DBZ English Dub Fans on Kanzenshuu

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JEFFMAN219
Regular

DBZ English Dub Fans on Kanzenshuu

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 am

As a Dragon Ball/Z english dub fan I would to know how many people on kanzenshuu who are only English dub fans of the Dragon Ball series? :D

bkev
I Live Here

Re: DBZ English dub fans on kanzenshuu

Post by bkev » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 am

I'm not one of them, but you'll find quite a few. A fair amount of people, even here, prefer the dub simply because of the Faulconer score.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:04 am

bkev wrote:I'm not one of them, but you'll find quite a few. A fair amount of people, even here, prefer the dub simply because of the Faulconer score.
I like watching the funimation dub with the faulconer score and the Japanese score. And ya I'm going to ignore the troll above you

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:05 am

I just want to know how many dub fans are members of this site.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 am

Lord Exor comes to mind.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 am

ringworm128 wrote:Lord Exor comes to mind.
As does 90sDBZ.
-Joey

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 am

I suppose I could be called a dub fan, considering I started with the Ocean Dub back from the beginning and followed the whole series through during it's TV duration. Between watching Kai dubbed and the original subbed, I've kinda fallen out with the original dub, but I still consider myself a dub fan due to preferring the Kai dub as my favorite viewing of the franchise (at least animated...I'm a pretty big manga guy these days, and that'd probably be my absolute favorite way to enjoy the series).

So yeah, mark me down for a proud dubbie (with a subnote of vastly preferring the good dub of Kai)
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:22 am

The only thing I prefer in the original FUNimation dub of Dragonball Z is the music. As for the rest of the dub, I don't really care for it as it changes too much of the original script. The voice cast eventually came to be pretty good though.
The world's greatest.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:28 am

I prefer different versions depending on the scene but overall I like the Funi dub the best.

Karrit
Beyond Newbie

Post by Karrit » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:35 am

I am a dub fan. For me it's about Nostalgia. It brings back back memories. However, I am all about accurate scripts and original scores. The Falconer music was nice though.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 am

I am very fond of the Ocean dub, and perfectly alright with the Funimation dub. :)
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am

I mean I can enjoy the Funi Kai dub if I had to and I've always liked the Ocean/Westwood dub as it's what I grew up on but my primary focus is the Japanese. Happy to defend elements of the dub though.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 am

Primarily a dub watcher, especially with Kai. So I guess you can call me a dub-fan for the Dragon Ball franchise.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 am

Lool glad to see there's a lot of English dub fans on kanzenshuu like me :D

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:27 am

I prefer the English dub over the original because I'm an unwashed peasant of the Kanzenshuu forum.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 am

I like them both, though I do prefer the english dub because of DBZ Kai. I miss the Yamamoto soundtrack but all in all, I find Kai's english dub to by my favorite. Have yet to hear the Japanese Kai dub, maybe ill do that today.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah definitely a dub-fan here.
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:57 pm

The only dub that I find to be consistently good enough for me to absolutely love would be the dub of Kai. Which is not to say I completely dismiss the other dubs, but with every other dub, when asked if I like them or not, I have to respond, "Eh, depends on which part of the dub we're talking about." The Kai dub is the only dub where I don't have to give that answer.

In any event, I think that qualifies me as a dub fan!
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: DBZ English Dub Fans on Kanzenshuu

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Love the Funi dub, especially the Kai dub. Ocean dub... questionable. But yeah the Funi dub mostly due to nostalgia from the good old toonami days, and also the Faulconer score.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: DBZ English Dub Fans on Kanzenshuu

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:59 pm

You can put me on the list, full stop. I've found I can switch between English and Japanese pretty much on the fly without any "Ohmahgerd, Funnymation, stahp!" reaction just because the dub is strange in places.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada