we dont know how much and for how long, I will disregard this factor as it cannot be accurately used)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I personally think SSJ4 is the overall better form and heres why. Even though SSJG is stronger and faster, the fact it cannot be obtained alone and that it has a time limit seems to be a severe disadvantage when compared to SSJ4, which has no drawbacks that I can think of. All SSJ4 has to do is outlast the time limit of SSJG and the fight would essentially be over for SSJG. Some may say that SSJ4 wouldn't last bud id like to point out that Goku survived a beating by Omega Shenron and still managed to hold the form not to mention blow Omega up to the point where he had to regenerate so I definitely think SSJ4 has the durability to outlast the time limit and the battle will be over.

So what do you guys think? Also, please dont bring the whole Bills is stronger than SSJ3 Vegito argument into this. SSJ3 Vegito does not officially exist outside of Multiverse so we really cannot say for certain Bills is stronger than Vegito in SSJ3. As it stands the only official statement is that hes stronger than Super Vegito. Support your arguments with scans and official statements if you wish.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: SSJ4 VS SSJG

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 am

Wait this is a power debate? I'm confused. You just said just cause it's stronger doesn't mean better. However I'll treat this more like a FPSSJ(SSJ4) and USSJ(SSG) comparison.

So let's go point by point.

The way it's obtain: SSJ4 got this. Yes rare you'll get a SSJ with a tail but when the chances of getting 6 pure saiyans. When in fact 99%(Besides those outcast) of Saiyans were warriors of killers. So the way it's obtain SSJ4 also makes more sense IMO. I just didn't like the fact they pretty much gave Goku SSG. Literally gave it to him. Not even Goku liked that. I understand why they did it(For Birsu) but in general I hate you're just given the form. You could be as weak as Tarble and still get this form. So honestly I don't call it a SSJ form but rather Saiyan God form. Super Saiyan was added to seem cooler and better hype. So SSJ4 wins this.

Now requirements. I talked about it so this will be shorter. Okay we know the odds of getting 6 pure Saiyans(Making the form more rare than a falling cow. This happen in Japan once I think.). So you're fucked if you're trying to get this. Now before anyone say the tail was cheated for Goku and Vegeta. Let's be reminded that you need SSJ. Don't forget how hard t was for them to get that. Now the same goes for any other Saiyan that has a tail. SSJ4 wins again

Both forms surpasses all the previous form. But which one is stronger? I honestly can say I don't know. As I think with exception of fusion almost all SSJ4(s) are around the same power. I got this with Vegeta SSJ4 = Goku SSJ4. Goku could have power down or have been injured but both took damage. However the power of SSJ4 can be increased with going over the limits. Similar to SSG this needs saiyans to give you energy. However if they get into rage mode I think they an reach the same power. So I think SSJ4 has a set power that's suppose to make them the strongest in the universe by normal means. Now Super Saiyan God. Also in my opinion SSG does NOT have a set power and is based off of the energy power of the Saiyans. So in all honestly SSG is all powers compared to SSJ4. Weaker, Stronger, and Equal. I mean if the power of SSG was stronger than SSJ4's unknown power increase then would't the Pure Saiyan killed all evil saiyans instantly even with the time limit. So we can't discuss power comparison IMO. Also you keep the SSJ God power in your SSJ form if my sources are right(even though Goku most likely lost it since he used SSG twice). So The SSJ SSG power is equal to SSJ4 perhaps. So draw.

Energy Drain time limit - Pretty much self explained. SSJ4 wins. Though SSG was most likely meant to get the job done in the goal however the time limit did mess that up up for the original SSG. For Goku since he he had SSJ. Unless he had the power in base which creates a plot hole. Saying this because the original SSG as soon as he lost the time limit he died. SSJ4 only draw-back is that if you lose energy you revert. Don't know if you can master it. But SSJ4 wins.

Appearance - Now some people love SSG appearance, some people tolerate it(me), and others hate it. SSJ4. Some people think it looks badass(Me), other tolerate it, and other think it's stupid and should have been Yellow. Okay let me just say for everyone who said SSJ4 should have been yellow or SSG should had been a yellow SSJ4 should see what a yellow SSJ4 look like. That looks AWFUL and I mean AWFUL. IMO SSJ4 should have been Brown or Black. Okay this is not common AT ALL. But Super Saiyan God looks SCARY not cute. SCARY. I would rather fuck around with SSJ4 than SSG only because of how scary SSG look(Chuquita is going to kill me ). Those eyes are creepy with his Golden like skin and red hair. He looks like he can mind fuck you like a Jedi, Kotoamatsukami , or his eyes are the Death notes. He looks like he can kill you in a second. SSJ4 however looks cool and a great mixture of being an ape/monkey and a human like body. So yeah. SSJ4 might look more tougher, badass, and regular, SSG wins for looking more scary(The exact opposite of what was intended) and looking like he can fuck you up if you mess with anything he likes.
Now, I personally think SSJ4 is the overall better form and heres why. Even though SSJG is stronger and faster, the fact it cannot be obtained alone and that it has a time limit seems to be a severe disadvantage when compared to SSJ4, which has no drawbacks that I can think of. All SSJ4 has to do is outlast the time limit of SSJG and the fight would essentially be over for SSJG. Some may say that SSJ4 wouldn't last bud id like to point out that Goku survived a beating by Omega Shenron and still managed to hold the form not to mention blow Omega up to the point where he had to regenerate so I definitely think SSJ4 has the durability to outlast the time limit and the battle will be over.
You pretty much took the words right out of my head, No better way to explain this. I also don't want a power debate over Vegetto and Birsu since this have NOTHING to do with them. Vegetto isn't a SSJ4 nor a SSG.

P.S: I have to do one DBGT joke. SSJ4 only draw back is your less durability to weaker objects(But more durable to stronger objects) and your power increase but your muscle decreases.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 am

As much as I dont wanna drag Vegito into this, he is a ket part of the debate as hes mentioned with both forms. SSJ4 rumored to nearly equal him while SSJG is stronger than him. Knowing how close SSJ4 is to Super Vegito would honestly help a lot. Also, when I said power debate I meant looking at what both forms have achieved and stack them against each other. Another key piece of the argument would be Omega Shenron vs Bills, who I honestly believe would get obliterated by Omega in a fight. If SSJ4 Goku can take a severe beating by someone who could annihilate Bills which beat SSJG using only 70% power, I think that gives SSJ4 a major advantage in my opinion.

I just dont see how SSJG can win in a fight with SSJ4 because of that time limit and we cant use the lingering power factor due to its amount and length being unknown. Based off currently known knowledge, I give the win to SSJ4 simply for its ability to outlast the SSJG time limit.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:24 am

Re: TheGmGoken
Aw I'm not gonna kill anyone. :3 I do get what you mean with the irises; without the white highlights the anime/manga tropes of "is the character hypnotized?" and "is that a yandere stare in that character's eyes" do come into play (which is why I tend to draw ssjg Goku with those missing highlights on the eyes).

Re: General thoughts

Well, ssj4 is fluffy, and it brings the tail back, and it rescues Goku from spending the entire series in child form to which I'm grateful to ssj4 for. It's also got the distinction of different color schemes for Goku (yellow iris, black hair, magenta fur) and Vegeta (blue iris, brown hair, red fur). It also features magical pants, and that fact does amuse me. :3 Though it does leave the questions of "are ssj4 legs covered in fluffy fur too, and are their rumps bare of said fur?" unanswered. It's also got that interesting eyeshadow-like thing going on around the eyes--which further makes me wonder if ssj4 is like certain breeds of birds where the males are the flashy-colored ones and the females blend in with nature; like would Bra or Pan's ssj4 be dull shades of red or brown?

Ssjg on the other hand is bluntly adorable with it's huge red irises, wavy magenta hair, and lithe body. It's one pretty costume change away from magical girl territory. Not to mention Goku's sweetly uncomfortable about all this. Also, he's got fire element power and untrackable ki. Surprisingly, even though I gush now, my initial impression was kind of neutral until I got a chance to draw him; once that happened I realized what a goldmine of cute this form is and have since drawn versions of ssjg activated during ssj1, 2, 3, and 4. I'm also entertained by the fact that script-rewrites have brought forth the concept of other saiyajin cultures that had existed beside and were defeated by the violent one shown in filler episodes, flashbacks, and GT.

