If you could only keep 3 items in your DB Collection...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beji
Regular

If you could only keep 3 items in your DB Collection...

Post by Beji » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm

What would these items be? I was going to ask what figures but I realized not everyone on here collects those and own mostly media releases.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem besides me trying to narrow a collection down. After rearranging my collection I realized I would never be able to compress it to such a low number. I'd love to hear everyone's 3 items and maybe their reasons why.

For me(while kicking and screaming) they would be:

1. US Dragon Boxes- Self explanatory. I would need a release like this with the quality boxes and cover art on them as well I couldn't part with these unless a miracle blu-ray release with a superior 4:3 quality picture and the English and Japanese BGM.
2. Vizbigs- The manga itself is so appealing and I feel like anyone who watched the show and never read the manga needs to read it in full it is amazing. The Vizbigs are the most accurate release so far on great paper so I'd have to keep them over the Kanzenbans since I can't read and share them.
3. FUNi movie singles- This last slot was hard to choose(between these or the Dragon Ball season sets) but I threw it to the movies only because of nostalgia and animation quality. I would need the English BGM so the Dragon box movies would have to go away :(

For figures It would have to be
1. Goku SSJ vs Freeza (Resin)- It is so gorgeous the right size and no flaws that I can see(yet) It is a resin that I can display and quite easily call it my favorite Dragon Ball item.
2. Goku and Shenron (Banpresto Ichiban Kuji)- I love how it looks too much. And reminds me of the end of both the Cell saga and Z itself.
3. Goku riding a dinosaur (Desktop McCoy)- Represents a little bit of Dragon Ball for me but mainly Akira Toriyama and all of his art books that I love so much. Also I got it when I was in the main swing of trying to collect the items I wanted the most.

This is literally one of the hardest lists I've tried to make :lol:
So what would you guys keep? Also let me know if this has been posted before I tried looking. I'd love to see old answers as well.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: If you could only keep 3 items in your DB Collection...

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

1. Dragonbox 5. Just for the Goku vs Cell fight

2. Db path to power. Favorite Db movie

3. Db soundtrack. To listen to the beautiful music of Db.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Um...DBZ Kai, My Budokai HD Collection and GT. I don't much care for Seasons 1 - 4 of Dragon Ball and that's all I own. XP
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Hmmm lets see:
1. DBZ Kai Season 2, the only media thing I own of dbz was going to get the Orange Bricks but then the Blu Rays were announced.
2. My 13inch Vegetto, that guy is so awesome.
3. Hmm probs my SS God Goku Shodo figure due to it being my 2nd favourite saiyan form behind SS3.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

I would keep my Budokai 1 for the PS2, the 13th manga volume and VHS of Movie 13. Those are the ones that I would get sad to wake up one day and not have them in my room.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 pm

My Budokai 3 (signed by Vic Mignogna and Sonny Strait), my orange bricks (don't judge me), and my Super DBZ.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 pm

(1) Pictures I took with Masako Nozawa, Sean Schemmel, Toshio Furukawa, Chris Sabat, Kara Edwards, Yuko Minaguchi, Kyle Hebert
Reason:...cuz how many other people can say they have pictures with Masako Nozawa, etc? 8)

(2) Wall Scroll and Chozenshuu 1 dust cover each with signatures of:
Masako Nozawa (Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardok, Turles)
Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo)
Ryūsei Nakao (Freeza)
Yuko Minaguchi (Pan and Videl)
Sean Schemmel (Goku, Nail, Kaio-sama)
Chris Sabat (Piccolo, Vegeta, Guru, Piccolo Daimao, Yamcha, Jeice, Butta, etc etc etc)
Kara Edwards (Videl and Goten)
Kyle Hebert (teen Gohan, Ox King Narrator)
Reason:...cuz autographs are super cool and remiond me of my awesome memories from animazement and awa

(3) All the Dragon Ball DVDs I have (if I could only choose one set then no brainer it'd be the Funimation singles from Ginyu saga to end cuz it has the best of both worlds 4:3 with Japanese and American Broadcast)
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, I'd be really sad to see the manga and Kai go, but it would have to be my Blue Bricks, my Funi Dragon Boxes and my Green Bricks, so that is have the whole series on DVD. Things like guidebooks just can't compare to the series itself for me.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:45 pm

1. Orange Bricks
2. Budokai games
3. Rock the Dragon set

If you can't include multiple Seasons or games then

1. Orange Brick Season 3
2. Budokai 3 PS2
3. Rock the Dragon set

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Honestly, a vast majority of my time spent enjoying Dragon Ball (in any capacity) is through Kanzenshuu. For large stretches of time the site, forum and podcast is where all of my interaction with the series comes from, so if I could have access to the Kanz as one of my three items, that would be the first. Then I guess Dragon Boxes and a large CD set. But really just Kanzenshuu.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Three items...so does the Manga count as one item or 42? Because going by previous posts, it seems like it's one.

Since that'd be too easy, I'm gonna go with only three, actual, individual items...crap, that's difficult.

Let me see:
- Dragon Ball Viz-Big 5
- Dragon Ball Complete Illustrations
- Battle of Gods Poster

Of course, I'd have the Kanzenshuu podcast to make up for all the missing stuff. :)

My reasoning here is that, potentially, I may not be able to watch my DVDs at some point in the future. These three items will be with me forever if I take good enough care of them and they'll always just be there on my shelf whenever I need them. I wouldn't have to try hunt down a new DVD player 50 years from now. :wink:

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, frankly, in retrospect, I wish I HAD kept my Dragon Boxes before selling most of them, and my signed copy of Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 1 (hey, immediate needs supersedes future needs, and this is what happens when you procrastinate managing your money properly), but I'll have better luck buying the Japanese Dragon Box set at this point.

1. What's left of my domestic Dragon Boxes. (Debatable, actually, since I'm looking into the Japanese sets)
2. My Dimps Dragon Ball games.
3. My growing Kanzenban collection.

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Assuming that "sets of things" count as one thing as people seem to be grouping them, my Dragon Ball Season Sets, DBZ Dragon Boxes, and movie singles. I only own random parts of the manga so I guess I could afford to lose it from my collection.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 pm

1. My Vizbig set
2. My Super Art Collection
3. My issue of Viz's Jump with Cross Epoch

I would be losing:
1. My two Dragon Ball Online Guidebooks
2. Battle of Gods Movie Guide
3. Various video games
4. Digital Copies of Viz's Jump...actually if those count I would toss Cross Epoch for them.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 pm

My VizBig collection, my Dragon Box collection....and uh, GT box set I guess?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 am

Dragon Ball Z The Movie: Strongest Guy In The World
Dragon Ball Z The Movie: Super Battle In The World
Dragon Ball Z The Movie: Super Saiya Son Goku

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:20 am

I don't know what other two items i'd keep but the one item i'd definitely keeep is my 10th Anniversary Jakks Pacific Battle Damaged Goku action figure. I was late into the whole figure collecting scene, but when I did start, this was my very first one. It has sentimental value.
One World. 🌐 🕊