Should Vegeta achieve SSJ God?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupaSaiya-jin

Should Vegeta achieve SSJ God?

Post by SupaSaiya-jin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Since Toriyama said if there was to be another DBZ movie, Vegeta would be the protagonist.
My question is do you think Vegeta will achieve Super Saiyan God?
Personally, I'd like to see Vegeta achieve SSJ3 first especially since we've seen this form in the Raging Blast games.

So, what do you think? Should Vegeta have Super Saiyan God? Or is he good enough as he is now?
PSN - Huw_Shakugan
Xbox - HuwEVA01
Check out my anime list here. Recommend me some anime! :)

TenshiGokuu
Banned

Re: Should Vegeta achieve SSJ God?

Post by TenshiGokuu » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

no, i think he should atleast go for super saiyan 3

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:50 pm

I don't think he needs it, but if they do give it to him, I'd like his to be blue. The sameness (for the most part) of ssj1-3 gets boring after a while.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Yeah I think that's be pretty cool to see Vegeta getting the form so long as he had the right motivation, not like episode of Bardock where it ignores things to the point of being annoying. Although I would like to think he'd be the last one to get it rather than it following the in the same footsteps as DragonBall Heroes where every Saiyan under the sun has to be a Super Saiyan 3.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 pm

No. Bury the form and never mention it again.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:No. Bury the form and never mention it again.
I take it you're not a fan then?

EDIT: I do sort of agree with you. But I don't so much have a gripe with the form rather than the way Goku first achieves it. When they gather the necessary Saiyan to perform it they completely ignore Bra in favor of revealing Videl's pregnancy.
Last edited by Wibbs on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Wibbs wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:No. Bury the form and never mention it again.
I take it you're not a fan then?
Nope.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm

If he does, you just know he'll still be weaker than Goku...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:10 pm

He should't but he will. Basically he's never getting Super Saiyan 3. Once Vegeta gets in..it'll be turned into a what if form for EVERY saiyan. Can't wait till Bardock is the unknowed original(No one knew this IN universe) Super Saiyan God because he's related to Goku. Honestly SSG should be a one time deal. Next thing you know we have something beyond SSG and the SSG form will be weaker than Kaioken x2.

Sylveon

Post by Sylveon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:39 am

Wibbs wrote: I do sort of agree with you. But I don't so much have a gripe with the form rather than the way Goku first achieves it. When they gather the necessary Saiyan to perform it they completely ignore Bra in favor of revealing Videl's pregnancy.
Not really. According to most guidebooks(with one exception), Bra was born in Age 780, making her a year younger than Pan, who was born in 779. BOG pretty much confirms that Pan is older than her.

For some reason she looks older in GT, but GT is also a non-canon piece of shit so....

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 am

Sylveon wrote:
Wibbs wrote: I do sort of agree with you. But I don't so much have a gripe with the form rather than the way Goku first achieves it. When they gather the necessary Saiyan to perform it they completely ignore Bra in favor of revealing Videl's pregnancy.
Not really. According to most guidebooks(with one exception), Bra was born in Age 780, making her a year younger than Pan, who was born in 779. BOG pretty much confirms that Pan is older than her.

For some reason she looks older in GT, but GT is also a non-canon piece of shit so....
There is no canon. People need to stop with this canon and non-canon crap. The only difference between the two in this franchise is 3 letters and a hyphen.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Sylveon

Post by Sylveon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 am

Of course there's a canon. The manga is canon. Everything else isn't. (When it comes to internet debates about characters and plot and such at least. You can believe GT is canon if you want to, and you wouldn't be wrong. The manga is the only thing I think all fans should believe is canon.)

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:08 am

I figured it was a given he'd be Super Saiyan God in the next film. The allusions to such occurring are quite present in Battle of Gods.

However,if any other side story or franchising stunt gives it to other characters, I'll be...a tad annoyed. Super Saiyan 3 has already been long-since ruined, and the fans did in Super Saiyan 4 a long time ago.

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:31 am

Sylveon wrote:

I didn't realise, sorry. I just went off of what I saw in GT where as you said, Bra looks a few years older.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:47 am

No.

Super Saiyan God should never be used again unless it's relevant to the plot. In Battle of Gods it is, because the film is essentially about a battle between two Gods - but as a recurring transformation for any old situation or conflict, it just seems verbose and a little ridiculous. If all of the Saiyans start becoming Gods all of a sudden then you therefore exacerbate the endless snow-balling of power levels to a whole new level, wherein any opponent has to be either as powerful, or somehow more powerful, than a God to be any form of a threat - which is just ridiculous.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 am

I'd definitely prefer them not to give Vegeta Super Saiya-jin God, since I don't want it downplayed and trod into the ground like the normal Super Saiya-jin form was. I'm okay to an extent to have it appear in later movies, but I don't want it to be something that is used every time a new villain shows up, nor do I want it to be something that Vegeta and the others can instantly respark in Goku should they need to. I want it to remain a relatively legendary, elusive form that comes out only in dire emergencies, and keep it to Goku to keep it unique. I want it to basically be how Super Saiya-jin was during the Freeza Saga, and leave it at that.

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 am

I think he should achieve Super Saiyan God.If he doesn't achieve it,Vegeta will turn into Vegeta from GT and i don't want that.I would only do Goku SSJG(which he already has) and Vegeta SSJG.If other Saiyans get that power,it would be meaningless like SSJ.Almost EVERY SAIYAN is Super Saiyan and that was the transformation that happens rarely :roll: .

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 am

Do I think he needs to? No. Do I think he will? Yes. I just don't see any other way at the moment...what else could the story call for? I'd like them to offer something different in the progression of Vegeta's abilities. I want something new and fresh, not just another power up.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

orbweaver

Post by orbweaver » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 am

Yes.

He's already come this far in his character development. Why not? He's fully redeemed now. The character needs to keep evolving and growing. If he doesn't, his character isn't growing or evolving or doing anything new. Actually getting to be the hero (and possibly be SSJ God) would be the next logical step in his character development - as opposed to what he did before, which is simply 1) jump in when he could get something for himself out of working with the Z fighters, then 2) jump in but only to clean up the mess *he* created, and then 3) jump in and help out but only because he cares about his family (but the rest of the world could still take a flying leap). And being SSJ God would nicely represent that change. It would also be nicely ironic if he gets to be equal to Goku only after his *internal* motivations have changed, and now that his relationship with Goku has changed.

This would represent the next logical step in Vegeta's personal growth. People change. The fact that he changed so much over the course of the series is what made him such a great character. If he doesn't keep growing, then he's not interesting anymore.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:18 am

Nahh SSJgod Cell from the future should be next. Vegeta should achieve similar or higher form through pure training with the help of Dr Briefs 8).