So, I guess my answer is ssj4 is more fun, and ssjg is cuter.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 am

I personally see SSJ4's color scheme ranging from shades of red, brown, or black.

But I must ask, if these forms were locked in a fight to the death, which form would you think would win and why?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:36 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:As much as I dont wanna drag Vegito into this, he is a ket part of the debate as hes mentioned with both forms. SSJ4 rumored to nearly equal him while SSJG is stronger than him. Knowing how close SSJ4 is to Super Vegito would honestly help a lot. Also, when I said power debate I meant looking at what both forms have achieved and stack them against each other. Another key piece of the argument would be Omega Shenron vs Bills, who I honestly believe would get obliterated by Omega in a fight. If SSJ4 Goku can take a severe beating by someone who could annihilate Bills which beat SSJG using only 70% power, I think that gives SSJ4 a major advantage in my opinion.

I just dont see how SSJG can win in a fight with SSJ4 because of that time limit and we cant use the lingering power factor due to its amount and length being unknown. Based off currently known knowledge, I give the win to SSJ4 simply for its ability to outlast the SSJG time limit.
I see what you mean. I was just more or less stating I won't be debating it. I will however debate that SSG's time limit pretty much makes the form useless in an even battle. They can't kill their opponent instantly and the time limit is will run out. So basically SSG is good for destroying people like Boo fast. As I said. To me SSG have no power increase the same for everyone so the power can't be define. SO I'm guessing we're going by Goku's SSG. Which I think is weaker than SSJ4 only because of time limit and the fact SSJ4 Goku go go beyond his limit by doing the same thing that SSG did or be enraged. Only thing SSG got only SSJ4 IMO is speed and lack of regular ki. God Ki.

"Just curious but does Fusion have God Ki? The Potara is what I mean"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:52 am

I dont think the fusion warriors have godly ki. If someone like Vegito did I highly doubt the statement about Bills being stronger than him would be around.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 am

It's pretty clear that these forms are dividers instead of multipliers, as base Goku outperforms them both.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I dont think the fusion warriors have godly ki. If someone like Vegito did I highly doubt the statement about Bills being stronger than him would be around.
Maybe Birsu have more godly ki.

Yup. I decided to debate on Vegetto anyways

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:01 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:It's pretty clear that these forms are dividers instead of multipliers, as base Goku outperforms them both.
How do you figure?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:It's pretty clear that these forms are dividers instead of multipliers, as base Goku outperforms them both.
How do you figure?
DBGT. Goku did better than SSJ4 Goku more times than not. SSG...when reverted Goku started to do better against Birsu. Debatable that Goku didn't know he reverted so he kept the power.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:08 am

We know that SSG Goku > Super Vegetto >= SS4 Goku, so... guess who the winner is.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am

Be that as it may, thats referring to base form Goku. This is SSJ4 Goku vs SSJG Goku.

For a moment I'm gonna go off topic for the sake of getting more solid answers with this debate by talking about Omega Shenron vs Bills, another key element of this debate as they are both the strongest enemies SSJ4 and SSJG fight. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember in GT that Omega Shenron's very existence was slowly destroying the universe? Is that true at all?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Be that as it may, thats referring to base form Goku. This is SSJ4 Goku vs SSJG Goku.
:eh: What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about base Goku...
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember in GT that Omega Shenron's very existence was slowly destroying the universe? Is that true at all?
It's true, but it had nothing to do with his power. The negative energy from the Dragon Balls had spread on Earth, polluted it, and caused natural destructions that were slowly destroying Earth. If Earth had exploded, the negative energy would have spread to the nearby planets. Then the nearby planets would suffer the same fate as Earth, and the negative energy would eventually destroy the whole universe.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 am

The base Goku comment was for Goken.

Well in a way with that negative energy, Omega's very existence would be destroying the universe seeing as he has full control over that negative energy. I dont see Bill's destroying anything just by standing around. Also, SSJ4 Goku managed to blow up Omega to a point where regeneration was needed to come back. If not for the regeneration, Omega would have fallen to SSJ4 Goku.

Also the whole SSG Goku > Super Vegetto >= SS4 Goku doesn't really hold much merit as I said this is to see which form is the overall best. Yes SSJG may be faster and stronger but we are weighing benefits against drawbacks between the forms an when it comes down to that, SSJ4 wins rather easily. Much easier to obtain not to mention can be obtained on your own. No time limit, arguably higher durability, and nearly no drain on the body not to mention Goku can go into it instantly as we see him do it while helping to evacuate Earth.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:07 am

Ignoring power then, it depends on the user of Super Saiyan God. Goku managed to absorb the SSG power, and then power-up to Super Saiyan, which made him insignificantly weaker. Since Goku has mastered Super Saiyan, for him, Super Saiyan is his best state (ignoring power): it consumes less ki than any other form (to the point he can stay transformed for days), it doesn't affect his personality in any way, and its power, speed, etc are all balanced. So, with Super Saiyan God's power, Goku's Super Saiyan form becomes the perfect Saiyan form.

But if the user can't absorb the power (like the previous Super Saiyan God), then Super Saiyan 4 is better. But still, I think that there is plenty of time for Super Saiyan 4 to get beaten by a Super Saiyan God.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 am

SSJG > Clock > Glass > SSJ4 :lol:

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 am

SSJ God is easily the superior form, If we took 2 GT Gokus and gave them the 2 forms, SSJ God would kill SSJ4 with a finger. Yeah, it has a time limit, but SSJ4 will NOT last long enough. Then we have to consider the fact that Goku can absorb the power of SSJ God, extending the time he can have this power. SSJ God wins. Now if we were to take Z SSJ God Goku and compared him to SSJ4 GT Goku.... it's still the same result. SSJ God is that powerful.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 pm

The clock was hurled at Goku by the strongest villain in the series, why wouldn't it hurt him? King Piccolo paralyzed one of Goku's arms by simply blowing a small rock at it, the same Goku who had an axe break on his forehead because it was used by a person much weaker than him.

On topic though, I'd like to think that SSJ4 is slightly superior to SSJ Vegetto and Godku... basically SSJ4 Goku and Beers are equal imo. I place Whis equal to Super 17 after he absorbs all that energy.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:We know that SSG Goku > Super Vegetto >= SS4 Goku, so... guess who the winner is.
USSJ > SSJ but that doesn't mean they win :lol: . THis is suppose to be the better OVERALL form.

Be that as it may, thats referring to base form Goku. This is SSJ4 Goku vs SSJG Goku.
I was responding to RandomGuy96
The clock was hurled at Goku by the strongest villain in the series, why wouldn't it hurt him?
Explain the building not being able to be picked up and the glass.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:SSJ God is easily the superior form, If we took 2 GT Gokus and gave them the 2 forms, SSJ God would kill SSJ4 with a finger. Yeah, it has a time limit, but SSJ4 will NOT last long enough. Then we have to consider the fact that Goku can absorb the power of SSJ God, extending the time he can have this power. SSJ God wins. Now if we were to take Z SSJ God Goku and compared him to SSJ4 GT Goku.... it's still the same result. SSJ God is that powerful.
Yes it's very powerful. But you forget how much durable SSJ4 has. The SSJ4 can take a HUUUUGE beating. The only way to get out of it is to have ZERO ki. If you want to play fair then SSJ4 can do the same thing as Super Saiyan form. Get 6 saiyans to give him energy and go beyond the limits. Which we know beyond the limits is superior to Vegetto(Due to perhaps statement) so it's a good plane field. So due to the durable of SSJ4(and Saiyans), I'm pretty sure A SSJ4 can out do the time limit even to the point of absorbing the power SSJ SSG, So if the user takes the SSG power in SSJ. SSJ4 can go way beyond his limits and injure the SSJG to the point of both users out of energy. So in fact it may be a tie.