More FUNi Dragon Boxes: Will it ever happen?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: More FUNi Dragon Boxes: Will it ever happen?

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:50 pm

"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Insertclevername wrote:No. Because Gen Fukunaga beats up puppies and hates us.
Bit of a bold statement. I doubt FUNimation is that evil regardless of how they release their anime.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:51 pm

I'd like for Dragon Ball Dragon Box and Dragon Ball Movies Dragon Box to happen because technically we already have DBGT Dragon Box anyway.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 pm

The only glimmer of hope you might have of obtaining FUNimation's DragonBox sets, is if Madman releases them. I really don't see that happening though. So... no, no it probably will never happen.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:The only glimmer of hope you might have of obtaining FUNimation's DragonBox sets, is if Madman releases them. I really don't see that happening though. So... no, no it probably will never happen.
I remember emailing Madman about that back in 2010 (was the subject of my first post on the forum too!).

Yeah, they said they didn't plan to. Having another release of Z would be too confusing for us Kiwis, which is why we have the 'Level' sets and DBZKai now, as well. :lol:

On a side note, they also said they'd bring out FUNimation's re-release of Curse of the Blood Rubies if there was anything significantly different about it. And three or so years later... :roll: