Prices getting out of hand?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Prices getting out of hand?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:37 am

Dragon ball Z season one bluray is still not being sold by Amazon. Now I see you can buy it used for $89.95. Granted you can get it for $34.95.

Do you think the Dragon Boxes set a bad president as people were/are willing to buy DBZ for a large amount of money?

RocktheDragon
Regular

Re: Prices getting out of hand?

Post by RocktheDragon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 am

I don't believe prices are getting out of hand by any means. The Dragon Boxes are a very special case and by no means will they/should they set a precedent of what to expect in the future. I'm not sure where you are finding such exorbitant prices online for the Season 1 Blu-ray as both Amazon and Ebay are still offering it new for around 35-40 dollars (and on Ebay some offers even include free shipping). Also if you pre-order the season 2 or 3 blu-ray at the moment you can get both for only 16.96 individually. So where are the prices getting out of hand? I just don't see it happening.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 am

Give it sometime and the prices will decrease once again.

Tanooki Kuribo's DBZ Season 1 BD is going to sell for a fairly good amount even though he stated the problems people don't seem to care. :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261388775507?ss ... 1558.l2649
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 am

I agree eledoremassis02 it is getting ridiculous. I love how people try to take advantage and squeeze every dollar they can get out of a person. In my opinion stuff like this screws the markets up on stuff bad and makes people think that their actual item is worth some of the crazy prices people try to sell them for.
Season 1 Is Under review again
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

If it's fans that's causing this to happen so much then they're pathetic.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 am

Amazon's just possibly getting more stock in because for $17.99 it's no wonder that they could've sold out every copy.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah if it wasn't for the fact that I gotta have 50 dollars laid back this month I would have bought season 2 and 3.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am

I understand the mentality of, "if someone is willing to pay it, why not?" but these people are terrible. Kind of like PS4. They don't even want one, they pre-ordered the first wave release and prevented someone who truly wanted it, just to see if someone would buy it for $700-$2,000. Just like sports tickets, etc. People will be people.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Why did the prices go up? FUNimation didn't print enough copies?

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:32 pm

sold out? that's a bit of a shock.

I guess they knew what they were doing...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Tenken wrote:sold out? that's a bit of a shock.

I guess they knew what they were doing...
I'll be the first to admit I don't like the idea of these selling well, but it's incredibly clear they have done so. So many people even on here of all forums say "I don't like the footage, but I'll buy it anyway"...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:11 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I understand the mentality of, "if someone is willing to pay it, why not?" but these people are terrible. Kind of like PS4. They don't even want one, they pre-ordered the first wave release and prevented someone who truly wanted it, just to see if someone would buy it for $700-$2,000. Just like sports tickets, etc. People will be people.
Ugh...My brother tried to do this with the Xbox One and I told him when you do stuff like that to people it will come back on you. sure enough...He's sitting with a 500 dollar xbox that he thought he was going to make around christmas time 7 or 800 dollars. LOL And I hate to say it about my own brother but I'm glad. :lol:
#1 Paikuhan fan!