General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm

While the page for Solid State Scouter in the Lyric Database correctly notes that there is no lyric sheet for the track and, consistent with the booklet of Hit Song Collection IV, accurately credits Yasunori Iwasaki for both composition and arrangement:
The story is not quite the same with the TV Special page where the insert song somehow credits him for lyrics instead of composition:
(Also, the "VOICE" credit is probably different from vocals in the conventional sense.)

Once again, thanks for the work you all do to document this with as much accuracy as possible.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:21 pm

Loved seeing the news post about Yabuki as a fan of his works, but for that very reason I did notice something! Right after the Gohanks image and quote, the next paragraph is a bit outdated:
The same Kentarō Yabuki that won the fusion contest “Cool Prize” in 1995 at the young age of 15 would go on to publish manga in the same pages of Jump as his childhood idol, Akira Toriyama. Following his professional debut a few years earlier, Yabuki hit it big in 2000 with the series Black Cat (which ran until 2004 and received a television series adaptation). Yabuki continues working in manga illustration to this day, from 2006’s To Love-Ru to the ongoing manga adaptation of the 2018 animated series Darling in the Franxx.
Not only did Yabuki finish Franxx in January 2020, but he went on to start and finish Ayakashi Triangle, another series entirely, between June 2020 and September 2023!

Separately from that...

I also noticed on the video game soundtracks page in the music database that the general information section under Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Special Music Selections (at the very bottom of the page) incorrectly refers to the game title with a "Z" twice:
  • Included exclusively as part of the “Collector’s Edition” version of the Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One video game Dragon Ball Z XENOVERSE 2 released in North America
  • Packaged in its own steelbook case (which is produced to hold two discs, though only one CD is contained)
  • Contains a selection of music from the Dragon Ball Z XENOVERSE 2 video game
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:17 pm

Thanks for that! Totally on me -- meant to update the text I was porting from the fusion contest feature we posted a couple years back, and then totally brain-farted on it before publishing. Updated~!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:27 pm

In the Personal Pronouns Tidbits page, for Boo, it reads
"It be an instance of Freeza-like mock politeness."
when I'm assuming it's supposed to say
"It might/could be an instance of Freeza-like mock politeness."
Go over time and space...

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 am

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/features/ken ... ospective/
This particular page from over a decade ago has been a great help in summarizing and introducing the topic in question for those who may not have had a reference point to start with. So I'd like to begin by saying that I appreciate its existence a lot.
That said, the reason I'm mentioning it in this thread today is that since it's been used as a "source" for certain details on some sites I edit at, there's just one problem I've found with it.

It posits that "MONOLITH" or any variation thereof is an "alias" specifically belonging to Kenji Yamamoto.

But in reality, it was just a unit set up by then-Nippon Columbia producer Takashi Uchida for the Hit Song Collections primarily (aside a few appearances in video game soundtrack credits under the "HYPER MONOLITH" variation for a 1993 Super Butoden entry).
This interview mentions it: https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_528.html

Relevant section:
Kageyama: Back then, the music producer at Columbia was Mr. Uchida. He formed a special team that focused specifically on music for "Dragon Ball Z" called PROJECT "MONOLITH".

There were four main singers. The male singers were me and Shinichi Ishihara, and the female singers were KUKO (who performs with the stage name "Ikuko" these days) from the band Waffle, and YUKA. Then there was the composer of "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA", Chiho Kiyooka, and the synth programmer from Yellow Magic Orchestra, Hideki Matsutake. Finally, Sakiko Iwamuro and Dai Sato were in charge of the lyrics.
(Of note is that Yamamoto is not even mentioned in this brief member listing even as a well-known member, for obvious reasons.)

I'm not sure if it's too late to issue a correction or anything, but I feel this should be clarified somehow.

Additional info: The group seems to have officially dissolved in 1993, after Hit Song Collection 15 and a separate album called "TWINKLE LITTLE STAR" (COCC-11008) that Yamamoto himself wasn't involved in. The name resurfacing since then was limited to the Final Bout OST (but not directly the same, especially since it was a different label and the group name was "HP K's World from MONOLITH"), and a live album from 1998 which seemed to be some sort of reunion (will need to acquire a booklet from either edition or scans to confirm more details).